Update: Chaos Group V-Ray Next for Maya Update 2 – Full NVIDIA RTX support
V-Ray Next for Maya Update 2 now has full NVIDIA RTX support and new features to accelerate your workflow.
Chaos Group V-Ray Next for Maya – Update 2
V-Ray Next for Maya has just had a big boost with its second update. We’ve unlocked the power of NVIDIA’s RTX cores with V-Ray GPU and incorporated new features that will accelerate your workflow and give you more creative options.
New features include:
- Full NVIDIA RTX support in V-Ray GPU — Make the most of the game-changing features in NVIDIA’s latest hardware.
- Hash map-based Light Cache — Take advantage of a new, simpler Light Cache mode with improved animation performance.
- Dust and Scratches lens effects — Simulate real-world lens effects with procedural dust and scratches.
- Distance Texture support on V-Ray GPU — Set up your scene’s shaders and render effects based on geometry with V-Ray GPU.
- Bercon Noise — Newly added support for the popular open-source noise texture.
Posted by Kim Sternisha