Clever Media Management for Film Productions
Silverstack is your tool for media acquisition and professional data management. Silverstack imports and handles any kind of camera and media format. Silverstack offers a flexible way of data handling by supporting any kind of file format – including sound files, photos, any camera media and all other production documents.
Backup, Structure and Manage Your Movie Data Transparently.
Silverstack is the standard software for on-set data management in all kinds of professional film productions. A broad set of features including copying, playback, reporting and transcoding enables the user to backup, preview and prepare movie data right on the film set.
Perfect Integration with All Major Camera Formats.
All movie data can be handled the same way no matter which major camera format is used for shooting. Furthermore, all kind of clip, audio and look information is automatically
stored and structured in Silverstack’s central library. This makes it possible to directly control, trace and access all digital assets at any time.
Professional Data Management on Set
Introduce a Clear and Structured Data Management.
Silverstack enables a well structured and highly transparent management of data throughout the production process.
Film productions benefit from a neatly organized clip library that instantly connects the production team with their movie data. By ensuring that all digital assets are copied and managed securely, Silverstack ultimately prevents data loss and reduces the risk of costly errors.
Image technicians benefit from a software that equips them with the right set of powerful features for professionally handling digital assets. Footage can be instantly secured, checked for quality, and prepared for further distribution with the help of one single software tool.
Maximum Control over Shooting Data
Source material is a highly valuable asset on set. In order to securely manage and control this material, Silverstack introduces a clearly structured process for handling source material throughout production.
Copy and Backup Your Data Securely.
Silverstack copies material using common and up to date checksum methods, making sure that footage is offloaded from cameras and backed up to multiple destinations in a highly secure way. With Silverstack’s cascading copy function, you can even backup your footage to the fastest medium first, before a second copy process is automatically started to the remaining drives – all while the same level of safety is retained.
Manage Data Transparently in One Place.
Silverstack automatically stores and structures all offloaded and ingested data in its central clip library. This library is the solid foundation for a clearly arranged and transparent data management workflow. Having all digital assets organized in one place makes it easy to find, trace and mobilize all required clip, audio, and look information.
Improved Collaboration on Set and Beyond
Easily Transfer Digital Assets and Share Information with Your Team.
Silverstack offers all the flexibility you need for your specific production workflows. The powerful integration with all common third-party tools like DaVinci Resolve, AVID Media Composer and Adobe Premiere enables a seamless transfer of data and color for further review and processing. In addition, the opportunity to generate customizable clip reports with just a few clicks gives the entire production team a quick and detailed overview about all relevant production data.
Silverstack Works Well with Others
Besides a wide range of camera formats and industry standards Silverstack also integrates with lots of 3rd party applications such as:
- DaVinci Resolve
- As a central ingest and data management station Silverstack offers customized functionalities to export clips to DaVinci Resolve including ASC-CDL color metadata.
- Divergent Media Scopebox
- Silverstack integrates with ScopeBox. Add a variety of software emulations of classical video scopes like waveform and vectorscope to your setup.
Extensive Reporting Capabilities
Summarise All Media Related Information and Share It with Your Team.
Documenting and sharing the results of all data management activities represents an important part of your professional every-day responsibility. With Silverstack you can generate a variety of report types such as shooting day reports, clip reports, thumbnail reports, or volume reports. With just a few clicks, easily tailor and customize the report to the specific requirements of your production.
On-set Quality Check of Source Material
Playback and Inspect Clips Natively to Detect Image Errors Instantly.
Silverstack enables you to detect image errors directly on set, which prevents costly surprises in post production. Playback your clips natively in different resolutions and optionally monitor the image via HD-SDI to ensure that all material meets your quality expectations. Furthermore, check clipping, focus and exposure with Silverstack’s visual controls, and use Silverstack’s look management functionality for applying and adjusting colors.
