A whole new way to animate!
A powerful and intuitive new way to add motion to your design. An endless array of animations are just a few clicks away.
MotionMonkey Key features
- Creates a wide range of animations of your layered design based on parameters entered into the control panel.
- Random or custom settings create animated variations from mild to wild.
- Works with most layers including text, stills, video, pre-comps, solids, shapes, .ai, .psd, nulls and parented layers.
- Motion Mixer option adds additional variation and complexity to animations.
- Multiple interpolations, speeds and intensities allow for a wide range of moods, from subtle to energetic.
- Kuler support allows for Kuler color palettes to be easily imported.
- Free: Includes MonkeyTools- an ongoing collection of utilities specifically written to enhance the functionality of the Monkey Suite.
Whats the difference between Monkeys?
TypeMonkey has a unique algorithm that simulates a “2D staircase” design that is popular in kinetic typography. Our best selling product.
CircusMonkey creates and animates type. It specializes in complex 3D text layouts using 7 different algorithms that can be adjusted via effects controls after the build.
LayerMonkey uses the same layout algorithm as TypeMonkey, but it works with any type of layer – video, pre-comps, graphics, whatever. However, it won’t generate text like CircusMonkey or TypeMonkey. Text has to be prepared manually in Illustrator, Photoshop.
MotionMonkey is a whole other animal. It has a much more complex and versatile animation system then the others, but it doesn’t create a layout, text or generate an animated camera like the others. It’s ideal for layered artwork where the layout has already been designed.
MonkeyCam Pro Is a more powerful version of the camera thats included in most of the others. Its a standalone product but can also be used in conjuntion with any of the other monkeys.
MonkeyBars specializes in creating text box animations, the kind used in viral videos, info graphics, lower third supers, and subtitles. Great if you do high volume work.
ShapeMonkey is a fast and intuitive way to automatically create shape-based animations in After Effects.
Which is best? Well, that depends on your project. All the Monkeys are designed for everyone from a beginner to an experienced professional in mind. They’re powerful, dependable and intuitive with a very small learning curve. The easiest way to tell which is right for your project is to download the trial versions and play with them.
Compatible with Adobe After Effects CC 2017, CC 2015.3, CC 2015, CC 2014, CC, CS6, CS5.5
1.04 (Current version) – Nov 1, 2019
updated licensing framework
1.03 – Aug 31, 2019
updated to support macOS 10.15 Catalina
1.02 – Oct 15, 2018
Update licensing framework.
1.01 – Mar 27, 2016
Add new serialization code.
Fix randomization issue with newer versions of AE.
1.00 – Apr 2, 2014