Update: Chaos Group V-Ray for 3ds Max Hotfix 1 released
V-Ray for 3ds Max Hotfix 1 was released yesterday. The new feature is VRayBackToBeauty which added a render element to expand to all beauty render channels. Below, read about the modified features and bug fixes.
Official Release, Hotfix 1
Date 14 July 2020
- Add render element that will expand to all beauty render channels;
- Simplify the Image sampler options;
- View image button should work for .tx bitmaps;
- Add an option to not compute for the viewports;
- Raise the default Refraction and Reflection Max depth to 8;
- Add keyboard shortcut for Lock Pixel Coordinates (“L”);
- Support for the color corrections and VRayDenoiser in V-Ray Viewport IPR;
- Zoom key combinations support;
- Progress of V-Ray Material Library download should display downloaded/total size in the installer;
- VRayDisplacementMod’s Subdivision not working far from scene origin;
- Activating 3ds Max menus during IPR stops image updates in the VFB;
- Memory leak with VRayDistanceTex;
V-Ray GPU IPR
- Orthographic projection not rendered properly with RTX;
- Wrong objects in the exclude list when merged in a scene;
- NaN pixels occur with textured adaptive dome light;
- Overlapping MaxScript names of gradient parameters;
- Incorrect motion blur;
- More noise with Blue Noise Sampling enabled for grid volumes;
- Artifacts with Filmic tonemap;
- Colorful halo with Lens Effects and positive Lightness values in the Hue/Saturation color correction;
- Crash on consecutive V-Ray GPU IPR restarts when selecting different layers;
- Crash on scene open when the scene was saved with legacy VFB LUT color correction;
- Different convert to composite result if the first light is turned off;
- Large color values are not formatted properly in pixel info;
- Missing color corrections/post effects on image copied to clipboard;
- Resize on region IPR when an image has been previously loaded from history;
- Show corrected colors doesn’t work;
- Switching from OCIO to sRGB and back loses the OCIO settings;
- Window position can not be saved on a non-primary monitor;
- “Too many open files” error when loading many LUT files;
- Downloading the V-Ray Material Library does not work with network paths starting with “\\”;
- The install log is empty when an error occurs;
Go beyond rendering
The world’s most complete 3D rendering software for high-end visualization and production.
V-Ray for 3ds Max is a production-proven rendering software. Known for its versatility and ability to handle any type of project — from massive, dynamic scenes having thousands of lights to a sublime still life – it is the go-to solution for artists and designers across 3D industries.
One license. Infinite possibilities.
In fact, get V-Ray, Phoenix FD, Project Lavina, Chaos Cloud & VRscans in a single collection.
Artists and designers looking for total creative freedom and flexibility, get instant access to 15 Chaos products all with one license. With V-Ray Collection you can work freely between 3D applications, applying your own mix of photorealistic rendering, fluid simulation and real-time scene exploration to any project.
Posted by Michele Yamazaki