v15.x Telestream Wirecast Pro
Upgrade From $200.00
Download demos and trial versions, product documentation, free presets and more.
You may download a free Demo after logging in.
Professional live streaming software for everyone.
Wirecast professional live video streaming and production studio software let you create a high-quality live-streaming video in minutes, great for YouTube live streaming, live sports streaming, Facebook live streaming, and so much more.
Capture any media.
Create memorable live video broadcasts on Mac or Windows, using:
Unlimited live camera inputs (iOS, NDI, HDMI, SDI, IP)
Live guests, PPT slides, screensharing, and web feeds
Support special exhibitions.
General admission and member discounts for two adults
Four free tickets per special exhibition
Four single-use guest passes per year
Take support to the next level.
General admission and member discounts for two adults
Five free tickets per special exhibition
Six single-use guest passes per year
Includes features such as:
- Unlimited Capture
- Unlimited inputs
- 2 remote guests via Wirecast Rendezvous conferencing
- Enhanced Production
- 4096 x 3072 maximum project and encoding resolution
- 5 Master Mixing layers
- NEW! Built-in, animated lower thirds title library
- Integrated text, titles, chroma key and built-in transitions
- Custom transitions, playlists
- Advanced audio mixer
- Social media integration
- Integrated Stock Media Library
- Unlimited Destination Outputs
- Unlimited output destinations + multiple simultaneous record-to-disks
- Virtual camera and microphone output
- 1-4 slot multi-viewer output
- Free Email Support & upgrades for a year with Wirecast Insider Access.
Includes all features of Wirecast Studio, plus:
- Advanced Unlimited Capture
- 7 remote guests via Wirecast Rendezvous conferencing
- Advanced Production
- PTZ Camera Control
- Pro Audio FX
- Sports Production (instant replay, scoreboards)
- Virtual Sets and backgrounds
- Advanced Unlimited Destination Outputs
- Adds baseband SDI/HDMI output, NDI program out
- 1-17 slot multi-viewer output
- ISO Record of individual sources
- Multi-track audio recording
- Free Email Support & upgrades for a year with Wirecast Insider Access.
Which Wirecast product do you need?
Take a deep dive using the product comparison chart on the Details tab.
Stream live? Wirecast has you covered.
Engage and expand your remote congregation with live streams of your services and events. Reach out and touch more people.
Live stream graduations, award ceremonies, student news and sports, guest lectures, and classroom lessons to your community. Wirecast is used at every level of education.
Capture the action! Use Wirecast’s professional features like clocks, scoreboards and instant Replay to bring your audience to the game.
Live Event Production
Live stream conferences, concerts, interviews and more. Wirecast provides everything you need to stream professional live events.
Television, Radio & News Broadcasters
Stream your programming to OTT and social platforms or augment your premium content with second-screen live and interactive offerings.
Digital Marketing & Social Media
Wirecast is the perfect live video marketing tool. Engage real-time with customers, fans and prospects using Wirecast’s native integrations with Facebook Live, Twitter, Periscope, YouTube and more.
Easy to use features
Cameras, microphones, webcams, IP cams, or use our free wireless camera app for iOS.
Desktop, NDI & Web Capture
Capture a variety of IP sources or anything on your computer screen or other computers. Automatically detect NDI sources. Built-in web-browser can display live web pages.
Multi-channel audio ingest, support for ASIO, WASAPI, and CoreAudio compatible devices. Mix up to 8 independent audio tracks, and add FX and processing.
Use Elgato Stream Deck with Wirecast with our new plugin. And check out the X-keys controller for Wirecast Mac or Windows.
Conferencing & Remote Production
Rendezvous peer-to-peer conferencing comes built-in to Wirecast. Send guests a link to join your live broadcast.
Stock Media Library
Access to over 500,000 unique media assets directly in Wirecast. The Stock Media Library has videos, music, lower thirds, backgrounds, and more. Included with an active support subscription.
Replay, Scoreboards, Clocks & Timers
Great for sports producers. Wirecast has professional features that let your live viewers follow the action at the moment, and never miss an important play.
Social Media Comments
Built-in Twitter comment curation and display. Display Facebook comments in animated titles using NewBlue Titler Live Express or NewBlue Titler Live Social.
Graphics and Titles
New! Built-in Animated Title Library. Add even more graphics and titles with the integrated Stock Media Library videos and images.
Chroma Key, QR Codes, and Playlists
Packed full of features to make every broadcast as professional as you need it to be.
Stream to Facebook Live, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo Live, or ANY RTMP destination. Not only that, stream to more than one at a time.
Stream & Record
Stream and record at the same time. Great for archiving or off-line editing, record MP4 or MOV files to any drive.
Send single sources, all the way up to a 17 source grid, out per attached monitor. Great for confidence monitoring and a quick look at all your sources!
Archive each live video input to a clean, unmodified file, separate from your composited program recording. Great for post-production workflows, and each ISO can be used as a live instant replay source!
Expanded Output Options
Send program feed out via NDI, or baseband SDI/HDMI (via Blackmagic or AJA cards). Also use Virtual Camera and Microphone out, or 1-17 slot Multiviewer.
Which Wirecast is for you?
Wirecast Studio is the perfect all-around streaming tool. With unlimited inputs, unlimited destinations, 2 simultaneous video conferencing guests with Wirecast Rendezvous, and an integrated Stock Media Library, there is no better way to produce your live videos.
Who is Wirecast Studio for?
Church services, corporate communications, online learning, news broadcasting, live events broadcasting…the list goes on. No matter the content you are producing, if you are looking for dynamic, polished, and professional live streams, Wirecast Studio is for you.
