Update: Pomfort Silverstack/XT v8.3 – New Features
Pomfort has just released version 8.3 for Silverstack and Silverstack XT. New features include support for ARRI Alexa 35, big performance boosts, ACES Look Exchange and more.
What’s new in Silverstack/XT v8.3?
Note: This is the last version to support macOS 10.15.7
- ARRI Alexa 35: Added support for processing of Alexa 35 LogC4 footage (ARRIRAW, HDE, ProRes)
Improved Metadata Extraction: Better support for Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2, Canon EOS R5 and Sony XAVC-S footage (A7s, FX-3, …)
- RED R3D Decoding: Significant boost of transcoding speed, especially on powerful systems (up to 5 times faster transcoding on MacStudio M1 Ultra) and better playback performance
- Canon CRM Decoding: Faster playback and transcoding, especially on powerful systems (up to 2 times faster on MacStudio M1 Ultra)
ACES Look Exchange:
- AMF Import: Import ACES Metadata Files (AMF) including Common LUT Format files (CLF) used in LMT nodes and exchange with third-party applications
- Summary of Jobs per Volume: Check the states of all jobs that require a specific volume in the offload menu
- Improved Search & Filter: Use related search keywords to retrieve metadata fields in the general info tab or the table column selection menu (e.g., find “Tint” also when searching for “White Balance”)
- Retrieve Column in Main Table: Added “scroll to column” button in table column selection menu
- Volume Last Seen Info: Shows in volume view which user was the last one to have a drive connected and when (only when the clip library is synced with ShotHub)
- Japanese Localization: Updated translation of user interface
Clever Media Management for Film Productions
Silverstack is your tool for media acquisition and professional data management. Silverstack imports and handles any kind of camera and media format. In fact, Silverstack offers a flexible way of data handling by supporting any kind of file format. This includes sound files, photos, any camera media, and all other production documents.
Posted by Kim Sternisha