Silverstack and Silverstack XT
Silverstack covers all functionality for comprehensive on-set data management. Silverstack XT extends these features by additional formats, distributed workflows and specific post features.
|Secure copy with common checksum methods
|Secure copy with common checksum methods
|Clip transfer to various 3rd party tools
|CDL and LUT grading engine
|Advanced grading features including ACES color processing
|Basic audio file handling and playback
|Advanced audio file handling, playback and manual audio sync
|Basic transcoding functionalities
|Backup to LTO/LTFS
What's new in version 6
Manage and Playback Sound Files with Metadata.
Silverstack reads extended metadata such as timecode and slate information from BWAV files and other formats, and automatically groups together track files that belong to one clip. You can playback multi-track audio clips (solo and grouped) and individually adjust level and panning for the stereo-mixdown.
In addition to that, Silverstack XT allows to manually sync audio to a video clip by setting slate markers in video and audio.
Export H.264 and Apple ProRes Files for Review.
Silverstack's transcoding engine has been improved to be much faster and also comes with new features. Choose from typical burn-in options or apply a watermark or overlay to the transcoded clips.
All transcoded clips are managed in Silverstack's library and are available to the powerful management features of Silverstack such as backup, report, or playback.
Silverstack XT also allows to create multiple, custom transcoding configurations, that can even be run simultaneously in one transcoding job.
Tons of Improvements
Workflow Support for Adobe Premiere and New Window Configurations.
Silverstack adds export of metadata to Adobe Premiere to the list of supported post production tools. Open a clip lists from Silverstack together with metadata directly in Premiere.
Silverstack comes with easy access to different window configurations, that are tailored to certain activities on set, such as management, QC, or color grading. Window configurations get all the user interface elements out of the way that are not needed and put the focus on the user's current task.
In addition Silverstack XT allows to place user interface elements such as the clip collection on a second display. For improved QC, Silverstack XT now offers a side-by-side mode of the player, that can display two clips simultaneously.
- Intel Mac
- OSX 10.12 or newer.
If your MacBook Pro is equipped with an ExpressCard/34-, CompactFlash- or SD card-slot, you can directly offload clips from any SxS, CompactFlash or SD card as they are used by following cameras: ARRI Alexa (SxS), RED and AJA Ki Pro (CompactFlash), Sony Sony F5 / F55, Canon EOS C300, Canon EOS DSLRs , Nikon DSLRs and GoPro (SD Card). Otherwise you need a suitable card reader.
You can find a list of supported formats in the article Assets in Silverstack. All formats with no specific detection will be handled as generic files. Please see the article Generic File Formats for more information.
For a realtime playback of your offloaded video files the usage of a fast hard drive as a SSD card is recommended.
Advanced Camera Support
- ARRI Alexa (.ari) **
- ARRI Alexa Mini (.mxf)
- ARRI Amira (.mxf)
- ARRI Alexa 65 (.ari) **
- ARRI Alexa LF (.ari) **
CODEX HDE ARRIRAW (.arx)
- ARRI Alexa **
- ARRI Alexa 65 **
- ARRI Alexa LF **
- Blackmagic Design URSA Mini Pro 4.6K
Canon XF Movies
- Canon C300 Mk. I & II **
- Canon C500 **
- Canon C700 and C700 FF **
- Canon C200**
Canon MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (*.mts)
Canon Cinema Raw Light (.crm)
Canon Uncompressed RAW (.rmf)
- XT Canon C700 and C700 FF
- XT Canon C300 Mk II
- Bolex D16 **
Generic Image Sequences
H.264 Quicktime Movies
- Canon DSLR **
- GoPro Hero **
- Nikon DSLR **
Kinefinity KineRAW (.krw)
- TERRA 4K/5K/6K
- KineMINI 4K
- KineMAX 6K
Panasonic DNG RAW
- Panasonic Varicam LT (with Convergent Design Odyssey7Q+)
ProRes Quicktime Movies
- AJA KiPro
- ARRI Alexa / Alexa LF **
- ARRI Alexa Mini **
- ARRI Amira **
- RED cameras **
- Panasonic Varicam **
- Sony Venice **
- Atomos Ninja and Samurai
- Codex Action Cam
- Convergent Design Odyssey
- XT Vision Research Phantom Flex/Flex4K/Miro
- RED Weapon Dragon 6K, Weapon Helium 8K S35,
- Weapon Monstro 8K VV **
- RED Raven 4.5K **
- RED Scarlet-X, Scarlet Dragon, Scarlet-W 5K **
- RED Epic-X, Epic Dragon, Epic-W 8K **
- RED One, RED One MX **
- XT Sony F5/F55/F65, Venice
X-OCN LT, ST and XT
- XT Sony F5/F55, Venice (with AXS-R7 recorder)
XT - Available only in Silverstack XT * for selected camera formats ** with audio support
What's new in version 6.5?
