Updates: Adobe Creative Cloud September 2020 Updates
Adobe released its September 2020 updates for Creative Cloud Apps. We have the highlights for After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Photoshop. Illustrator and Audition were not updated this month.
Adobe After Effects 17.1.4, September 2020
This was not a real spectacular update for After Effects. Adobe fixed some bugs and other issues. In addition, Adobe updated the following:
- Channel Combiner and Channel Effects. Now GPU accelerated.
- Motion Graphic templates that utilize the Roto Brush Effect can now be imported into Premiere Pro. For more information, see Work with Motion Graphics templates in After Effects.
Adobe Premiere Pro 14.4, September 2020
In summary, v14.4 includes scene edit detection and HDR support for broadcasters. In addition, it gives the ability to export with proxies. Not to mention, there are the usual bug fixes.
- Scene Edit Detection. Use machine learning to automatically detect and add edits where cuts occur in a video.
- HDR for broadcasters. With the new Rec.2100 HLG color space, broadcasters can work with more vibrant and dynamic content.
- Export with proxies. You can now choose to use proxies while exporting if you want a quick export that doesn’t require full-resolution media.
- Other enhancements. Premiere Pro now scans VST 3 and AU (Audio Unit) plugins faster. Also, exporting an AAF with Breakout to Mono deselected preserves audio channelization.
Adobe Photoshop 21.2.3, September 2020
This update consists of bug fixes, including the following:
- Resizing proportionally while holding down the Shift key, disables snapping to smart guides even when the View > Snap To > Guides option is active
Posted by Michele Yamazaki