Update: Corona Renderer 1.7 for 3ds Max is Now Available and Faster Than Ever
This is the first release of Corona Renderer for 3ds Max since Render Legion merged with Chaos Group. With version 1.7 comes massive rendering speedups, accelerated workflows, dedicated hair and skin shaders, and much more.
Corona Renderer delivers high quality, physically-based shading in production rendering. All its features are tightly integrated into Autodesk 3ds Max.
What's new in Corona Renderer 1.7?
THE MEANEST AND LEANEST VERSION YET
- 100% speed boost comes from the integration of V-Ray’s DMC sampler, the first (of many) benefits to Corona Renderer users from the Chaos Group merger
- You can get up to a 600% additional speed boost in scenes with more than 1 light, thanks to the optional new adaptive direct light sampling
- Adaptivity recomputation is faster by a factor of 2 to 3
- Other general improvements add an additional 5% speedup
- Optimization of render elements mean they need 25% to 75% less memory
- We’ve added the Material Library, a collection of over 300 materials for you to use with a drag and drop
- All major hair and fur rendering tools are now supported
- Dedicated shaders for Skin and for Hair let you create realistic materials with the ease that Corona Renderer is known for
- New Subsurface Scattering in the Corona Material makes creating marble and other materials easier and more realistic than before
- Dispersion gives extra realism to gemstones, glass and liquids
- The dedicated Corona Camera
Chaos Group merger
As some of you may already know, on August 25th 2017 Render Legion, makers of Corona Renderer, announced the merger with Chaos Group, the makers of V-Ray. Corona Renderer 1.7 brings the first fruits of the union with new technology integrated into Corona Renderer from V-Ray. You can learn more about the merger here.
Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D
Development is forging ahead, with Interactive Rendering now in the daily builds. Keep up with the development schedule on the Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D roadmap, and download the latest daily builds to try it for yourself!
Posted by Kim Sternisha