Update: iToo Software Forest Pack 6.1.2
This update delivers some incremental improvements, handy new features such as the ability to use Forest Colour’s Tint by Surface tools, even when distributing items using particles, reference objects, and splines. Learn more and update your iToo Forest Pack.
What's new in iToo Software Forest Pack 6.1.2
- With Distribution->Path, Reference and Particle modes, it's possible to assign a Surface keeping the item's Z position.
- To do it, turn off “Non Image modes->Link to Surface” in the Surface rollup.
- This mode is useful to use the “Color by Texture” mode of Forest Color.
- Fixed: Items are not oriented correctly when using Distribution->PFlow->Align.
- Fixed errors in Lister when there are duplicated object names.
- Distribution->Path Distance is set by default to 1 meter, regardless of the scene's unit.
- “Surface->Custom Edit->Link to Surface” has been renamed to “Non Image->Link to Surface”, since this parameter is used both in Custom Edit and Non-Image Distribution modes.
- Fixed: “Color by Texture” doesn't work in Custom Edit mode if “Surface->Link to Surface” is off.
- Fixed crash using Forest as an XRef Object.
- Fixed missing items when rendering Particle Flow distributions.
- Tree Editor is renamed to Items Editor in the Settings dialog.
- Fixed slowdown evaluating heavy models with displacement maps (as Maxtree models).
The Scattering tool for 3ds Max
Forest Pack is the world’s most popular scattering plugin for 3ds Max®. It provides a complete solution for creating vast areas of objects, from trees and plants to buildings, crowds, aggregates, ground-cover, rocks and more. If you can model it, Forest Pack can scatter it.
Posted by Michele Yamazaki