Update: Adobe Releases Updates for Photoshop, After Effects, Audition and Premiere Pro
The update for AE offers new format support and memory improvements, Photoshop gets selections improvements and advanced support for Windows high-density monitors, the update to Audition introduces more than 50 usability, performance, and stability improvements, and Premiere Pro gets some exciting new enhancements.
The latest update to Adobe After Effects CC includes more than fifty bug fixes, as well as new format support and memory improvements for VR workflows. It is a recommended update for all users.
New Format Support
This update includes support for three new formats across After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Adobe Media Encoder:
Variable frame rate video with audio sync
Footage recorded with a variable frame rate, such as from screen capture software or video shot on mobile phones, now maintains audio sync when played back or exported.
ARRI ALEXA Mini MXF/ARRIRAW
Footage captured by the ARRI ALEXA Mini camera in MXF/ARRIRAW format (ARRIRAW codec in an MXF container file) can now be imported.
HEVC (H.265) QuickTime
HEVC (also known as H.265) codec footage in a QuickTime (.MOV) container, such as produced by an iPhone or iPad with iOS 11 or a DJI Phantom 4 drone, can now be imported into After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Adobe Media Encoder.
Work with higher-resolution VR footage with lower GPU memory requirements through more efficient cubemap layout. The Create VR Environment and Extract Cubemap tools now generate the intermediate cubemap in 3:2 format instead of 4:3 format, enabling 6K VR (monoscopic) workflows at medium quality on GPUs with only 4GB of memory.
Key Bug Fixes
- After Effects no longer crashes when you copy shape layer data from mocha AE CC or mocha Pro.
- Parameter values no longer overlap in the Timeline panel on Windows when display scaling is set to 150 percent.
- Context menus now work in undocked panels on a secondary monitor on mac OS 10.13 (High Sierra).
- Keyboard shortcuts assigned to commands generated by plug-ins now work on Windows.
- The recent fonts list at the top of the font menu in the Character panel is no longer missing.
- The sourceData and sourceText expression attributes now correctly decode Unicode characters in JSON files.
- Expression-heavy compositions no longer render more slowly than After Effects 14.2.1.
- DNxHD and DNxHR codec QuickTime files exported with alpha no longer have a dark halo in the alpha channel.
- QuickTime or AVI files exported via the render queue will no longer be missing the last frame if you have selected a codec that is not native to After Effects and the project is set to Mercury GPU Acceleration.
- XML project files (.aepx) saved in a previous version of After Effects no longer open with all effect names removed and all masks renamed to “Mask”.
- If the Media Cache location is set to the root directory of a drive, Premiere Pro 12.0.1 no longer fails to load a Motion Graphics template created by After Effects or shows a warning that After Effects needs to be installed.
The January 2018 release of Premiere Pro has some exciting new enhancements.
- Updates to Add media cache expiration policies
Variable Frame Rate (VFR) support
- Detection of VFR footage
- Improved audio sync with VFR footage
- Toggle multi-cam in source monitor for active camera to fill screen
- Support for more video footage formats
- Option to keep clips vertically aligned as you move them across tracks
- Improved options to solo audio track in source monitor
- Ability to make existing project into a shared project alias
- Preview VR360 clips on HMD
- Option to match frame sets in point
- Sub-sequence improvements
Photoshop releases version 19.1 with selections improvements, advanced support for Windows high-density monitors and more.
Select the prominent objects in your images in just one click with the new Select Subject feature. Then refine your choice further with selection tools or in the Select and Mask workspace.
Improved support for high-res monitors
Photoshop now scales for each of your high-resolution monitors individually. And there are more options to set UI scaling just right. Windows Creator’s edition and later only.
Select and Mask improvements
A slider in the Decontaminate Colors option now allows you to easily adjust the amount of decontamination applied to your images.
Better integration with Microsoft Dial
Easily change brush parameters including size, opacity, and other brush settings — right as you paint using Microsoft Dial.
The January 2018 update of Audition (version 11.0.1) introduces more than 50 usability, performance, and stability improvements. This update is available now through the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application, or by selecting Help > Updates… in the Audition menu bar. Please save and close any sessions and files and ensure Audition is closed before updating.
The improvements and bug fixes include:
- Smart Input monitoring no longer enabled by default (to prevent issues with certain audio device configurations)
- Potential crash when adding Essential Sound effect during playback
- Prevent level change, corrected channelization issues, when applying Sound Remover effect
- Improved Auto-Ducking stability
- Correct behavior when using Channel Mixer effect on Master track
- Clip Z-Order intelligence improved when pasting clips to new tracks
- Silent clips during mixdown in some circumstances fixed
- Full Reverb effect processing and meter improvements
- Playhead position returns after playback of a selection when toggled
- Improvements to Center-Scrolling behaviors – smoother scrolling, no more jumping
- Fixed Loudness Radar meter stability on certain operating system configurations
- Improved playhead synchronization with ARRIRAW MXF video files
- Corrected behavior of volume automation envelope in certain circumstances
- Fixed long-standing waveform zoom issue when recording into a new file on macOS
- Improved clip crossfade UI behavior
- and much more…
All four of these products are available individually or as part of Adobe Creative Cloud. Learn More
Posted by Kim Sternisha