Update: Avid Pro Tools v2018.3 Fixes Lots of Bugs
This update to Pro Tools adds stability and fixes many pesky little bugs.
Avid Pro Tools
Power your sound with the tools that power the industry. Create music or sound for film/TV and connect with a premier network of artists, producers, and mixers around the world.
From numerous new MIDI editing enhancements and retrospective MIDI recording, to the ability to save your favorite effects chains and instrument sounds as track presets, Pro Tools enables you to keep your creativity flowing. That’s why top artists, producers, and engineers choose Pro Tools for everything they do. Because when you need to sound your best, nothing delivers like Pro Tools can.
What's new in Pro Tools v2018.3?
- The Pro Tools | S6, and Pro Tools | Control, now use the correct page table for the expand knob and fader assignment (PT-237378)
- The page table for Dyn3 De-Esser now uses the correct page table on the Pro Tools | S6 Knob Module (PT-233948)
- The Pro Tools | Control application will now reflect when tracks are hidden from Pro Tools | S6 or Pro Tools (PT-238653)
- Opt/Alt touching a fader, in flip mode, will once again set the console and Pro Tools fader to its default value (PT-238654)
- Fixed a crash when cycling clips in a selection and then undoing (PT-237545)
- Fixed a crash when a deleted committed track is cleared from undo queue (PT-238766)
- Fixed a crash when recalling track presets to incompatible track types (PT-237573)
- Fixed a crash when working in a project that has a shared collaborative track at the bottom of the tracks list (PT-237679)
- Pro Tools will no longer crash on launch if it does not have write permissions to the Pro Tools Preset folder (PT-237679)
- Brainworx Digital v3 no longer crashes Pro Tools when Mix Window EQ curve is shown (PT-237575)
- Fixed an issue where cycling clips from another playlist could affect other preceding cycled clips (PT-237546)
- Increased the speed for promoting clips, in playlist view, when multiple tracks are selected (PT-237406)
- Fixed an issue where selecting “Do Not Import” for Main Playlist Options, in Import Session Data, did not correctly deselect several Track Data to Import options (PT-237570)
- Fixed an issue where the HD driver would no longer work on Windows 8.1 (PT-237431)
- The Pro Tools | HD driver can now be installed if secure boot is enabled on an EFI motherboard (PT-230493)
- Changed shortcut for retrospective MIDI command to Shift+Option+Z (PT-238631)
- Fixed an issue where Shift+C did not display 'C' in the Mix window comments field (PT-238699)
- Notes will now audition when using keyboard shortcuts to trim their velocity (PT-237627)
- Tab to Transient no longer includes note OFFs (PT-237589)
- LLM now working with surround monitoring (PT-237594)
- Version info “2018.R1.0” mentioned on warning dialog when session created in 2018.1.0 is opened in older versions of ProTools which do not have some newer data (Clip Effects, etc.) (PT-237470)
- Making a horizontal edit-selection across an edit-group is no longer sticky on Hi-Res displays (PT-237713)
Posted by Kim Sternisha