- Blackmagic RAW: Advanced camera support for Blackmagic RAW
- CODEX HDE ARRIRAW: Advanced camera support for Codex HDE ARRIRAW files (.arx)
Copy & Library:
- Improved Copy Speeds: Copy speed optimization for file sequences and high performance drives
- Scrubbing Through Clips: Smoother scrubbing through clips in player
- Library Sorting: New bin and folder sorting options for easier library organization
- Custom Keyboard Shortcuts: Define your individual shortcut for any action in the main menu
- Advanced Custom Crop Options: Crop to exact resolutions and offsets for fine control over transcoded clips and still exports
- New Output Format: H.264 and HEVC in MP4 container(.mp4): Transcode to H.264 and H.265 (HEVC) codecs in MP4 container (.mp4)
Reports & Still Exports:
- New Custom Naming Options for Reports and Still Frame Exports: File names for reports and still frames can now be customized with metadata wildcards
- Improved Audio Control: Improved manual audio sync control with audio waveform zoom (XT only)
- Panasonic Varicam AVC-Intra: Audio support for Panasonic Varicam AVC-Intra MXF clips
Working with LiveGrade Pro:
- Receive Metadata from LiveGrade Pro: Take over metadata from LiveGrade Pro via PFLA when matching looks
What's New in v6.4?
Copy & Verification:
- Separate Copy and Verification Jobs: Schedule separate copy and verification jobs to complete copy first and verify afterwards
- Verification States: Immediately see if any copy of a file misses verification or is defective
- Simplified Options for Standard Copy: Improved security by reducing options for default copy settings
- Identify Related Jobs: Select a job to see its dependant jobs in the jobs panel (e.g. for cascading copy or separate copy and verification jobs)
- Schedule as Next Job: Schedule new jobs to be executed at earliest possibility
- Running Jobs for Bins: Monitor in the library which bins have running jobs
- Native Video Scopes in Multiple Flavors: Waveform, histogram, vectorscope with settings (XT only)
- Support for Dynamic Lens and Camera Metadata: Extract and display dynamic metadata to reference settings per frame and in playback (XT only)
- Improved Clips Reports: Dynamic metadata is leveraged to improve reporting with metadata of first frame
- H.265/HEVC: Transcoding to H.265/HEVC (available starting from macOS 10.13)
- Tags: Enter keywords or prepare uniform favorite tags to select from
- Canon: Support for 5.9K RAW clips from Canon C700 FF (XT only)
New in Version 6.3
- Reports with Three Thumbnails: Create Clips and Thumbnails reports including three thumbnails per clip
- Linear Timecode (LTC) Support: Extract timecode information from video clips with LTC
- Direct Transfer of Audio Sync to Adobe Premiere Pro: Create synced sequences in Premiere Pro with manual audio sync information from Silverstack (XT only)
- Crop to Aspect Ratio: Crop clips to a custom aspect ratio
- Dual LTO/LTFS Backup: Backup clips to multiple LTO/LTFS drives simultaneously (XT only)
- H.264 Bitrate Options: Enter your custom bitrate or choose intended quality for transcoding to H.264
New in version 6.2:
Zeiss Lens Correction:
- Lens Data from ZEISS CP.3 XD Lenses: Lens correction data can be imported (e.g. from MasterLockit Plus), exported (e.g. to Zeiss plugin for DaVinci Resolve), and used for image filtering (XT only)
- Suspension and Reordering of Copy and Transcoding Jobs: Interrupt and reorder copy and transcoding jobs for more flexibility for scheduling and resource management
- Canon: Cinema RAW Light (.CRM) from latest Canon cameras
- Kinefinity: KineRAW (.KRW) from Kinefinity cameras
- Transcoding with LUTs and Burn-ins: Up to 30% faster transcoding compared to version 6.0
- Transcoding Speed Improvements: Improved decoding for Phantom Cine RAW and SONY RAW camera formats (XT only)
- Decoding Options: Optimized ProRes option ("reduced decoding resolution") for playback and transcoding
- Audio: Audio support for ARRIRAW in MXF container
- Looks: Easy copy and paste of looks with shortcuts
- Import: Enhanced Movie Slate import options
- Clips Table View: Easier column selection
- Metadata: Renaming of custom metadata fields
New in version 6.1:
- Project Settings Export and Import – Create your own default template and take your Silverstack setup with you to every new job or exchange it with your team.
