Update: Pixologic ZBrush 4R8 Update 2 Now Available
This patch for ZBrush 4R8 includes all the updates from patch 1 plus it adds more stability and is recommended for all users.
Pixologic™ ZBrush® 4R8 is a digital sculpting and painting program that has revolutionized the 3D industry with its powerful features and intuitive workflows. Built within an elegant interface, ZBrush offers the world’s most advanced tools for today’s digital artists. With an arsenal of features that have been developed with usability in mind, ZBrush creates a user experience that feels incredibly natural while simultaneously inspiring the artist within. With the ability to sculpt up to a billion polygons, ZBrush allows you to create limited only by your imagination.
What's new in ZBrush 4R8 Patch 2
- Masking applied to active SubTool will now be visible while Live Boolean is active.
- Mesh dimming for unselected SubTools will now be visible while Live Boolean is active.
- Resolved various Brush issues involving Morph Target usage. (Such as the interaction of the ClayTubes Brush with Morph Targets.)
- Fixed Brushes not maintaining settings.
- Standard Brush now has Adaptive Size set to 0 by default.
- Brush Draw Size 'Dynamic' mode will now be stored per Brush.
- Dynamic Brush Scale (in Preferences) now allows a wider range of values.
- Updated GroomClumps Brush to eliminate rendering artifacts.
- Curve Brushes using the 'Dots' stroke now work with Lazy Mouse.
- Brush Classic Axis-lock (Shift modifier) will now be used when Lazy Mouse is toggled Off.
3D Print Hub
- Exporting textures with a VRML now supports 'Selected' mode.
- Resolved issue with the functionality of 'Move Bounding Axis to Origin.'
- STL import now correctly imports color STL files.
- Restored missing Material shaders such as: DoubleShader, TriShader and QuadShader.
- Resolved issue of Best Render not working if a BPR render was canceled.
- Fixed UV stretching when creating Planar UV's on a model.
- LightBox now supports OSX Aliases.
- Material Blend Radius now functions correctly.
- Restored TransPose Inflate functionality.
- Restored TransPose Clip functionality.
- Gizmo3D 'TransPose All Selected SubTools' now turns off interlaced rendering when not active.
- Tray Dividers now require a double-click to open or close. This should prevent accidental clicks closing the trays. (This will affect ZScripts that open/close the Trays. See ZScripting Help forum for more info.)
- ZScript command [LoopContinue] now functions appropriately. (ZScripts using [IConfig,4.8] or higher.)
- Exporting Displacement Maps in EXR format now support unicode characters.
- SubTool palette scroll bar no longer creates a blank SubTool List.
- Fixed Ghosting when manipulating models in 3D.
- Eliminated Layer artifacts when going in and out of Record mode.
- Drawing meshes in 2.5D will now respect Classic Axis-Lock (Shift modifier.)
- Fixed custom palette issues pertaining to sliders and shortcuts.
- Fixed BPR rendering issues with FiberMesh and edge detection.
- ZBrush to Keyshot Bridge is now compatible with Keyshot 7.
To determine the proper upgrade steps for your system, click here.
Posted by Kim Sternisha