2 Krotos Audio Concept
A simply powerful, yet powerfully simple synth
Concept 2 is everything you want in a modern synth plugin, beautiful sounds without the complexity of operation found in many other synths.
Your time is valuable, and so we wanted to give you access to a rich sound design palette without having to spend time learning how to use it. With Concept 2, you can get lost in the music, not the manual.
New Features At A Glance
- Granular oscillator
- Advanced shape modulator
- Over 700 presets.
- Added and improved impulse responses
- Workflow improvements
Designed For Music Creators, Not Coders
We designed Concept 2 for musicians, producers, composers, sound designers, post-production professionals who want to create sounds fast. Here are just some of the highlights of the benefits of creating sounds with Concept 2.
It’s all about the sound
With tons of great-sounding presets from top artists, including Roni Size, Richard Devine, and Kayla Painter, there’s every chance you’ll find a sound that works right out of the box. Cinematic lush pads, organic soundscapes, stirring strings, killer bass synths, screaming leads and more.
Presets Are Just The Start
Presets are a great starting point, but Concept 2 gives you access to almost limitless routing parameters to shape the sound. Use multiple sound sources, or load your own samples into the granular engine and combine with conventional oscillators.
Sound Manipulation Done Right
Routing and controlling modulation is a breeze in Concept 2, it’s as easy as dragging and dropping the connections; the creative colour coding means you can see modulation sources at a glance.
An Effects Powerhouse
When it comes to effects, then Concept 2 is no slouch.
With three slots and multiple effects, including; convolution reverb, delay and compressors, you can add even more dimension to your sound design. You can even filter stack and have multiple filters applied to the sound with multiple modulation sources applied.
- Roni Size (Reprazent, Universal)
- Richard Devine (Google, Warp Records)
- Kayla Painter (Brownswood Recordings)
- Dom Ruckspin (Submotion Orchestra, Ninja Tune, EMI)
- Hieroglyphic Being
- Alex Retsis (Native Instruments, Pro Sound Effects, Glitchmachines)
- Jim Stout (Roland, Carma Studio, Beatport Sounds)
Krotos Audio Concept Demos
In addition, check out Krotos Audio Simple Concept.
- Mac Intel computer with a minimum of 2.4 GHz Intel Dual Core Processor
- 4 GB of RAM
- OS X 10.11 or later
- 2.4 GHz Intel Dual Core Processor
- 4 GB of RAM
- Windows 10 1909 and newer
- This product does not require iLok
- This product comes with 2 activations
- This software is a digital download
- Formats (64-bit only): VST, VST3, AU, AAX Native
- An internet connection is required at the time of activation
- Supported host applications: Ableton Live 10 and above,FL Studio 20.7.1 and above, Reason 10 and above, Pro Tools 11 and above, Logic Pro X, Nuendo 8.2.10 or above, Cubase 10 and above, Reaper, Studio One
- Audio Input is not supported on FL Studio or Studio One
What’s new in Concept 2?
- New granular oscillator
- New Advanced shape modulator
- New Over 700 presets. Including artist presets from Roni Size, Richard Devine and Kayla Painter.
- New Added and improved impulse responses
- New Workflow improvements
- XY capture
- Audio Input
- Drag and drop modulation routing
- Three effects slots with 10 effects, including; convolution reverb, delay, flanger/chorus, filter, EQ, ring mod, limiter, transient shaper, and compressors.
New Filters, Drag & Drop FX Reordering, Added Presets, MIDI Learn and a new lower price!
New Filter types added
(Formant, 12db High Pass, 12db Low Pass, 24db Bandpass, 12db Bandpass)
Extend your creative palette with filters that mimic the human voice (Formant) or give you more control over shaping your sound. The new additions to the Ladder Filter (for High Pass, Low Pass and Bandpass) are all equipped with Drive, to push those aggressive synth sounds even further. Remember that these new filter types can also be used in the ‘Filter’ in the FX rack, giving you up to 4 filters run in series or parallel!
FX Rack Reordering with drag and drop
Simply grab the ‘double headed arrow’ in the corner of any FX rack, and drag upwards or downwards to change the routing of your FX on the fly! This is a fantastic way to explore Concept’s in-built FX and can produce some exciting and unexpected results at high speed.
Midi Learn added
Simply right click on any parameter and assign it to your MIDI controller from within Concept. You can also save and recall these mappings from the Menu. MIDI mappings are saved across presets and in your session, improving speed and flexibility of work.
Active/inactive states in Oscillator and FX rack UIs for improved workflow
Now it’s easier than ever to track what is happening in Concept. Any inactive section of the plugin (including all Oscillators and FX) will ‘grey out’, so you can quickly see at a glance what is affecting your sound.
To coincide with the Simple Concept launch, we’re pleased to introduce the first update to Concept: Alongside 55 additional new presets, including a collection by Matteo Milani (Unidentified Sound Object), Concept has been given a color-refresh with an all-new optional dark mode.
- ‘Dark Mode’ User Interface option
- 55 New Presets by Matteo Milani (Unidentified Sound Object) and the Krotos Sound Team
- Software improvements
Made with Concept 2: Create Tension for a Sci-Fi Scene
Krotos Audio products are made for sound design, and Concept 2 is the perfect tool to create tension for a sci-fi scene.More...
In Depth: Creating Space - A Galaxy of Resources for your Epic Space Film (Updated!)
Space, the final frontier! Learn to create stars, galaxies, moons, and more for your next space-themed film or science fiction short.More...
How To Create a Hair-Raising Soundscape This Halloween
Alessandro Mastroianni shows you how to create a Hair-Raising Soundscape for your horror film using Krotos Audio Dehumanizer 2 and Concept 2.More...
Made with Concept 2 – Earth from Space Station
Krotos Audio Concept 2 was used to create an amazing piece of atmospheric music quickly. Watch part one to hear the piece, and then in part 2 Matthew Collings, Head of Product at Krotos, demonstrates how it was done.More...
Krotos Audio Concept Walkthrough #gettingstarted
Learn all you need to know about Krotos Audio's new soft synth Concept and it's features with this walkthrough.More...