Update: Blackmagic Fusion 8.2 and DaVinci Resolve 12.5.2 are now available
The DaVinci Resolve update adds support for additional URSA Mini camera metadata, Fusion Connect on Linux and more, while the Fusion update adds Linux support, allowing inter-operability across multiple operating systems and platforms.
DaVinci Resolve combines professional non-linear video editing with the world’s most advanced color corrector so now you can edit, color correct, finish and deliver all from one system!
DaVinci Resolve 12.5.2 features support for additional URSA Mini camera metadata, color space tags on QuickTime export, Fusion Connect for Linux, advanced filtering options and more.
DaVinci Resolve 12.5.2 update adds support for additional metadata that is embedded into RAW files from URSA Mini cameras running the new URSA Mini camera operating software. The new software gives URSA Mini customers a completely new “slate” that uses tap and swipe gestures along with predictive data entry and a dictionary of commonly used shooting terminology to make entering metadata faster than ever before. This means customers using URSA Mini with DaVinci Resolve 12.5.2 can now take advantage of this new metadata to organize footage, create smart bins, filter clips and more when editing and color correcting.
Read full press release here: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/release/20160909-07
Blackmagic Fusion Studio
Fusion is the world’s most advanced compositing software for visual effects artists, broadcast and motion graphic designers and 3D animators.
Fusion 8 is a VFX compositing and motion graphics application. This version is a major update of Fusion to operate on, and allow interoperability across, multiple operating systems and platforms.
- Fusion Studio for Linux
- Fusion Render Node for Linux
- UI and workflow improvements
- General performance and stability improvements
- Improved DNG support: Resolve matching
- Double click in the empty area of comp tabs to create a new comp
New animation indicator shortcuts:
- double-click to animate, or set key if already animated
- ctrl/cmd+double-click to add expression
- shift+double-click to remove modifiers/expressions
- Can now add expressions to non-master colour wheel inputs. The expression edits will only be visible for the currently active wheel range (ie. master, low, mid, high).
- Changed default font for Text+ and Text3D to Open Sans, for platform consistency
- Can now specify multiple license servers (semicolon-separated) in FUSION_LICENSE_SERVER env var, * to scan local subnet (8.1)
- Added Global Options/Background Color options to image view's menu
- Added Save Version to the File menu
- Can now set Gamut control custom values with a context menu
- Can turn off image view description/RoI/DoD labels.
- F1 brings up the PDF help files, with context awareness where possible
- New Hotkey Manager
See the full release notes here.
Posted by Kim Sternisha