- Canon: Uncompressed RAW from EOS C700 (.RMF)
- RED IPP2: Enabling RED Image Processing Pipeline 2 for custom looks
- Audible Frame Stepping – Hear audio while stepping through a clip.
A detailed list of all changes can be found in the Silverstack 6 changelog.
What's new in version 6
- Audio Clips: Playback and metadata for multi-track audio clips in the clip library
- Manual Audio Sync: Add audio tracks to video clips and sync by slate
- Window Configurations: Short cuts for activity-tailored user interface configurations
- 2nd-Display: Clip collection and player on second display
- Side-By-Side: Grid View with two clips side-by-side
- Speed Improvements: Accelerated transcoding to ProRes and H.264 formats
- Managed Transcodes: Transcoded files are managed in the clip library
- Overlays: Timecode burn-in and watermark
- Transcoding Configurations: Store custom configurations for transcoding jobs
- Adobe Premiere Export: Transfer of clip list with metadata
What's New in Version 5.3?
Silverstack v5.3 is a minor upgrade with extended transfer of metadata to DaVinci Resolve, loading and saving of ASC-CDLs, advanced support for additional image sequence formats and new grading functionalities:
- Streamlined Workflow:
- Improved Dailies and transfer functions: Transfer clip metadata to DaVinci Resolve (via CSV for Resolve 12.5 or later).
- Color Grading Features:
- Import/Export: Load and save ASC-CDLs, import 1D LUT files.
- ACES: Download of ACES versions and update to ACES v1.0.2.
- Quality Check Improvements:
- Image sequences: Advanced support for additional image sequence formats.
What's new in version 5.2?
Silverstack v5.2 is a minor upgrade with drive sealing, easy ingest and export to Assimilate Scratch:
- Travel Drive Sealing:
- Sealing: Seal entire volumes.
- Import: Import sealed library archives.
- Seal management: Get seal info, delete seals and re-seal drives.
- Streamlined Color Workflow:
- Improved Dailies and transfer functions: Transfer clip and color information to Assimilate Scratch (via ALE).
- Quality Check Improvements:
- Easy ingest: Easily add files to the library without copying.
What's new in version 5.1?
Silverstack v5.1 is a minor upgrade with a new ScopeBox integration, more advanced format support and support for AJA devices:
- Divergent Media: Use ScopeBox to analyse the clip assets in your library.
Advanced Support for New Formats:
- ARRI: ARRIRAW from ALEXA Mini (MXF)
- Panasonic: VRAW from VariCam 35
Extended Device Support for HD-SDI Output:
- AJA: AJA T-TAP, AJA KONA series, AJA Io series
What's new in version 5?
Silverstack v5 is a major upgrade for color grading options, look management, extended transfer and enhanced QC functionalities:
Color Grading Features:
- Typical grade controls: Choose from different grading modes and manipulate your grade interactively for each clip.
