Update: AutoDesSys form•Z v9.1 – Adds support for Big Sur
AutoDesSys has updated form•Z with support for Big Sur and machines using Apple Silicon (using Rosetta 2), plus a new Auto Select Multi View option and more.
The Fastest, Easiest, Most Flexible 3d Modeling Software Available
AutoDesSys form•Z pro is a powerful 3D design application featuring a variety of modeling personalities and tools with an easy to use interface to express and communicate your imagination. It is based on advanced 3D solid and surface modeling methods that maintain accurate representations as you progress from design to visualization, layout, animation, and fabrication.
- Available for macOS X 10.11 or later (including Big Sur and Apple Silicon using Rosetta 2) and Windows 7/8/10.
- Surface Modeling tools including Booleans, NURBS, and Subdivision Surfaces.
- Native support for 64 architecture on OS X allows for more content creation.
- Imports SKP, KMZ, DWG, DXF, DAE, OBJ, SAT, STEP, and STL files.
- Exports SKP, DWG, DXF, SAT, STEP, DAE, and STL for 3D printing.
A fresh approach to 3D modeling aimed at delivering conceptual design and sketching ideas quickly
form•Z jr, previously called bonZai3d, is an application with a fresh approach to 3D modeling aimed at delivering conceptual design and sketching ideas quickly while still making it possible to carry you to the next level of productivity.form•Z jr’s robust geometry creates models that can be used for construction drawings, photorealistic rendering, and fabrication.
What’s new in form•Z v9.1?
- Support for OS X 11 (Big Sur) and machines using Apple Silicone(using Rosetta 2).
- “Auto SelectMulti View” is a new option in the “Window” pull-down menu. When enabled, the active frame of a multi view display is automatically selected as the mouse enters the frame. When disabled (which is the default), a mouse click in the desired frame is required to make it active (as with v8 and earlier versions).
- The screen now updates properlyduring RenderZone image now updates properly during rendering.
- Hidden Line rendering progress bars have beenimproved.
- Material previews do not re-render in Material parameters palette when changing the active material.
- Section tool nowworks properly when 2 Click Face/Outline Selection is enabled.
- Guide Snapworks better under certain situations when the grid snap is alsoenabled.
- Edit Cone of Vision no longer resets Undos.
- Edit Cone of Vision behaves properly after “Reset All Workspaces”and Importing workspaces.
- Measurement tools no longer leave artifacts on the screen.
- The Working units Angle option for Positive Angle Direction works using Clockwise as expected.SKP import handles files that contain improper material names.
- Undo after a Symmetry operation works as expected.
- In Project Settings->Appearance, thepreviews for project color schemes now display properly.In palettes with groups, Collapsing/Expanding a selected group now works as expected.
- No longer caught in an loop when 2 materials have the same name.
- Changing the display mode back to Shaded or Wireframeafter RenderZonenow works properly.
- The Shaded render “Fit In Window” background option now work properly.
- Colladatranslator (DAE) now handles files that contain discreet face colors (common in filescreated by Artios CAD).
- Various performance, localizationand stability improvements.
Posted by Kim Sternisha