Wirecast Pro is the top-of-the-line Wirecast offering. Designed with the most dedicated streamers in mind, Pro has all the features of Studio plus expanded inputs and audio capabilities, 7 simultaneous Wirecast Rendezvous guests, 3D virtual sets, PTZ camera control, and much more.
Who is Wirecast Pro for?
If you want the best of the best and have all the top tech already, Wirecast Pro is for you. From local sports games to worldwide, full production broadcasts, Wirecast Pro is the perfect partner for producing the best live streams around.
Still not sure which Wirecast product you need?
Take a deep dive using the product comparison chart on the Details tab.
Telestream Wirecast Comparison Chart
|Features||Wirecast Studio||Wirecast Pro|
|Capturing & Adding Sources|
|Support for multiple video capture & live inputs simultaneously (USB, Capture Card, NDI, Wirecast Go, Webstream IP sources)||No limit²||No limit²|
|Works with UVC, Directshow, and AVFoundation capture cards and devices (e.g. Epiphan)|
|Advanced integration with capture cards from Blackmagic, Magewell and AJA|
|Wi-Fi iOS sources with Wirecast Go |
|IP cameras and web stream input (RTMP, MMS, HTTP, RTSP, HLS, MPEG-Dash and UDP) |
|Add additional media: audio, video, graphics |
|Screen capture |
|Web page display and capture |
|ASIO Professional Windows Audio support |
|Multi-channel audio ingest|
|Remote Desktop Presenter|
|Wirecast Rendezvous: remote live guests and production |
Rendezvous Chat: enables behind-the-scenes messaging between hosts/guests
| Two guests ||Seven guests|
|Teradek StreamReader plug-in (Cube 100/150/200/250, Clip, Sputnik)|
|Production||Wirecast Studio||Wirecast Pro|
|Main Mixing Layers||Five||Five|
|Unlimited Shots per Master Mixing Layer (Up to 50 layers/sources per shot)2, 3 |
|New! Shot Templates and Placeholders|
|Audio & video sync |
|Chromakey (with Luma Key and Color Key)|
|Clocks, timers, and stopwatches |
|Image Filters (Mattes)|
|Integrated Facebook Polling |
|New! Built-in Animated Titles and Lower Thirds Library|
|Live viewer counts (Facebook, YouTube, and Twitch) |
|Multi-channel audio ingest|
|Image carousels |
|23 beautiful transitions included |
|Integrated Twitter comments, curation, and display|
|Custom Transitions |
|Stock Media Library (Included with an active Wirecast Access Plan)|
Access to over 500,000 unique media assets directly in Wirecast. The Stock Media Library has royalty free videos, music, lower thirds, backgrounds and more.
|Advanced audio mixer|
|X-keys for Wirecast ($659.95)|
Custom-designed USB control surface
|Basic Manual Score Boards |
|Pro Audio FX Built In |
|Advanced Rendezvous Guest Audio Mixing |
|Built-in PTZ Controller for Robotic Cameras (VISCA over IP) |
|Virtual sets and backgrounds||Three sets included|
|Beautiful 3D virtual sets from Virtualsetworks ($329/6-pack)||Sold Separately|
|Output & Streaming||Wirecast Studio||Wirecast Pro|
|Built-in destinations: Periscope/Twitter, Brightcove, Facebook, YouTube, DaCast, Akamai, Wowza, Microsoft Azure, and more…||Unlimited destinations||Unlimited destinations|
|GPU-accelerated encoding (requires Intel or Nvidia GPU) |
|RTMP, RTP multi + unicast |
|Record to disk (MP4, MOV) |
|Facebook Live: groups, 24/7 ambient streaming, paired encoding, geo and sponsor tagging, live cross-posting|
|Virtual Camera and Microphone output |
|Monitor output data and statistics |
|Multiple Simultaneous Record-to-Disk outputs|
|New! Secondary Display Output|
|ISO Record individual sources |
|Program feed output (AJA and Blackmagic cards) |
|NDI™ output |
|Send Multiple Streams with differing languages or audio tracks |
|Multi-track audio recording|
|WIRECAST Access Plans||Wirecast Studio||Wirecast Pro|
|Wirecast Insider Access ($99/year)¹|
As a Wirecast Insider, you'll get FREE Wirecast software updates & upgrades for an entire year, access to the Stock Media Library and an 8 business hour email response time to your support questions.
|Wirecast Premium Access ($299/year)|
With Wirecast Premium Access, you'll get everything in the Wirecast Insider Access Plan along with a fast pass to speak with a member of our customer support team. We provide you with unlimited phone support, a 4 business hour response time and priority over all other open support cases. You will also be eligible for Remote Access Services (RAS) — a fast and secure method of allowing a support technician to access your computer, identify the issue and resolve it quickly.
|Add Wirecast Premium Access for $299/yr||Add Wirecast Premium Access for $299/yr|
|¹1st year Insider Access included in the purchase of Wirecast Studio and Wirecast Pro. Renew yearly for $99.|
²Only limited by system performance.
³Each Main Layer allows for one active shot. | 5 Active Main layers x 50 Sources per shot = Up to 250 Simultaneous Sources/Layers.
Why you should upgrade to the latest version of Wirecast
New Animated Title Library: An integrated lower third and full-screen title library with animations. The library is free and customizable Watch a short video about the Wirecast Animated Title Library.
New Media Playback controls: Now, you can control the playback of media clips even when they are live. You can play, pause, and scrub through videos so you can add live commentary, or review content as part of your broadcast.
New Secondary Display Live Output Audio mapping: More flexibility to route specific audio tracks when sending a program out via a Secondary Display.
