Update: Pixologic™ ZBrush® v2018.1 Now Available
ZBrush 2018.1 is now available for download. This patch is a free update and is highly recommended for all users. It includes a number of changes for improved stability in ZBrush 2018:
From the release notes:
- Added various changes to increase ZBrush sculpting and navigation speed.
- Added ‘Go To Unmasked Center’ button for use with the Gizmo3D center option.
- Added ‘Uvb’ and ‘Uvbt’ (UV-Box and UV-Box tiles) UV map creation options.
- Added option to export Smooth Normals with OBJ files.
- Added ZModeler Inset proportional option. (A Single Poly only. CTRL modifier)
- Added a warning when loading custom brushes with auto-masking enabled if Sculptris Pro is active.
- Added a MatCap Red Wax material so it will no longer be fully replaced when using ‘Save As Startup Material’.
- Fixed Groups Border weighted smooth mode (Smooth Groups Brush).
- Fixed iCloud Photos shortcut issue.
- Fixed GoZ Photoshop Crash.
- Fixed GoZ Max has been updated to work with 3ds Max 2017, 2018, & 2019.
- Fixed double clicking not opening ZPR or ZTL files on the MacOS.
- Fixed issues with tablet pressure on MacOS.
- Fixed ZRemesher density control with Polypainting on MacOS.
- Fixed CTRL + Drag duplicated crash when using the Gizmo3D.
- Fixed issue with geometry position sliders staying active when inputting values.
- Fixed issue with lightbox not opening with a large number of loaded brushes.
- Fixed issue with VDM brushes when applying with textures.
- Fixed ‘Draw Transformation Border’ not storing with Config.
- Fixed ZBrush not responding after restoring from minimizing on MacOS.
- Fixed typing with a French keyboard on MacOS.
- Fixed importing of PNG files on MacOS.
- Fixed custom UI not storing when in full-screen mode on MacOS.
- Fixed Screen Saver from activating when ZBrush is launched on MacOS.
- Fixed computer not sleeping when ZBrush is launched on MacOS.
- Fixed issue after UI is saved in window mode on Windows.
- Fixed issue of UI not being saved in fullscreen on a secondary monitor on Windows.
- Fixed UV Planar smoothing UVs when applied. Now smoothing will only take place when SUV in the Tool>Geometry is enabled.
This list is not comprehensive. It shows only the most significant updates. Other, smaller updates have been made as well.
The All-In-One Digital Sculpting Solution Designed for the Pursuit of Art
ZBrush sets the industry standard for digital sculpting. Its features enable you to use customizable brushes to shape, texture and paint virtual clay in a real-time environment that provides instant feedback. When you use ZBrush you’ll be working with the same tools used by film studios, game developers, toy/collectible makers, jewelry designers, automotive/aviation designers, illustrators, and artists the world over. 3D Has never been this fun.
Posted by Michele Yamazaki