Accelerate your design workflow in VR
SYMMETRY is a VR workflow solution tool for architects and designers that bridges the gap between ideas and reality. Review, revise, and validate your designs and streamline your VR workflow.
Instantly view your designs in VR with no additional preparation needed.
Anybody can pick it up and get going, regardless of VR experience.
View designs as intended at 1:1 scale, allowing for more effective design reviews.
Save time and money
Minimize time spent on creative production for client presentations, and spend more time on design.
Communicate at 1:1 scale
Remove discrepancies in communication by allowing your clients to experience designs at 1:1.
An alternative to model houses and showrooms
Reduce costs considerably while utilizing 3D models to sell homes without the need for construction.
Import 3D CAD and point cloud files and view them at 1:1 scale in VR
- Import 3D CAD and point cloud models from SYMMETRY Cloud, Trimble Connect, or your local hard disk
- View designs at 1:10, 1:50, or 1:100 scale
- Immerse into your designs and experience them at 1:1 scale
- Freely move around your designs with Teleport and Fly jet
Add markups and annotation to clarify design revisions
- Visualize revision direction with ease by utilizing redline markups within VR
- Add annotations with detailed feedback to effectively communicate design revisions
- All markups and annotation can be viewed with the SYMMETRY Plugin for SketchUp
- Revision history is archived in SYMMETRY Cloud and available to all team members
Collaborate with team members and clients in real-time
- Simply import the same file and immerse into your design with up to 10 people remotely
- Each collaborator has an avatar and a name for easy identification
- Layers, daylight settings and markup are shared between members in real-time
Verify design revisions and workflow checkpoints from within VR and accelerate the validation process
- Set workflow checkpoints and view them with the SYMMETRY Plugin for SketchUp or from the SYMMETRY Cloud interface
- Accelerate validation process by verifying designs while reviewing at 1:1 in VR
- Status changes to design patterns can be viewed and amended within SketchUp, allowing for improved workflow
Import point cloud files (*.las or *.laz) into SYMMETRY and view them at 1:1 scale with proposed designs
- Import point cloud files (*.las or *.laz) into SYMMETRY and view them at any scale from 1:1 to 1:1000
- Quickly move through massive point cloud models with the Fly jet
- Change point cloud settings including point size and shape
- Import a 3D CAD model over the point cloud model to simulate proposed designs
- Move 3D CAD models within VR with the Grab and Extended grab tools to simulate proposed designs in various positions
The SYMMETRY Plugin for SketchUp allows users to view markups and change review status within SketchUp
- View Redline Markups on-location in 3D CAD model within SketchUp
- Review annotation feedback within SketchUp
- Update review status to reflect revisions
- Workflow is improved because all revision directions using markups and annotation given in VR are reflected in SketchUp model as well as in VR
The SYMMETRY Cloud holds SketchUp models and syncs revision direction and history between team members within SketchUp and VR
- Create projects, upload SketchUp models and assign team members
- View all history including revision notes and validations within SketchUp
- View all revision history in the SYMMETRY Cloud web browser (coming soon in Q4 2018)
- Sync SketchUp model between SketchUp and VR application
- Append all revision notes including markups, annotations and validations to 3D CAD model for viewing in SketchUp and VR
- Sync revisions to SketchUp model for quick import into VR
SketchUp 2017, 2018, 2019 - SYMMETRY currently supports SketchUp .skp along with .las and .laz filetypes with plans to support additional filetypes in the near future.
SYMMETRY currently supports the HTC Vive and Vive Pro along with Windows Mixed Reality headsets.
- Intel™ Core™ i7-6700
- *equivalent or better
- NVIDIA GeForce™ GTX 1080
- NVIDIA Quadro ®P5000
- *equivalent or better
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft EDGE
- Firefox (latest version)
- HTC Vive
- HTC Vive Pro
- Windows Mixed Reality
- an internet connection for installation and activation
Supported file type
- SketchUp *.skp, *.las, *.laz
Supported SketchUp version
- SketchUp Pro 2017, 2018, 2019
Supported SU Podium version
SYMMETRY Version 1.2 — Release Notes
SYMMETRY version 1.2 includes additions to online collaboration functionality that allows users to more effectively present and communicate within VR along with support for SketchUp 2019.
Invite collaborators to gather around your position in SYMMETRY VR with the click of a button. Very useful when working with multiple users in a large model.
View a list of users and teleport to their location in SYMMETRY VR.
Use a laser pointer to point out areas of interest to other users in SYMMETRY VR. A small but highly requested feature.
SketchUp 2019 support
SYMMETRY version 1.2 includes support for importing files into VR from SketchUp 2019 along with the SYMMETRY Plugin for SketchUp.
We’ve revised the user interface in SYMMETRY VR to aid in the usage of daylight and measure functionality.