Updates: Next Limit Maxwell | Maya 4.2.2, Maxwell | ArchiCAD 4.2.5
Next Limit has recently updated Maxwell | Maya with support for Maya 2019 and much more. And Maxwell | ArchiCAD gets a few changes and bug fixes.
Next Limit Maxwell | Maya
Maxwell | Maya offers seamless integration, allowing you to work comfortably within the Maya interface. This product has been specifically designed for rendering in Maya with a simple yet comprehensive Maxwell toolbar. It brings you advanced Maxwell Render technology in a simple, self-contained package.
What’s new in Maxwell | Maya V4.4.2?
- Added support for Maya 2019.
- Added support for Maxwell material representation in Viewport 2.0 (Core Profile) for Maya 2017 and newer; in the case of Maya 2016 Legacy Default Viewport has to be used but the features regarding viewport shaders will be the same as in previous versions.
- New Maxwell Material Preview area in Attribute Editor; bigger, more useful, collapsible and detachable).
- Added a bigger material preview area that can be set to three different sizes.
- Added engine selection options for the material preview (drop-down and right-click menus).
- Added controls for Sampling Level (SL) and Time limits as well as the number of threads for the Material Preview.
- Added a drop-down menu to be able to select the preview scene from the ones available at the Maxwell installation preview folder.
- Added a text box where to store custom information about the material.
- Added a toggle button to change from On Demand preview update mode to Automatic.
- Added a button to edit the material in Maxwell Material Editor (MXED).
- Added buttons to detach the material preview to a floating window.
- Added update preview button.
- Added new buttons to create embedded, referenced and assistant materials (new).
- Added Hair assistant material.
- And More
Version support changes:
- Dropped support from Maya 2012 to 2015 as some of the new features were not able to work on the old versions.
Next Limit Maxwell | ArchiCAD
Maxwell | ArchiCAD offers seamless integration, allowing you to work comfortably within the ArchiCAD interface. This product has been specifically designed for rendering in ArchiCAD with a simple yet comprehensive Maxwell toolbar. It brings you advanced Maxwell Render technology in a simple, self-contained package.
What’s new in Maxwell | ArchiCAD v4.2.5?
- Added two new ColorSpaces: ACES and HDTV (Rec.709).
- Added two new parameters at Maxwell for ARCHICAD Preferences Dialog > General Tab > Animation: Render Time in Anim and SL in Anim.
- The MXM Web Gallery downloads the files into a fixed Gallery folder.
- Added new Preference parameter “Use custom folder for MXM Gallery downloads”. This was added to the Preferences dialog “Texture Folders” tab.
- Plus many bug fixes
Version support changes:
- We dropped support for ARCHICAD versions 16, 17, and 18 in MacOS. In the case of Windows we managed to support these versions, so we still support from ARCHICAD 16 to 22.
Posted by Kim Sternisha