Update: Chaos Group V-Ray 3.60.02 for Maya Hotfix
Chaos Group have improved support for the Render setup in Maya 2018.1, and included a new option to set the maximum resolution for mip-mapped files to help speed up draft renders.
Thisis a free update for V-Ray 3.x for Maya customers. For the full changelog, take a look at the V-Ray for Maya documentation page.
Maya 2018 update 1 support.
- Full Light Select Render Element – Render individual lights or groups of lights as separate render elements, with full support for global illumination, reflections and refractions for accurate light mixing in post.
- Cryptomatte – Automatically generate ID mattes with support for transparency, depth of field and motion blur.
- Hybrid Rendering – With Chaos Group’s hybrid rendering technology, you can render on NVIDIA CUDA GPUs, CPUs — or a combination of both.
- MDL – You can now import and render MDL material files with V-Ray for Maya.
- NVIDIA NVLink – Supports shared GPU memory across NVLink compatible graphics cards.
- Improved Viewport 2.0 integration – V-Ray lights can now illuminate objects in Viewport 2.0. This makes light setup a lot easier. Also, V-Ray materials now support environmental reflections directly in the viewport.
Posted by Michele Yamazaki