Update/Sale: Blue Cat Audio Axiom, PatchWork and MB-7 Mixer – Up to 38% Off
Blue Cat Audio has updated a few of its products: Axiom, Patchwork, and MB-7 Mixer. These updates are free and add new features and improvements. These plug-ins are also on sale with a savings of up to 38%.
The free update can be downloaded from the same location as the original full version (link received by email upon purchase).
What’s new for all the plug-ins:
- Tail spillover: activate tail spillover from the toolbar to play effects tail when bypassed (available for the plug-in itself, sub-sections or built-in delays and reverbs).
- Arrow keys can now be used to navigate presets, in the main view or in the presets browser.
- The opacity of the tone map window can now be adjusted for built-in effects.
- Smoother preset switching.
- Improved smooth plug-in bypass (faster and smoother transition).
- Fixed: the state of some VST2 plug-ins (which do not save their state as chunks) was not be restored properly if their number of parameters had been changed (e.g. FabFilter Pro-Q’s latest update).
- Mac: fixed GUI performance issues on native P3 displays and improved performance on other displays (details here: bluecataudio.com/…/slow-mac-how-to-fix-mac-gui-performance-issues).
- Mac: fixed mouse wheel that required large movements to change parameter values.
- Mac: fixed mouse cursor flickering issues.
- Mac: fixed Esc key not closing fine edit parameter dialog.
- Mac: fixed keyboard not responding in registration panel in some host applications (LUNA, Garage Band…).
- Mac Audio Unit: fixed plug-in listing in some host applications (Plogue Bidule, …).
What’s new for Axiom 1.5:
- New hi-gain presets using custom impulse responses (IR).
- New responsive clean and crunch preseta.
- Reduced loudness and spectral balance discrepancies between presets.
- Adjusted effects levels to preserve loudness when bypassed.
- Adjusted reverb levels on all preseta.
- Most presets now support input overload gracefully (like “real world” amps): feel free to push the input gain by a few dBs.
- New default preset to get started quickly with the software.
- Fixed: built-in Late Replies sometimes cut delay tail when using plug-ins in the feedback loops.
- Fixed: output was mono when both A and B are off and I/O configuration is mono to stereo.
- New high-resolution graphics for knobs and sliders.
What’s New For PatchWork and MB-7 Mixer:
- Reduced disk footprint.
- Fixed: several issues with hosted plug-ins bypass (graphical glitches, untriggered bypass, …).
- Mac: fixed demo version that could hang Logic when reloading projects using the plug-in.
Blue Cat’s Axiom is a powerful and open multi-effects processor and amp simulation software for guitar and bass. In fact, Axiom is based on the acclaimed Destructor plug-in for amp simulations, Axiom offers an infinite number of exceptional tones for your axe.
MSRP: $249.00 SALE: $159.00
Blue Cat’s PatchWork is a universal plug-ins patchbay that can host up to 64 VST or Audio Unit plug-ins into any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) in one instance.
MSRP: $119.00 SALE: $89.00
Blue Cat’s MB-7 Mixer is a unique plug-in that splits the signal into several frequency bands and lets you mix and process them as if they were separate tracks.
MSRP: $159.00 SALE: $99.00
Posted by Kim Sternisha