Also, we continue to upgrade our integrations and technology, including an update to NDI® 5, the Facebook API (v10) and WebRTC (to 4430, which is used by Rendezvous).
Note: Wirecast 14.x is only supported on macOS Mojave 10.14 and higher
|Operating System||Windows 10 version 1809 or higher,|
macOS Mojave 10.14 or higher
|Windows 10 version 2004,|
macOS Big Sur 11
|Processor||i5 dual-core @ 2.3GHz1, 6th generation2 or higher, Apple M1 Gen1||i7 quad-core @ 2.8GHz+, 6th generation2 or higher, Apple M1 Gen1|
|Memory||4GB RAM||16GB+ RAM|
|Hard Drive||2GB3, 7200 RPM for record to disk||500GB+, Solid State OS Drive|
|Graphics Card||Intel HD4, DirectX 11 capable||Nvidia GeForce or AMD Radeon, 1GB+ video memory|
|Internet Connectivity||You may want to check that the following ports are open for traffic on your network: 80 (HTTP/HTTPS), 443 (SSL), 1935 (RTMP), 2935 (RTMPS), 5353 (mDNS for NDI sources), 5960-59xx (NDI port range, 1 port per each NDI source in use), 7272 (Remote Desktop Presenter), 50000-60000 (WebRTC/Rendezvous – selected at random). If you are behind a firewall, check with your streaming destination for any sites you may need to whitelist.Presenter|
|1 May be insufficient for 1080p+ or 60 fps workflows.|
2 How to check the generation of your Intel processor
3 Additional hard disk space required for record to disk.
4 Insufficient for advanced Multi-Viewer workflows.
- An internet connection is recommended for Wirecast 14 license activation.
- As long as your Wirecast (version 8 or higher) license is entered into the software and your Wirecast Access Plan is active, you will be allowed to upgrade to the latest unlocked version of Wirecast for free.
- View full upgrade information
- Remote Desktop Presenter – Please use the Remote Desktop Presenter version 2.0.8, available as a separate download from Telestream: www.telestream.net/dtp.
- PLEASE NOTE: Wirecast 9 and later versions have dropped support of HDV licenses/cameras.
Please click here for additional information.
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Chinese (Simplified)
Minimum Required Upload Speed
- It is recommended that an upload speed rate of at least double the selected video bitrate is available, especially for a total target bit-rate of 10Mbps (Megabits per second) or less, or when there are multiple outgoing streams.
- Upload speed can be tested at a website such as TestMy.net/upload.
- Additional tasks that can consume upload bandwidth on the network should also be considered when determining how much of the available upload bandwidth can be allocated towards streaming
Hardware accelerated encoding requirements:
- Intel Quick Sync Video encoding requires an Intel CPU with an Intel® QuickSync Video core.
List of Intel CPUs supporting QuickSync
- NVIDIA NVENC encoding requires an NVidia GPU with Kepler architecture or newer.
NVIDIA only maintains a general list of supported GPUs
- Apple Hardware Accelerated H.264 encoding requires a Mac with an integrated Intel GPU*.
*This may change in the future, as the Apple API decides what hardware acceleration method is to be used. At the time of this writing, only Quick Sync via an Intel GPU is supported.
Wirecast Rendezvous uses WebRTC technology that can be very resource intensive. For the best experience, we suggest considering the following table when choosing hardware:
|Studio (2 guests + 1 host)||Pro (7 guests + 1 host)|
|Bandwidth4||Add 4 Mbps||Add 5+ Mbps5|
|Processor4||i5 quad-core6||i7 quad-core6|
|4 Based on a single simultaneous stream of 720p30 x264 @ 4.0Mbps.|
5 Bandwidth per guest will scale downwards as more are added to maintain reliability.
6 Minimum recommended processor with example stream4. More demanding workflows may require a more capable CPU.
High frame-rate streaming (60fps):
- High frame-rate streaming will result in increased CPU usage and require a higher bit rate (4Mbps or higher) for a quality encode.
- Simply switching to a higher frame-rate without ensuring the CPU and bitrate is sufficient may result in a lower quality encode.
- Consider lowering your canvas frame rate and/or streaming resolution to lower CPU usage.
- Maintained system CPU usage greater than 60% will increase the likelihood of dropped frames.
- Solid State Drive or fast RAID array recommended for ISO Recording and Replay functionality.
- Actual data rates will vary depending on quality level selected for ProRes (Mac) or MJPEG recording (Windows), as well as the resolution and frame rate selected.
- For Mac ProRes recording please refer to Apple’s ProRes data rate specifications.
- Total expected data rate should be compared to available disk write speed to ensure adequate disk throughput.
Failure to ensure the available disk write speed is greater than the highest expected total data rate may result in frames being dropped from recordings (ISO, Replay, and Record-to-Disk).
See our ISO Recording Guide for more information
Version 15.0 – April 14, 2022
New & Improved
- New! Social Media Comment Moderation:
- Integrate Twitter, Facebook and YouTube comments directly into your broadcast.
- See all comments from the supported connected platforms come into one Comment Moderation window. Add one of the new Social Media Titles from the add source menu, select a comment, and your comment will automatically display in your social media title. You can rotate selected comments automatically, or manually select your comments. We now also support YouTube Member Milestone Chat Messages and Twitter Post photos.
- New! Major Performance Improvement:s
- We’ve undertaken a massive project to improve the efficiency of Wirecast on your hardware. (Benchmarks coming soon!) A few highlights include more efficient GPU rendering with Direct3D12 on Windows and updated encoding presets for more efficient encoding without sacrificing quality. But there is much more under the hood! We’ll be doing benchmarks but would love to hear your anecdotal experience with this (on both Mac and Windows).
