Lighting with Video Copilot Element 3D V2
Here are a few experiments created in Element 3D V2 with simple lighting and Ambient Occlusion. In these examples I’m using the Ray Traced AO which is a bit slower but creates very nice results.
The other important setting I like to use is called “Lighting Influence” under the Physical Environment. This setting helps blend the shadow darkness with the environment (IBL), to create a nice Global Illumination look. You can also tint the Environment color to change the overall look and mood.
Some other Tips I Use:
- Use one or two lights (too many lights can look busy)
- Turn roughness of material down so that it has a matte white surface
- For Ray Trace AO, turn the spread down to .85 to create more contrast
- Turn down the adaptive blur blending to make AO tighter. (Blur Blend)
- Switch between preview mode and final render to speed up Ray Trace performance while you work.
Posted by Spencer Knuttila