News: Introducing the new Adobe After Effects CC (Updated 5/7/2013)
Steve Forde and Todd Kopriva from Adobe gives the breakdown on the new After Effects CC.
Video added: May 7, 2013
Today was the first day of AdobeMAX, and if you saw the live stream from the event or followed our live updates, you may know most of these things.
Here are the stuff you really need to know about Adobe CC in general.
- Creative Cloud is rebranded Adobe CC. After Effects will be called After Effects CC.
- Perpetual licensing (the system you're used to with buying a single license or a bundle and then upgrading it) is a thing of the past. Everything will be cloud based from now on.
- CS6 will still be available.
- Adobe CC is going to include all of the Adobe software and a bunch of new tools too.
From Todd's article, here are the top new features in After Effects CC (12.0)
- CINEMA 4D Lite and live 3D pipeline between CINEMA 4D and After Effects (details here)
- Refine Edge tool, Roto Brush & Refine Edge effect, and Refine Soft Matte effect
- Warp Stabilizer VFX, improvements to the Warp Stabilizer effect
- improvements to the 3D Camera Tracker effect
- ability to find instances of missing fonts, effects, and footage
- snapping to layer features, including anchor points and masks
- bicubic resampling
- Pixel Motion Blur effect
Todd goes into much more detail but that is the gist.
- Adobe Creative Cloud for Teams – Promotional pricing available.
- News: Live Updates of Adobe MAX 2013 Updates #AdobeMAX
- FAQ: Adobe Creative Cloud for Teams and Common Questions
Posted by Michele Yamazaki