- Improved! File playback performance:
- Alongside the general performance improvements, we have also specifically improved the performance of file playback.
- Improved! 4K support:
- Improved support for 4K60 input, playback and streaming. With all the work we’ve done improving performance, one of the benefits is greatly improved handling of 4k content.
- Improved! Web Page Source interaction:
- When you add a web page source to your document, you can now select a mode where you can interact with that webpage, as if you were in a browser – from directly in the Wirecast UI
- New! Refreshed UI:
- We’ve updated and refreshed the User Interface. Besides the more pleasing design, we now offer larger, brighter fonts, better tally indicators and more.
- New! More Rendezvous Improvements:
- More layout options: We now let users choose either a grid layout for all guests or one-main-guest-others-small layout in their Rendezvous Dashboard
- Mirror view: Ability for guests to mirror their self-view by clicking “Flip Video Horizontally”
- Muted: Host can see when guest’s mic is muted
- Network Diagnostics: Rendezvous hosts can now see an icon (either a green, yellow or red signal icon) for each guest, indicating downlink network quality (from guest to Wirecast).
- Additionally, the host can see current network stats in the bottom left corner of each guest’s video. Presented stats are received bitrate, round trip time, jitter and packet loss. Stats are refreshed every 5 seconds
- New! Rendezvous Music Mode: Rendezvous guests can turn on Music Mode, which will greatly improve the audio quality when playing musical instruments over Rendezvous
- Rendezvous guests will have the option to turn on Music Mode in their Rendezvous web app. This will:
- Enable stereo audio
- Increase the audio bitrate to 256k. (By default, it is mono 32k. When enabling music mode, it will be two channels, 128k each.)
Note: this applies only for Rendezvous guests sending audio to Wirecast. Higher quality audio will not be sent to other guests in session (bandwidth utilization would be significantly higher in such case).
- Disable audio processing (echo cancellation and noise reduction)
Note: disabling audio processing for normal microphones and just talking can result in poor quality audio – so this should only be used for playing instruments.
- Rendezvous guests will have the option to turn on Music Mode in their Rendezvous web app. This will:
- New! New and Improved Audio Meters
- All audio meters now use a consistent dBFS scale across the app. You’ll see consistent readings whether you’re looking at Multiviewer audio bars or the Advanced audio Meter. Levels turn yellow when they hit -6dB and red anything greater than -1dB. All meters are consistent in showing when audio is clipping (yellow & red)
- New! More Animated Titles
- We continue to build our library of animated titles with several new options in addition to the new social media-specific titles
- And more!
- Improved the low-level clock system in Wirecast. This will improve A/V sync over long periods of time.
- Improved quality of Screen Capture source on macOS Retina displays.
- Improved the framerate of Multiviewer on Windows.
- Improved workflow when deleting a source from the Asset Manager. It will now remove any layers of that source from the document.
- Improved audio “smoothing” when a discontinuity occurs.
- WIRE-19882: Added ability to show username and photo on Facebook Group stream
- WIRE-19875: Improved the placement of the forward/back buttons for interacting with a web page source
- WIRE-16862: added support for BGRX raster format
- Updated Technology: NDI 5.1, WebRTC to 4664 (m96), libVLC to 3.0.16
- WIRE-19736: Created new UHD Presets Encoding Settings in Output Settings
- Plus hundreds of additional bug fixes and improvements!
- We added an automatic mode for Windows Render Engine Selection in Preferences, which, if you’re using an AMD GPU we will automatically switch you to Direct3D11.
Wirecast 14.3 Released August 2, 2021
New & Improved
- New! Title Engine: New library of animated titles! Choose from over 25 (with more on the way!) high quality, customizable animated titles. Add your logo, change colors and fonts, and adjust timing of animations.
- New! Secondary Display Live Output Audio mapping: We now allow you to map Audio Tracks to Secondary Display Live Output.
- New! Media Playback in Live window: Control playback of media clips while they are Live.
- New! In/Out point selection: Editable text fields showing the current in & out point times of media.
- Improved! Trace Logs for better information when diagnosing issues.
- Improved! Integration with AverMedia Live Gamer BOLT GC555 capture cards.
- Improved! AVFoundation Source capture: Made some fundamental changes to the way we bring in AVFoundation sources to improve sync drift between USB devices.
- Improved! Countdown Clock: Added 60+minute display in Countdown Clock.
- Improved! Media File finder: Access the original file location of a media file from the context menu on the Shot Layers tab.
- Improved! Virtual microphone monitoring on Windows: We now really do allow monitoring of Wirecast Virtual Microphone audio on Windows 10.
- Improved! Updated technology, including: Facebook API to v10.0, WebRTC to 4430 (m90), and NDI SDK to v5
- WIRE-19090: A replay shot now scales properly with the replay template
- WIRE-19044: Added ‘+’ and ‘–’ zoom buttons to work with PTZ NDI cameras that don’t have absolute positioning implemented.
- WIRE-19039: Beta users may have noticed that titles were not retaining text/image changes when loading saved document or shot template. Now they do.
- WIRE-19020: Twitch Ingest Server can now be changed, and selections are retained.
- WIRE-19016: Fixed a crash that could occur when authenticating to Twitter/Periscope.
- WIRE-18976: Renamed old Title sources to Title (Legacy).
- WIRE-18970: Multiviewer Configuration will now scale properly regardless of your monitor DPI, so that all layouts can be seen
- WIRE-18960: Improved Performance of YUV converter needed for x264 encoder. Performance is improved by roughly 5x.
- WIRE-18945: Audio Mixer Audio Track selection is now saved.
- WIRE-18940: Wirecast no longer moves to a different monitor when Maximized->Minimized->Maximized on Windows OS.
