8 Marvelous Designer Quick Start Tutorials
Marvelous Designer lets 3D artists easily create realistic clothing. If you’re new to Marvelous Designer, or just want to know more about what it does, these quick start tutorials are a great place to start!
1. Windows and Modes (4 mins)
In short, learn about the main Windows and Modes.
2. View Control (2 mins)
Learn how to control the view in Marvelous Designer for better checking the garments and patterns.
3. Files (9 mins)
In summary, learn how to import and export different types of files in Marvelous Designer.
4. Pattern Making (7.5 mins)
Learn to create patterns by flattening or freehanding.
5. Arrangement (3 mins)
To summarize, learn how to arrange the patterns in the 2D and 3D windows. This will help you a lot with simulation.
6. Sewing and Simulation (4.5 mins)
In short, learn how to sew patterns in Marvelous Designer and simulate the patterns to drape on avatars like a real garment.
7. Fabric and Trims (5 mins)
Ultimately, learn how to get a more realistic effect by adjusting the Fabric settings and using other Trims.
Modular Configurator (1.5 mins)
To sum up, learn how to use Modular Configurator to use the default garments blocks and get different styles of garments.
More about Marvelous Designer
- More Marvelous Designer Quick Start Tutorials. This series of tutorials explain everything you need to know about using Marvelous Designer to create beautiful 3D virtual clothing, from the UI and basic tools to practical uses.
- Sekani Solomon: Creating the Short ‘Hidden’ Using Cinema 4D. From C4D Live SIGGRAPH 2018 Rewind – Round 6. Sekani Solomon discusses the creation of his short film “Hidden” and explains how he achieved several of the shots within the film. He explains how to animate shattered crystals with Cinema 4D’s Voronoi Fracture and MoGraph tools. He also shows how the Time Offset feature of MoGraph effectors can be used to animate growing flowers along a path, and how he used PoseMorph to wrap chains around a figure. Sekani discusses his use of Redshift Proxy to optimize rendering, and some of the techniques he used to render realistic skin in Redshift. He also talks about creating cloth effects in Marvelous Designer.
- News: Upcoming Marvelous Designer 10 License Changes. Marvelous Designer will be changing from perpetual licenses to subscription licenses with the release of Marvelous Designer 10.
- Marvelous Designer YouTube Channel
Bringing the efficiency of fashion design to computer graphics
Marvelous Designer allows you to create beautiful 3D virtual clothing with our cutting-edge design software.
Finally, breathe life into your designs with tools that enhance quality while saving you time. From basic shirts to intricately pleated dresses and rugged uniforms, Marvelous Designer can virtually replicate fabric textures and physical properties to the last button, fold, and accessory.
Posted by Michele Yamazaki