Update: Pilgway 3DCoat v4.9.34 for Windows
The new 3DCoat v4.9.34 update adds multiple useful tools and improvements, all to make your 3D artwork faster, easier and better. For a point update, it seems that they’ve added a LOT of new features. Below are the release notes from Pilgway.
3DCoat now has native support of Blender via built-in AppLink!
Full compatibility with Quixel Megascan
If you download a Quixel material into “Downloads” 3DCoat will automatically notify you that a new material has been downloaded and will offer you to install it as a material or shader.
The same happens if you download a Smart Materials pack from the 3DCoat PBR Scans Store.
Real-time Cloth Simulation in 3DCoat
Real-time Cloth Simulation in 3DCoat is now at a new level of quality and speed!
Sculpt room includes a new Bend tool
- Possibility to bypass dialogs in Autopo menu.
- Completely new Alphas creation mechanism.
- 3DCoat imports external maps during PPP import in a much smarter way now. It recognizes gloss/roughness/metalness maps and puts them to the corresponding layers.
- Full path to the texture shown in the Smart Material’s hint.
- If several UV sets use the same name, the user will be asked to rename, so the confusion could be avoided.
- Tweaking vertex position with RMB updates mesh normals correctly now.
- Correct text via F9 moved to the Help menu.
- Correct symmetry support for all retopo/select commands. Split selected edges support SHIFT snapping.
- “On plane” constraints made accessible in the Retopo Room.
- Correct support of TIFF files (4.1.0) added, including Zip compression.
- Removed old-style gizmos from the Curve/Text tools.
- Baking of intersecting objects without “blur” between layers now.
- Res+ works correctly for really large meshes (can subdivide up to 160m with 32 GB RAM).
Make your 3D idea from a block of digital clay to a production-ready, fully-textured organic or hard surface model
3D Coat is an extremely versatile application, employing cutting-edge technology to provide the CG Artist a powerful array of Sculpting, Texture Painting, UV Layout, and Retopology tools.
Posted by Michele Yamazaki