- WIRE-18934: Shortcuts assigned to number now work on numpad again.
- WIRE-18900: Fixed a crash when using Twitter widget with certain UTF-16 characters.
- WIRE-18890: Blackmagic SDI Input configuration will no longer get locked after switching from Automatic to Manual.
- WIRE-18878: Made iOS video capture on Apple Silicon and Mac work better.
- WIRE-18850: PTZ Preset Recall will now work more reliably when using a Playlist.
- WIRE-18845: Now you can change the Audio Sample Rate of the Telestream System Audio Capture driver while Wirecast is capturing without dire consequences.
- WIRE-18813: Audio capture on Mac can now support various sample rates from the audio driver.
- WIRE-18811: The ticker collecting bandwidth statistics now stops after a Rendezvous session is disconnected.
- WIRE-18793: Fixed an issue that caused the playlist tab to not display correctly in certain circumstances.
- WIRE-18789: Now you can use PTZ controls with more than one Sony PTZ camera in your document.
- WIRE-18766: Fixed an issue that could cause an error message when outputting to YouTube, and in general improved error alert messages and logging for YouTube.
- WIRE-18758: We added a proxy image to let you know that you have overly HUGE files, and we are automatically downsizing them to a more appropriate size. This will only happen the first time you open an existing document.
- WIRE-18751: Fixed Window Screen Capture on Mac where in some instances it was unable to follow window changes.
- WIRE-18721: Fixed an issue where you couldn’t activate a license if you had no internet connection.
- WIRE-18717: Transitioning between a shot with an audio source and a playlist with media no longer removes any of the Audio FX settings.
- WIRE-18692: MOV and MP4 recordings no longer have incorrect file creation date.
- WIRE-18679: Encoder preset dimensions now continue to update even after invalid dimensions are provided.
- WIRE-18659/WIRE-18575: Updated to work better in situations where we detect an audio sample rate that is different than what the source is telling us they are delivering. (This was particularly true for AVIPAS PTZ cameras)
- WIRE-18657: When you drag a shot onto another shot, now a warning message will appear giving you the option to ‘cancel’ or ‘create’ a playlist.
- WIRE-18634: Now, when you add media, you will be shown the location of your last imported media file.
- WIRE-18625: Wirecast no longer crashes when opening text files encoded with specific formats.
- WIRE-18613: Fixed a crash that could occur after deleting an output destination.
- WIRE-18596: Fixed an issue where a Rendezvous session webpage would not display all the guests depending on browser.
- WIRE-18555: added more information that could be helpful to us and the user, in the case of a websocket error when using Rendezvous
- WIRE-18547: Fixed a crash when opening certain MPEG-4 Version 3 files.
- WIRE-18407: Improved ability to capture video from Sony Imaging Edge Webcam software.
- WIRE-18369: We reimplemented the ability to stream to Facebook using the Device Pairing workflow (which lets you stream to Facebook using a one-time stream key, rather than having to sign into a Facebook account)
- WIRE-18359: Updated the Quicksync SDK to fix an issue where the Quicksync encoder was not working with new drivers.
- WIRE-17978: We now let you save your document when you have so many unused sources that need to be deleted, it takes up all the available window real estate.
- WIRE-17843: When switching back and forth to a playlist tab all your layers will retain their sizes.
- WIRE-17779: Fixed an issue where Virtual Mic output on Windows would not include sources that were removed from the Monitor’s mix.
- WIRE-17172: Preferences for Camera no longer reset after rebooting computer.
- WIRE-16880: Fixed an issue in Rendezvous where if browser didn’t send any video, we would not send audio.
- WIRE-16256: Now you can happily mute Replay Template shots.
- WIRE-10914: We now do a better job of collecting crash dump files on Windows.
- WIRE-19145: AVFoundation audio sources do not appear in the list of Rendezvous Microphone sources until they are added to the document.
- PTZOptics Cameras will not work with the PTZ Controller using NDI Protocol until the firmware is updated on the camera. VISCA Protocol will still work with older versions of the firmware.
Download Release notes for more details
Wirecast 14.2 Released April 28, 2021
New & Improved:
- New! Apple Universal Support – Now Wirecast can be run natively on M1 Macs
- New! Placeholders and Shot Templates: New and improved Shot Templates let you easily add a pre-configured shot layout to your document or save any shot as a Template. And assign cameras or sources to Placeholders to quickly add a source across a number of shots in your document. Especially useful for pre-configuring shots for Rendezvous guests!
- New! Secondary Display Output (Pro-only): Adds a new type of output that sends the live program feed to a secondary display without the need for specific hardware. Great alternative for the hardware-based program out but can also be used as an alternative to Virtual Camera/Microphone when paired with a capture device.
- New! Lock Shot Icon: Now you can take a snapshot of your live shot and save it as the icon thumbnail image.
- New! Shot ISO indicator: You’ll see a tally indicator on shots that are currently being ISO recorded.
- New! PTZ Control of X-Series Sony cameras: Added Sony X-Series VISCA/UDP protocol profile in the PTZ controller.
- New! LinkedIn Live Auto-Captions support: Make your LinkedIn Live broadcasts more accessible by adding auto-generated captions to any LinkedIn Live video.
- New! Updated the app icon to Big Sur style on macOS: It’s minor but thought we’d mention it.
- New! Input connection selector for Blackmagic devices: This new option lets you select the type of video/audio input connection (HDMI/SDI) used for incoming Blackmagic Designs sources. This helps ensure you have the right connection chosen, to reduce errors in your incoming sources.
- New! Audio in the Web Page source: Added the ability to adjust audio from a Web Page source as well as stream it out as part of your broadcast.
