Update: Chris Vranos Lockdown v1.4 – New Features & Improvements
Lockdown is a plug-in that allows you to track warping surfaces inside After Effects. Version 1.4 adds much improved track accuracy and new track editing tools.
Track Warping Surfaces in After Effects
Lockdown is a revolutionary new plug-in that allows you to track warping surfaces inside After Effects. Perfect for beauty retouching and other previously difficult cleanup jobs!
Lockdown is free to use until May 1st, 2020, follow the link below to get a time-limited license.
To get a free time-limited license, please fill out this form. Chris Vranos can’t respond to messages via this form, but just know that as he processes these submissions, your kindness and humor have been appreciated! Please get started with the watermarked trial (click the blue button below) and the temp license will likely get to you by the time you’re ready to render.Get the Free Trial
What’s new in version 1.4?
- Added vector tracking
- Added click and drag to adjust track points
- Added lasso tool to create and delete points
- Improved overall performance with many points.
- Prevents points from being created too close to each other.
- Added possibility to work with temporary licenses
- Installation of Lockdown.jsxbin is not needed anymore, all the functionality is moved inside the plugin.
- Reduced Externalized point count from 500 down to 4. This was to increase interactive speeds.
- Fixed some cases when new points could not be automatically triangulated to the existing mesh
How do I upgrade to Lockdown 1.4?
Please follow this video.
Please note that 500 Externalized Points are no longer supported in Lockdown 1.4. We only allow 4 because we recently discovered 500 would effect click and drag responsiveness. If you have 1.3 installed, please internalize all points for all Lockdown instances, then save your project before installing Lockdown 1.4.
Posted by Kim Sternisha