- Look Library: Store looks and manage color decisions for your entire project.
- Look integration: Grading panel support, look preview, look metadata in reports, and transcoding of clips with custom looks.
Streamlined Color Workflow:
- Look import from LiveGrade Pro: Export single or multiple looks from LiveGrade and import them into Silverstack.
- Look matching: Automatically match look metadata from LiveGrade to source clips in Silverstack.
- Improved Dailies and transfer functions: Transfer clip and color information to Dailies and NLE tools like DaVinci Resolve or Avid Media Composer.
Quality Check Improvements:
- HD-SDI output: Review your clips in full quality.
- Frame lines: Check your framing in the media player, and enable frame lines for the HD-SDI output.
A detailed list of all changes can be found in the Silverstack 5 changelog.
What's new in version 4.3.1?
- Fixed an issue where updating the library lead to loss of preferences and custom layouts
What's new in version 4.3 ?
Silverstack 4.3 is a larger update for audio support and improved look processing options:
- Audio playback: Enables playback of embedded audio from source video clips for Alexa ProRes, Amira ProRes, Canon C300, H.264 from DSLRs (Canon EOS 5D Mark II) and Sony F55 XAVC.
- Practical audio functions: Functions include metering, channel mixers and persistent channel mapping.
- Transcoding options: Flexible transcoding options for clips with audio.
Improved look processing:
- Looks from files: Conveniently apply looks from files for an integrated workflow.
- Preset LUTs: Provides accurate look control with preset LUTs for "Log" footage.
- Custom looks: Manage custom looks and apply them easily.
- Preset settings for ingest: Define format-specific default look settings for ingest.
What's new in version 4.2?
Silverstack 4.2 is a larger update with lots of improvements and support for new formats:
- Improved Offload Wizard: All offload steps are now combined in one window – offers improved overview and less clicks.
- Offload Wizard Templates (XT only): Store offload settings and destination paths in templates, and recall them easily.
- Phantom file support (XT only): Metadata extraction, thumbnails, and playback of Phantom files.
- More improvements and fixes: More than 30 additional improvements and fixes for data management, metadata, reports and various formats.
A detailed list of all changes can be found here: http://kb.pomfort.com/silverstack/change-log-for-silverstack/
What's new in version 4.1 ?
Silverstack 4.1 is a maintenance update that brings updated SDKs for various cameras and a bunch of smaller fixes. In addition to that, it includes advanced support for two new camera systems:
- AVC-Intra: Advanced camera support for Panasonic Varicam 35 up to 4K resolution.
- XAVC S: Advanced camera support for Sony a7S in Full HD.
What's new in version 4?
Silverstack 4 is a major update with focus on improved data management capabilities and now enables more integrated workflows from set to post.
Major topics of Silverstack v4:
- Overall improvement of copy speed: Includes a completely revised copy engine and the new super-fast checksum type “xxhash”
- Sony F55 / F65 RAW and ProRes XQ support: Enables playback, metadata extraction, thumbnail creation, and transcoding.
- Accelerated backup processes to LTO tapes via LTFS: Speeds up the copy and checksum verification process to LTO tapes.
- “Cascading copy” for faster processing cycles of media: Makes copy tasks more efficient by first copying to fast destinations and from there in a second run to slower drives.
- Set and Set-to-Post workflows with multiple Silverstack libraries: Imports and merges different libraries from several workstations into one master project.
- Lots of further new features: Comes with still image export, a new report type with larger thumbnails, and file verification tailored to Set-to-Post workflows.
- Best performance with large libraries: Allows optimized handling of large projects with tens of thousands of clips.
- Improved job control: Provides better overview of running and finished jobs, simplifies job abortion and error handling.
- Updated user interface: Makes the important tasks easier to perform.
What's new in version 3.4 ?
Advanced support for ARRI Amira, Alexa and Amira Looks, and minor improvements.
- Advanced ARRI Amira support: Offload, Playback, and Transcode ProRes Clips from the ARRI Amira. Looks set in the camera are automatically applied.
