v1.0.1 FxFactory Caption Converter
$199.00 From $189.05
Download demos and trial versions, product documentation, free presets and more.
You may download a free Trial after logging in.
Convert, edit and translate captions!
Convert, edit and translate captions and subtitles stored inside SubRip (SRT), iTunes Timed Text (iTT), WebVTT (VTT), SubViewer (SUB), Adobe Encore Text Script, and Adobe Premiere Pro Markers files.
Caption Converter Loves Final Cut Pro
- The easiest way to convert SubRip (SRT) and WebVTT (VTT) files to iTunes Timed Text (iTT), one of the two caption formats natively supported by Final Cut Pro.
- The easiest way to convert the iTunes Timed Text (iTT) files exported by Final Cut Pro to SubRip (SRT) and WebVTT (VTT) for web video platforms like Facebook or YouTube.
What’s Caption Converter?
Caption Converter is an app for macOS that lets you import, export, edit and translate caption and subtitle information in the following formats: iTunes Timed Text (iTT), WebVTT (VTT), SubRip (SRT), SubViewer (SUB), Adobe Encore Script and Adobe Premiere Pro Markers (CSV).
- Automatic detection of file format and text encoding to handle files created on Windows. Import text style and caption alignment information from iTT, SRT and WebVTT files.
- Export files for multiple languages and/or multiple frame rates from a single document. Selectively omit markup information during export operations when unsupported by the destination device or web video service. Easily output files that are compatible with Facebook and YouTube.
- View two languages side by side. Select a caption in one language to jump to its equivalent captions in the other language.
- Incorrect or overlapping timecodes are detected automatically, helping you identify and fix mistakes in your input data.
- Filter captions by keywords or timecodes. Enter a timecode to search for all captions near that time.
- Split and join captions in one click to quickly ensure compliance with any destination video platform.
- Import, export and change markup supported by iTunes Timed Text (iTT), SubRip (SRT) and WebVTT (VTT).
Why Caption Converter?
Anyone who has worked with captions and subtitles knows that the industry has no shortage of file formats. Some are popular because they are extremely simple (e.g. SRT) but they provide little in terms of context and style information. One can theoretically use a simple text editor to generate and modify captions but the lack of error detection makes it possible to enter invalid timecodes with no warning. Importing or exporting files with the wrong encoding can turn legible text into garbage.
Caption Converter introduces a better way to work with static captions. Spot and fix problems easily. Edit, search, translate and style your captions in multiple languages. Import and export captions in a variety of popular formats.
- Better Importing. Automatic detection of file format and text encoding to handle files created on Windows.
- Better Exporting. Quickly export files for multiple languages and/or multiple frame rates from a single document. Exclude markup information from individual export operations when text formatting is unsupported by the destination device or web video platform.
- Better Translation. Compare two languages by viewing them side by side. Select a caption in one language to jump to all matching captions in the second language.
- Better Error Detection. Overlapping captions are detected automatically, helping you identify and fix mistakes in your input data.
- Better Editing. Filter captions by keywords. Enter a timecode to search for all captions near that time. Split and join captions. Assign basic text styles that are supported by popular format like iTunes Timed Text and WebVTT.
- Better Storage. Captions are stored in a new container file format that supports multiple versions of your captions in different languages.
Search for Text or Timecodes
Display all captions that contain the given text, or enter a timecode to display all captions near that time.
Detect and Fix Timing Problems
Caption Converter automatically detects when two or more captions are set to appear simultaneously during playback. These timings conflicts are highlighted in the user interface:
When the imported data contains multiple conflicts, you can ask Caption Converter to display only captions that have pending issues to be resolved. The user interface lets you quickly jump to the previous or next caption with problems, minimizing the time you spend fixing them.
Load captions in one language on the right, write the translation on the left:
Click on a caption in one language to jump to its nearest equivalent in the other language. Quickly identify the captions that match a given timecode and verify the quality of the translation.
Apply text styles to multiple captions at once, or only to select words inside a caption. A familiar user interface lets you perform both tasks intuitively:
Caption Converter automatically imports markup (text style and formatting) from file formats that support it. You always have the option to skip or include style information during export for the best compatibility with popular web video platforms such as Facebook and YouTube.
At this time, Caption Converter only supports non-overlapping, static text captions. It does not let you edit or create captions designed to appear simultaneously at different locations within the frame, or continuous (roll-on) captions. The text style, colors, and alignment information is not supported by all file formats. Please refer to the user guide included with Caption Converter for more info.
When using the trial version of Caption Converter, only the first 10 captions in a language will be exported. Purchase Caption Converter to unlock the full version and remove this restriction.
This product requires Noise Industries FxFactory 7.0.4 to run (Free download).
Please refer to the FxFactory page for updated system requirements. FxFactory Pro is a paid version with the same system requirements as the free version.
Please Note: This product works in Final Cut Pro X (10.3 or later) and Premiere Pro CC 2015 and higher.
In Depth: Create Subtitles and Captions for Your Videos (Updated!)
Create subtitles and closed-captioning to help your video gain reach and appeal to a wider audience on broadcast and streaming videos.More...
Installing FxFactory Plug-ins
Have you just purchased a license for a plug-in that uses the FxFactory engine? Here's how to download, install and register the plug-in.More...
FxFactory Caption Converter Tutorial
Learn how to use Caption Converter to convert, edit and translate captions and subtitles.More...