Update: Red Giant Universe 3.3 – New Tools & Updates
Red Giant has updated Universe, loaded with GPU accelerated plug-ins for editors and motion graphics artists, with 2 new tools, updates to 4 others, and more presets.
Universe is a collection of 89 GPU-accelerated plug-ins for editors and motion graphics artists.
What’s new in Universe v3.3.?
This update includes 2 new tools and updates to 4 existing tools – not to mention a whole bunch of awesome presets to help get you started. With this release there are a total of 89 tools included in Universe.
- Quantum: a tool that creates the illusion of an animated light trail in front of or behind a layer. Great for text and motion graphics
- Modes: a tool that makes it easy to combine layers in entirely new ways using powerful features that go beyond the native blend modes found on your editing timeline.
BONUS: Modes is a great tool for any editor, but if you’re using Avid Media composer, which doesn’t offer blend modes on the timeline, it’s going to be a game changer.
Here’s what’s been added to each of the 4 updated tools:
- Glow: Now offers Inverse-square glow falloff, multi-pass chromatic aberration and the ability to glow a single color channel.
- Glimmer: This update gives you 6 mono or bi-directional glow streaks with variable intensity and color mapping, an animatable shimmer, variable rotation control, and Color maps aligned with Trapcode’s Starglow.
- Chromatic Aberration: This tool now includes control over the focus area, the ability to split the aberration into multiple passes, and chromatic rotation.
- Hacker Text: The addition of customizable random characters and the ability to auto-animate the encryption and decryption.
- Universe 3.3 includes a total of over 100 new presets for the new and updated tools.
HOW TO UPDATE
If you already have Red Giant Application Manager installed, updating is simple. Just follow these steps:
- Open Red Giant Application Manager.
- Close out of all host applications.
- Click the “Update” button for Universe.
- Follow the installer prompts.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In universe 3.1, RG moved from Red Giant Link to Red Giant Application Manager. If you have not already updated to Red Giant Application Manager, please follow THESE INSTRUCTIONS on how to update so that you can get the latest version of Universe and stay up to date.
Posted by Kim Sternisha