Update: Pilgway 3DCoat v. 2022.12 – New Factures Baking & Bugfixes
Pilgway has released a new version of 3DCoat, their digital sculpting program. They update it every few days with bug fixes, but v2022.12 adds a new feature: Factures Baking! 3DCoat is one of the most advanced software applications for creating detailed 3D models. And for those of you who don’t know, Pilgway is based in Ukraine. It’s amazing that they are still focused on updating 3DCoat, with all that is happening in their country. To learn more about this software development studio, check out our Spotlight on Pilgway post.
Pilgway Studio 3DCoat
Take your 3D idea from a block of digital clay to a production-ready, fully-textured organic or hard surface model
Pilgway Studio 3DCoat is an extremely versatile application, employing cutting-edge technology to provide the CG Artist a powerful array of Sculpting, Texture Painting, UV Layout, and Retopology tools.
3DCoat is one of the most advanced software applications for creating detailed 3D models. Where other applications in this market segment tend to specialize in one specific task, such as Digital Sculpting or Texture Painting, 3DCoat provides High-End capability across multiple tasks in an asset creation pipeline. These include Sculpting, Retopology, UV Editing, PBR Texture Painting, and Rendering. So it can be called a 3D texturing software and 3D texture painting software and 3D sculpting program and Retopology software and UV mapping software and 3D rendering software all combined.
In short, 3DCoat removes the need to purchase (and learn) multiple specialty software titles, which happen to be comparatively expensive, by putting all the production-level tools in a single, affordable application.
What’s new in 3DCoat 2022.12
- Factures (or VerTextures) may be baked to the regular textures. Factures allow the paint to be much denser than vertex density. It opens the possibility to sculpt and paint without UV at a super high details level and then, in the end, bake all this to the regular texture. It may be used together with File->Export->Decimate, auto-map, export to export the sculpt mesh.
- “3DCoat 2022” automatically enables Wacom tablet in the new Linux 21.10. Otherwise use environment variables “COAT_PEN/COAT_ERASER/COAT_MOUSE”.
- The Tools Free Move is improved. After snapping to a polygon, Gizmo automatically inherits that polygon’s normal direction.
- Fixed the visual bug – holes near the symmetry plane when using the move tool.
- Move tool problem with “Through all volumes” in voxels fixed.
- Fixed Undo problem when you have multiple volumes, sculpt through volumes, paint with native voxels, the with brush engine, undo… This important workflow was unstable, now it works correctly.
Posted by Kim Sternisha