- Improved! Several Clock enhancements including:
- Auto-start countdown: An option to automatically start the countdown clock when it gets pushed live, saving time and clicks.
- 60+ min: Added the ability to set times in minutes greater than 60 minutes, useful in sports and other applications.
- Countdown to a specific date: Countdown to a specific date and time, for longer broadcasts and countdowns.
- New display options: Including US-centric date formats, and a day-of-the-week-only option.
- Improved! Text Scrolling improvement: There is now a checkbox option in the scrolling section of the text source properties (defaults to enabled) titled “Restart when pushed live”. If enabled, scrolling will restart from the beginning when the shot containing the text source is sent live.
- Improved! Virtual Microphone monitoring on Windows: Now in Windows, you can monitor the audio output of Wirecast while outputting the Wirecast virtual microphone.
- Improved! Windows Installer Improvements: Just making it a better experience for all.
- Improved! Rendezvous guests in Favorites tab: Rendezvous guests will now appear in the Favorites tab if Rendezvous Shot is favorited.
- Improved! M4V files can now be selected.
- Improved! Image Carousel: Improved rendering for Image Carousels
- Improved! Automatic image downscaling: Images larger than the current document’s canvas will now be automatically downsized before being loaded into Wirecast for better performance.
- Updated technologies:
- VLC library: Updated libVLC to version 3.0.12
- CEF: Updated Chromium Embedded Framework to version 88.0.4324.182.
- NDI: We’ve updated to versions 4.6.2 (Windows) and the (M1 supported beta) 4.6.1 on Mac.
- WebView2: Now using WebView2 for embedded browsers on Windows.
• WIRE-18688: Windows installer now installs correctly on Windows 10 N editions.
• WIRE-18672: Fixed a rare crash on macOS.
• WIRE-18607: Fixed an issue with Virtual Microphone on M1 systems.
• WIRE-18686: Now you can happily hear sound when using Secondary Display Live
Output with audio devices that have more than 2 channels.
• WIRE-18637: Made the Wirecast Support Assistant app on Windows legit by code signing it.
• WIRE-18616: Fixed a memory leak that would slowly grow over time when capturing Remote Desktop Presenter sources on macOS.
• WIRE-18608: Disabled LinkedIn Live Draft Mode until it’s officially supported by
• WIRE-18593: Fixed some issues with NDI sources.
• WIRE-18588: Removed Telestream Cloud Settings from Wirecast Output Settings as we are sunsetting this service. See more info here.
• WIRE-18581/WIRE-18531/WIRE-18366: Fixed a rare crash that could occur when
running Wirecast with other programs on Windows.
• WIRE-18548: Made some improvements to media playback on macOS.
• WIRE-18544: Added Title and Description requirement for Facebook streams.
• WIRE-18533: MIDI and XKeys controllers are now working on macOS.
• WIRE-18526: Custom Mattes now again display in the Shot Layer Properties menu.
• WIRE-18472: Fixed a crash that could happen if “Keep Reading File” was checked in a Text File Mode shot.
• WIRE-18467: Localized dates correctly in Clock Widget.
• WIRE-18463: Fixed a crash when opening certain older documents with a countdown Clock source on Windows.
• WIRE-18461: Fixed a crash that could happen when playing certain MP4 files on
• WIRE-18442: If you switch Timestamps mode while outputting, this should no longer introduce an A/V sync issue.
• WIRE-18416: Fixed an issue prohibiting some MP4 files to be imported.
• WIRE-18414: Fixed a rare crash when a program is making OLE scripting calls at
• WIRE-18400: Fixed an issue with the Wirecast installer on Windows silently failing if Wirecast is running in the background.
• WIRE-18395: Fixed Clock Widget crashing if reset button is clicked in countdown mode when an invalid time format is specified.
• WIRE-18389: Now the Clock Widget won’t annoyingly show you an alert message twice when an invalid time format is specified. You’ll be alerted once. So pay attention.
• WIRE-18349: We no longer will allow installation of Wirecast on Windows 10 versions less than 1809. Please update Windows.
• WIRE-18324: We made it easier to save a Shot ISO Filename value by clicking OK.
• WIRE-18303: Fixed a Rendezvous conundrum where guests wouldn’t actually leave a session if they disconnected while the host was ending the session. (There’s probably a joke here about guests overstaying their welcome…)
• WIRE-18295: We now disable ONVIF devices by default. This can be enabled in the Preferences->Advanced section.
• WIRE-18289: Fixed an issue where some saved documents (specifically with long audio asset names) couldn’t be reopened.
• WIRE-18287/WIRE-18286: Removed CEF and activated WebView2 for embedded OAuth browsers in Output Settings.
• WIRE-18260: Now your Output Settings will not be overwritten when you delete another Output destination.
• WIRE-18211: Fixed a minor issue where long shot/source names would cause the Add Source dialog box to expand.
• WIRE-18203: Fixed a Typo in the install Telestream Audio Capture alert dialog. Nothing to see here.
• WIRE-18197: Fixed privileges for LinkedIn Live – Now it only retrieves company pages for which you are an admin.
• WIRE-18126: Fixed some strange behavior with Image Carousels when you set a long transition time.
• WIRE-17917: Automatically downscale images larger than the maximum canvas size to avoid crashing when the image is larger than the maximum Metal Texture dimensions on macOS.
• WIRE-17607: Fixed an issue where certain images wouldn’t display in the Image Carousel.
• WIRE-16688: Fixed an issue where Live Audio would not play after loading documents set to show Preview only.
• WIRE-13900/WIRE-13613: Fixed an issue where Multiviewer would not discretely output to certain HDTV displays when they were the exact same model.
