Update: Autodesk 3ds Max 2021.1 – Modernization, Performance, Fit & Finish
This update to 3ds Max focuses on modernization, performance, fit & finish, with enhancements to Texture Baking, PBR workflows, new and improved Viewport quality & settings and more.
Autodesk 3ds Max
3ds Max offers a rich and flexible toolset to create premium designs with full artistic control.
- Create massive worlds in games
- Visualize high-quality architectural renderings
- Model finely detailed interiors and objects
- Bring characters and features to life with animation and VFX
What’s new in 3ds Max 2021.1?
Autodesk 3ds Max 2021.1 update is focused on modernization, performance, fit & finish.
Autodesk has continued to evolve Texture Baking, produced a faster and simplified install experience, and added more capability for PBR workflows in the viewport and rendering.
You will also find new and improved Viewport quality & settings, additional modeling tool improvements, and various enhancements to fluids in 3ds Max.
Here are some of the highlights of this update.
Bake to Texture:
- Output now supports multi-tile UV mapping (UDIM)
- Animated map outputs are now supported as well as multiple animated frames
- Various usability improvements.
- The Fluid loader is now exposed so that object types such as particle systems can work with the data
- The Velocity channel now reports correct information when not using meters as your default scene scale. This fix will enable motion blur in your renderer
- PRT now supports a signed and unsigned integer values (via .ini change).
Interactive Extrusion and Inset:
- Users can now utilize a Shift+Drag (left mouse button) with the Move transform tool to extrude polygon component selections when using an Editable Poly or an Edit Poly modifier
- Shift+Drag with the Scale transform tool now performs an polygonal inset action on selected polygon component selections when using an Editable Poly or an Edit Poly modifier
- Clone/Copy actions are now performed with Ctrl+Shift+Drag when using the Move transform tool on the polygon component on and Editable Poly or an Edit Poly modifier.
- Depth of field now affects the environment map
- Vignetting scale is now the same value as defined in the camera
- Matte/Shadows material now work in the viewport
- Each view can now have its own exposure, white-balance and vignette settings.
- MAXtoA 4.0.4
- AOV token system
- Animation support for Alembic
- Increased shader spinner accuracy
- Bake to Texture support for projection of normals from high to low resolution, normals spaces, and Mikkt.
Posted by Kim Sternisha