- Alexa Looks: Applying Alexa Looks to ProRes Alexa clips shot with look enabled.
- "Unread" jobs: Mark unread jobs automatically as read after entering the jobs view.
- Improved license migrtion: Added "recent licenses" button to license manager that shows recently used licenses.
- Reveal in Finder: Adding a reveal in finder button to the file info view.
Silverstack 3.4 is a free update for all existing customers of Silverstack v3.
New In Version 3.3
Includes ARRIRAW Real-time Playback and metadata support and a brand new Transcoding functionality to convert major camera formats to QuickTime movies
Pomfort today announced the immediate availability of Silverstack 3.3. The update includes real- time playback and metadata support of ARRI AlexaTM RAW sequences and comes with a brand new “First Look Transcoding” functionality that enables the efficient conversion of e.g. RAW sequences or other professional camera formats into QuickTime ProRes and H.264. Furthermore, the new update adds the highly requested support for playback and metadata for CinemaDNG RAW sequences.
Over 50 new features in Version 3!
- Library Storage of all Assets in one comprehensive Library
- Thumbnails for all Assets
- Access to all Assets at all times, even when offline
- File sequences Automatic detection of file sequences
- Treatment of entire file sequences as single Clips for easier management
- Ingest Detection of duplicate Clips for less confusion in post
- Management Support for camera specific metadata*
- Extraction of metadata from Clips and sidecar files (XML, ALE, etc.)*
- Search Clip search by name, metadata, user info, etc.
- Smart-folders for complex and recurring searches
- Wildcards File name creation based on Clip metadata
- Backup Multi-destination file copy
- Checksum verified copy for maximum security
- Relink Relinking of files which were moved/copied outside of Silverstack
- Offload Offload of camera storage cards
- Preservation of folder structures
- Volumes Overview of all used volumes
- Inspection of capacity, fill levels and stored files
- Unmounting of volumes without going through Finder
- Job Queue Queuing of jobs for consecutive and parallel execution of multiple jobs
- Job History Overview of all finished copy jobs
- Apple Mail like Read/Unread markers for follow-ups
- Job Status Constant access to the status of all jobs through a pervasive status display
- Instant and notable indication of success or errors for faster turnaround times
Import and Export
- Import Matching of QTake XMLs for metadata import
- Matching of MovieSlate XMLs for metadata import
- Conforming EDLs for consolidating referenced clips in a new Bin
- Export Export of FCP XMLs file with extended metadata
- Native Playback* Real-time playback of compressed media
- Comprehensive Clip timeline for quick navigation*
- Big timecode display for improved readability
- Playback via Quick Look Media Files: QuickTime, AVI, MPEG4, MP3, AAC, AIFF, WAV, JPEG, JPEG 2000, Adobe PhotoShop, TIFF, BMP
- Additional Formats: ARRI RAW, XDCAM HD, DPX and others with 3rd party Quick Look plugins
- Production Documents: PDF, HTML, RTF, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, TXT, CSV
- User Information* Support for comments, labels, ratings and flags
- Cue Points for commenting on specific frames
- In- and Out-Points for marking relevant Clip segments
- Cue Points are fully integrated into the Library search
- Display options* Separate channel display
- Black and white Clipping indicator
- Focus assist for inspecting focus on small screens
- Three Column Layout Library and info sidebar
- Hiding sidebars to focus on content (e.g. on small screens)
- Single project Reduced complexity by focusing on a single project
- Switch between projects via the dedicated project chooser
- Color Theme White on Black Color Theme
- Effective use of Silverstack in low-light conditions
Advanced Camera Support
- ProRes Quicktime Movies AJA KiPro
- ARRI Alexa
- Atomos Ninja and Samurai
- H.264 Quicktime Movies Canon DSLR
- GoPro Hero
- Nikon DSLR
- Canon XF Movies Canon C300
- Canon C500
- RED Movies Red Epic
- Red One
- XAVC MXF Movies Sony F5
- Sony F55