• WIRE-18573: Mainconcept H.264 encoder is not supported on M1 systems.
• WIRE-18572: Unicast and Multicast Outputs are not supported on M1 systems.
• WIRE-18517: Starting an x264 encoder crashes Wirecast when running in
Rosetta. We’ve decided not to support Rosetta mode.
• WIRE-18496: Legacy Text source has been removed. This means that certain Legacy
Text properties that are not compatible with the new Text Widget won’t be available.
Wirecast 14.1.1 Fixes:
Feb 12, 2021
- WIRE-18 445 / WIRE-18444 /18397: Fixed several issues with YouTube encoder presets not behaving. (Please Note: if you encounter any issues with the YouTube output destination, please report that to our support team, and if needed, a workaround is to use the RTMP destination to your YouTube account.)
- WIRE-18420: Fixed an issue where some people couldn’t create Facebook Events on their accounts.
- WIRE-18404: Chroma Key now works again on macOS Mojave
What’s New in Telestream Wirecast 14.1?
Jan 25, 2021
- Rendezvous Chat: Behind-the-scenes messaging between hosts and guests in Wirecast’s Rendezvous peer-to-peer remote conferencing solution.
- ISO Recording for Shots (Pro): Independently record any shot in your document, including Rendezvous and audio-only shots, for use in post-production.
- SRT Output: Stream using Secure Reliable Transport (SRT) an open-source video transport protocol for delivering high-quality and secure, low-latency video across the public Internet. (Supports Caller Mode, in x264 or Apple H.264)
- Additional features and updates:
- ProRes encoding on Windows: Great for NLE workflows, now available for Windows, for both ISO recording and record to disk.
- Media playback improvements: Performance and efficiency improvements for playback of PNG animations.
- Mac audio capture plugin: Restored the ability to easily bring audio from any application into Wirecast on a Mac
- Updated Blackmagic SDK: Adds new resolution options and improves capturing at certain resolutions.
- Rendezvous connection improvements: Better reconnection if Rendezvous guests somehow get disconnected.
- LinkedIn Live Schedule Broadcast: Schedule your page or profile’s live video in advance and notify your followers.
What’s new in version 14.0?
Wirecast 14 is here! This is an epic release with a LOT of stability and reliability improvements. Additionally, we have several new features including an all new Chroma Key with added Luma Key and Color Key options.
We’ve also focused on improving the experience of doing remote guest interviews by improving Rendezvous’ stability as well as adding more flexibility for what displays if your guest gets disconnected.
Here’s what to expect in Wirecast 14:
- All new Chroma Key (with special guests Luma Key and Color Key)
- New options for more accurate keying, including spill suppression, edge coloring, and clipping ranges. Plus a Luma Key (useful if you have a logo with a white or black background you wish to remove), and Color key (useful for images (logos) that have non-black and non-white backgrounds).
- Better, more reliable incoming video source connections
- Improved reliability for Wirecast Go, Rendezvous and webstream sources, plus efficiency improvements with GPU decoding for NDI sources
- Text and font improvements
- Smoother text scrolling and a new font picker to select font variants
- More options when sources get disconnected
- When a source gets disconnected, you can now choose to replace it with transparency or a custom image
- Improved ability to size and scale sources
- We’ve added new options for sizing and scaling sources, making it easier to precisely size your videos and images on the canvas. Plus, incoming sources are now scaled automatically, and will maintain their size based on settings you choose.
- Latency and syncing improvements
- We’ve made improvements to – and we’ve also given you more control over – the way incoming audio and video are synced together, ensuring more accurate lip-sync.
- Updated technologies
- Updated to NDI 4.5, ported OpenGL to Metal on macOS, updated webstream plugin (libVLC), for improved connectivity and efficiency
- Better notifications and stats
- The status bar is now moved to the bottom of the screen, giving more space to show System CPU and App CPU, as well as other streaming stats.
- Plus hundreds of additional bug fixes and improvements!
What’s new in version 13.0.2
New & Improved
- WIRE-16316 – Now you can set your LinkedIn Live broadcasts to be visible only to your first-degree connections. Like if you don’t want your boss’s boss to see your live stream. Now you can do that.
- WIRE-14718 – We now correctly enable Wirecast Live captions in a YouTube event when setting that event to auto start.
- WIRE-16512 – If you tried to use Osprey 825e capture cards with Wirecast 13, you may have noticed they weren’t working very well, or at all. Try again – we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised…
- WIRE-16505 – Sometimes good intentions backfire. A fix we made in 13.0.1 caused a crash when trying to load a saved Wirecast document with chroma key. It’s better now.
- WIRE-16500 – Fixed an issue where changes made to Color Space or Dynamic Range for a video source were not, in the strictest of terms, accurate. (At all.)
- WIRE-14923 – Fixed an error that caused audio to sometimes not play through the monitor unless the Mix Minus button was toggled, which one would not naturally think to do.
- WIRE-14637 – Fixed a miscellaneous issue with a miscellaneous solution for streaming with Wirecast Restreaming to certain destinations.
What’s new in version 13.0.1
- WIRE-16454 – On Windows, smooth transitions between two shots that contain the same source is working again, after briefly trying to break free and take over the world.
- WIRE-16445 – Main Shot Layers now remember their sizes when a saved document is reopened. A little Ginkgo Biloba did the trick.
- WIRE-16442 – Also fixed was Wirecast’s ability to remember the Controller selected in Preferences.
- WIRE-16440 – Recorded audio from Rendezvous guests was sometimes having dropouts or was garbled. Yo..cn ..ear..t.agn now.
- WIRE-16479 – When an input format changes to a Magewell capture card, the audio will no longer stop working from that device.
