Thanks for being a Toolfarm Affiliate. Here are some guidelines and tips. If you have questions, please email Michele Yamazaki.
- How to become an affiliate
- Benefits of being an affiliate
- How to add links
- Where and how to post links for the best exposure/sales (social media)
- Logo and content use
We have a variety of sites or even just people that are very active on Twitter and Facebook that are affiliates. We will not take just anyone! If you're interested in becoming a Toolfarm affiliate, please send your website or social media info to Michele Yamazaki so we can check you out.
- Money! Affiliates earn 5% of all sales that come through a link from your website or social media account.
- Associate yourself with Toolfarm! We have a very good reputation in the industry and we are nice people to know. :-)
- We'll list your site in our links This will help increase traffic to your site.
- We will share your content! Got a great tutorial or freebie on your site? Let us know and we'll put it on our blog.
Payment goes out at the first of the month via Paypal so we will need the email for your Paypal account if you are a registered affiliate.
We have a monthly, sometimes more frequent, newsletter for our affiliates that has info on upcoming and current sales and items that are most profitable to promote. We also offer special coupon codes for affiliates only that you can promote to your customers.
When you register with Toolfarm as an affiliate, you will be given a user name.
Note: In the following affiliate links replace "AFFILIATE ID" with your own assigned ID:
If your affiliate ID is "JOESCHMO", use http://www.toolfarm.com/store/cart/referral/referrer/JOESCHMO. The words referral and referrer do not change.
Link to a Product page
Use the URL:
For example, http://www.toolfarm.com/store/cart/referral/referrer/JOESCHMO/url/damage
refers to the following store link for Digieffects Damage: http://www.toolfarm.com/buy/damage.
Link to a Vendor pageUse the URL:
For example, the following will link to the Digieffects Damage page:
This refers to the following Digieffects store link:
Link to a Blog Page
Use the URL:
For example, the link below links to the post on our Top 10 plugins survey.
Link to our homepage
Use the URL:
Yours would look like this (with your own Affiliate ID):
Note that in the above examples affiliate_id refers to the ID given to your account when it is established, and product_url refers to the last segment in the URL for the product.
- Social Networking - Feel free to use links on websites, newsletters, list-servs, facebook, twitter, etc. We have no limits and anywhere is good advertising for us! Bit.ly and TinyURL will not harm your tracking link.
- Articles, Tutorials and Reviews - Offer some free tips and tools on your site; make your visitors want to come back to your site. Write and distribute tutorials and product reviews with links to products, . This strategy extremely essential; and it is a cost effective way to market your affiliate program.
- Forum Comments
- Blog Post - about new releases or samples of work with products used noted and linked
- Telling people to buy through your link :-)
- Press Releases
- Social Bookmarking - Digg, StumbleUpon, Reddit, etc. Here's an article on Social Media Linking websites
- Include your URL in your signature - in emails, forum posts, list serv emails, etc.
- Optimize your site for search engine - Useful, motivating, content-rich and keyword-rich website which search engines will pick. Linking to other sites will help improve the ranking of your site. One way links are more important that reciprocal links.
What has low return?
Simply linking to a blog roll or just throwing in the link with a bunch of other sites. No one seems to click or even notice these links anymore.
Affiliate Banner Pack
Use our handy new Affiliate Banner Pack images to link to our site!
Product content and Logos/box shots
You are free to use pretty much any content on our site that was provided by our vendors. This includes anything from product pages and vendor pages.