Toolfarm Affiliate Guidelines
Thanks for being a Toolfarm Affiliate. Here are some guidelines and tips. If you have questions, please email Michele.
- How to become an affiliate
- Benefits of being an affiliate
- How to add links
- Where and how to post links for the best exposure/sales (social media)
- Logo and content use
How to become an affiliate
We have a variety of sites or even just people that are very active on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook are affiliated. We will not take just anyone! We’re looking for artists who are passionate about using tools and creating content using the tools. If you’re interested in becoming a Toolfarm affiliate, please apply here. Send questions to Michele Terpstra. Thanks!
Please note: We do not accept coupon sites or affiliate marketers as affiliates.
Benefits of being an affiliate
- Money! Affiliates earn 5% of all sales that come through a link from your website or social media account.
- Associate yourself with Toolfarm! We have a very good reputation in the industry and we are nice people to know. 🙂
- We will share your content! Got a great tutorial or freebie on your site? Let us know and we’ll put it on our blog.
Payment goes out on the first of the month via Paypal so we will need the email for your Paypal account if you are a registered affiliate.
We have a monthly, sometimes more frequent, newsletter for our affiliates that has info on upcoming and current sales and items that are most profitable to promote. We also offer special coupon codes for affiliates only that you can promote to your customers.
How to add links
Visit How to Add Affiliate Links in our FAQ
What brings in Affiliate sales? (social media)
- Social Networking – Feel free to use links on websites, newsletters, listservs, Facebook, Twitter, etc. We have no limits and anywhere is good advertising for us! Bit.ly and TinyURL will not harm your tracking link.
- Articles, Tutorials, and Reviews – Offer some free tips and tools on your site; make your visitors want to come back to your site. Write and distribute tutorials and product reviews with links to products. This strategy extremely essential, and it is a cost-effective way to market your affiliate program.
- Forum Comments
- Blog Post – about new releases or samples of work with products used noted and linked
- Telling people to buy through your link 🙂
- Press Releases
- Social Bookmarking – Digg, StumbleUpon, Reddit, etc. Here’s an article on Social Media Linking websites
- Include your URL in your signature – in emails, forum posts, listserv emails, etc.
- Optimize your site for search engines – Useful, motivating, content-rich, and keyword-rich websites that search engines will pick. Linking to other sites will help improve the ranking of your site. One-way links are more important than reciprocal links.
What has a low return?
Simply linking to a blog roll or just throwing in the link with a bunch of other sites. No one seems to click or even notice these links anymore.
Logo and content use
Affiliate Banner Pack
Use our handy new Affiliate Banner Pack images to link to our site!
Product content and logos/box shots
You are free to use pretty much any content on our site that was provided by our vendors. This includes anything from product pages and vendor pages.