Update: iToo Software RailClone 4.3 – Improved Performance, Deform Controls, New Macros, and more
iToo Software has updated RailClone to v4.3 with support for 3ds Max 2022 as well as several improvements that add speed and versatility to this powerful parametric modeling tool for 3ds Max.
Artist-friendly parametric modeling and layout for 3ds Max
RailClone is the world’s most powerful artist-friendly parametric modeling plugin for 3ds Max®. Its unique array-based approach to asset creation is fast, efficient, and easy-to-learn.
What’s new in RailClone 4.3?
For a start there’s a 500% speed boost for complex styles, better support for new render features with the ability to use VRayMultiSubTex and VRayUVWRandomiser, new ways to control deformation, UI improvements and options to customize the font, a large number of handy new macros, plus support for 3ds Max 2022, and more!
- Added support for 3DS Max 2022.
- Improved performance for complex styles.
- Updated License Manager to support Forest Pack 7 licenses.
- Added support for ‘Instance ID’ mode to VRayMultiSubTex and VRayUVWRandomizer.
- Added Deform tab to Transform operator. It lets you to override the values of Segment→Deform.
- For “Flat Top”/”Flat Bottom”, it’s applied only when value is not zero.
- Added help links to License message boxes.
- Fixed: “Generator->Limit by ID” changes the spline order for Markers, when filtering by Spline number.
- Fixed crash dragging node category to the Style Editor.
- Fixed crash using splines without knots (usually splines malformed by scripts).
- Fixed Evenly divisions on closed splines when using ‘Sync Offset’ or ‘Aligned’ arrays.
- Fixed: Arithmetic->XSplineMatID returns a wrong value when used on arrays with multiple sub-splines.
- Fixed issues reading license configuration from environment variables.
- Added Font selector to Preferences.
- Updated look and colors to match with Forest Pack 7 style.
- Fixed: RC object is rebuilt just selecting nodes, without any other change.
For an in-depth explanation of what’s new, read this post, or watch the video below.
Try for free
If you’re not yet a RailClone user, there’s a free Lite version available that has many of the features of the Pro edition, never expires and can be used commercially.Get RailClone Lite!
Posted by Kim Sternisha