v2.4.x Blue Cat Oscilloscope Multi
$60.00 From $49.00
Download demos and trial versions, product documentation, free presets and more.
You may download a free Demo after logging in.
The all-at-once waveform visualizer and comparator.
Blue Cat’s Oscilloscope Multi is a unique multiple track real time waveform renderer and comparator: it X-Y viewlets you visualize the content of several audio tracks on the same screen and compare them. The waveform viewer shows the waveform of audio signals as well as their phase relationship.
The plugin offers stereo or mid-side channels waveform extraction as well as several synchronization modes. The zooming and precise measurement capabilities let you analyze the waveforms in details, and the XY phase scope view will help you track phase issues within an effect chain or while recording with multiple microphones.
The additional histogram display complements the toolset to check the distribution of the values in the waveform and get an idea of the average peak level.
The four memory slots let you store any waveform in memory: it helps you make comparisons between several setups or portions of your audio project very easily.
Thanks to Blue Cat’s skinning language support and the included window opacity management feature, you can adapt the plug-in user interface to your personal needs and enhance your workflow.
Blue Cat Oscilloscope Multi Main Features
- Multiple tracks real time oscilloscope: visualize and compare the waveform of several audio tracks on the same screen.
- Waveform display with loop, flow and trigger modes.
- Histogram display.
- Dual channel XY phasescope view (Lissajous) for easy phase cancelation and mono compatibility issues detection on multiple tracks or within an effect chain.
- Latency compensation capability to align waveforms.
- Choose a name for each curve for easier sharing.
- Animated zoom for all displays.
- Precise measurement capabilities.
- Save the curves for easy A/B comparison.
- Left-Right or Mid-Side operation modes
- Unique data sharing technology with multi-core processors support.
- Opacity control for the user interface.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
- Available in most plug-in formats for Mac and Windows.
- Full MIDI control and automation support, MIDI Learn.
- No CPU load on idle: processing shuts down when fed with silence (optimal CPU usage).
- Customizable user interface with transparency & zoom.
- Smooth Bypass: noiseless plug-in activation / deactivation.
- Full featured integrated presets manager.
- Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances.
- Any sample rate supported.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Any VST / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
Mac OS X
- An Intel or Apple Silicon processor.
- Mac OS 10.9 or newer.
- Any VST / Audio Unit (32/64-bit) / AAX compatible application.
- Added Apple Silicon support for AAX Plug-in Format.
- Fixed VST3 version not always loading properly in Ableton Live 11.
- Improved VST parameter value display in some host applications.
- Added an option in global & preset input settings to send MIDI events when MIDI-enabled parameters are modified in the plug-in (to update control surfaces accordingly).
- Improved undo management and automation when using the mouse wheel to move knobs.
- AAX: Fixed erratic mouse behavior in Pro Tools on Mac.
- Mac: installers and plug-ins have been notarized to avoid security warnings on Mac OS Catalina and newer.
- Single Installer on Mac (all plug-ins formats).
- Apple Silicon (M1 processor) support.
- Dropped 32-bit support on Mac.
- Now requires MacOS 10.9 and newer.
- Arrow keys can now be used to navigate presets.
- Added MIDI control support (MIDI CC messages) for Next and Previous Preset commands, with MIDI learn.
- Improved MIDI & automation control settings with lock, reset and “save as global setting” capabilities.
- Improved smooth plug-in bypass (faster and smoother transition).
- Unicode support.
- Reduced the number of threads used by the plug-in.
- Reduced memory footprint.
- Windows: improved GUI loading performance.
- VST3: fixed random crash in Ableton Live 11 upon load.
- Fixed plug-in layout not properly saved and restored.
- Mac: faster GUI rendering on recent Mac OS systems (up to 8x faster).
- Mac: fixed user interface not properly shown on retina displays in some applications built with the 10.14 Mac OS SDK.
- Mac: fixed settings panel rendering issues in dark mode on Mac OS Mojave and newer.
- Mac: fixed registration dialog not working in some applications (LUNA, Garage Band, Gig Performer).
- Mac: fixed demo version causing Logic to freeze when reloading a project.
- Mac: fixed Audio Unit plug-in listing in some host applications (Plogue Bidule…).
What’s New in v2.3 (June 2019)
- Refreshed GUI design, with improved usability and touchscreen support.
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- Last loaded preset is now remembered in session and displayed in the presets menu.
- Plug-in state can now be reverted to the last loaded preset.
- Now supports retina displays on Mac (text and graphs using high resolution).
- VST3: added support for MIDI program change messages to change presets via MIDI.
- VST3: fixed audio output muted in some host applications.
- VST: the user interface is now properly resized in Cubase on Windows.
- Mac: new installer.
- Mac: fixed minor compatibility issues with Mac OS High Sierra and Mojave.
- Dropped support for Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.6 and earlier.
- Dropped support for legacy RTAS and DirectX plug-ins formats.
- Fully compatible with previous versions of the plug-in (except for VST3 on Mac, as explained here: bluecataudio.com/Blog/tip-of-the-day/vst3-plugin-id-changes-on-mac).