- WIRE-16432 – The YouTube’s Create Event Menu now correctly shows the dark mode color scheme. Handy for when you actually want to see the text.
- WIRE-16425 – Sources from BlackMagic capture cards that don’t support automatic format detection were not being found when upgrading to version 13. We found them and helped them get back to where they belong. They’re fine. A little shaken, but basically fine.
- WIRE-16240 – Sometimes certain areas of the app would appear in English when they shouldn’t. We’ve fixed that bit of linguistic imperialism.
- WIRE-15656 – Fixed a crash when clicking the Output Menu when a BlackMagic Decklink 8K Pro capture card was installed.
- WIRE-15461 – Now, when you use Desktop Presenter and check the capture audio box the playback should be clear without being choppy or skipping.
What’s new in version 13
New & Improved
- WIRE-15060 – Main Shot Bin overhaul – We’ve done a complete refurbishment of our Main Shot Bin (that’s the layered area where you add all your shots.) We’re excited about a lot of under-the-hood improvements that reduced our code bloat, which you’ll have to trust us on. But what you will see is:
- Greatly improved responsiveness when selecting and reordering shots, resizing windows and scrolling. It’s now smooth like buttah.
- GPU accelerated live icons so you can see live previews of all your live shots, without hosing your system CPU.
- Refreshed and decluttered user interface – like Feng Shui, but for software.
- A bunch of other small but daring improvements like being able to reorder your master layers and more layer resizing options … oh, the power!
- WIRE-16006 – Speaking of resizing layers: We’ve added a “Zoom Layers To’ menu under ‘Layout’ so you can set all your master layers in one fell swoop. AND now you can resize all your layers at the same time by holding down the Shift or Alt (Win) or Shift, Option or Command (Mac) keys. PLUS! Extra added bonus: If you double click a layer divider, your layer will resize to its default height. Boom.
- WIRE-12584 – You can now also drag & drop a shot by clicking anywhere in the shot, not just on the title.
- WIRE-15939/WIRE-159940 – BlackMagic Designs and Direct Show source process separation – We have been working hard to improve the resiliency of Wirecast when dealing with sources. We have updated our code for sources, which for us makes it easier to maintain and support future source updates. You won’t see a lot of obvious changes yet in usability – but this helps us set the stage for future improvements.
- WIRE-15590 – More efficiency – We’re now allowing Blackmagic, DirectShow and Magewell sources to be more efficient – giving them access to GPU-accessible buffers for better performance.
- WIRE-15588 – Added support for MJPEG video in DirectShow sources
- WIRE-16368 – Stream to Facebook and other places simultaneously: Facebook recently changed their policy that allows you to stream to multiple destinations when also streaming to Facebook. We have enabled that in our application. So, stream away, anywhere!
- WIRE-16394/WIRE-16261 – Facebook 1080p streaming: Now you can stream 1080p and up to 60fps to Facebook.
- WIRE-15870 – Integrated Facebook Speed Test – New option in Facebook output settings “Optimize Connection” initiates a Facebook Speed Test to Facebook’s various regional ingestion servers to determine the best choice.
- WIRE-16200 – And we now warn busy users that the Facebook Speed Test can take several minutes.
- WIRE-14429 – PTZ control over NDI – This should allow all NDI PTZ cameras supporting movement controls over NDI to be fully usable in Wirecast. We have not tested every possible NDI PTZ device, but due to the standardization of NDI, all should work.
- WIRE-15624 / WIRE-16114 – We also added support for PTZOptics PT12X-ZCam, for which we added a message in the PTZ Control Window that this device does not support pan/tilt controls. (It only zooms).
- WIRE-16001 – MacOS Dark Mode – We’re going dark. Or at least you can choose to now.
- WIRE-15989 – Larger user camera in Rendezvous – When entering the Rendezvous landing page (to enter the username), now the camera appears in the middle of the page so the user can see themselves more clearly than the small view in the top-right corner. Once the Rendezvous session starts, the camera jumps back to the top-right hand corner.
- WIRE-15976 – LinkedIn Live Error Tracking – We improved the error tracking when streaming to LinkedIn Live.
- WIRE-15968 – Preference Pane additions – We’ve added more options to the preference pane to give you even more decisions to make, including the look of your shot display, turning GPU Accelerated Live Icons to “Highest Framerate”, “Reduced Framerate” or “Disabled”, and other settings that give you ultimate omnipotence (at least within your own Wirecast document).
- WIRE-15876 – Streamlined Buy link – Clicking on the ‘Buy/Upgrade’ item under ‘Help’ now opens the web store directly instead of taking you on a leisurely walk-about through another page or two. We’re saving you time.
- WIRE-15933 – Warm and fuzzy analytics invite – We made our analytics opt-in pop-up warmer and fuzzier. We really hope you’ll help us by opting in to analytics!
- WIRE-16123 – You probably don’t care, but we’ve enlarged the Welcome Window to make room for in-app videos to play in that window.
- WIRE-15922 – During the trial period, it is now easier for you to find and press a purchase button.
- WIRE-16380 – We fixed an error when attempting to authenticate to Twitch, caused by a change in the Twitch API.
- WIRE-16364 – Fixed an issue that caused audio underflow/popping sounds when using certain Elgato capture cards.
- WIRE-16361 – We made an adjustment to the way Wirecast responds to changes in properties – one result being that now when you stop and restart the clock widget, it will resume where you left off, instead of restarting at the beginning.
- WIRE-16347 – Jetstream aka Streamzilla now shows up in Mac Output Settings without error.
- WIRE-16328 – When you replace a shot with another source, it will not automatically display at a ridiculously large size.
- WIRE-16305 – Now when you click on the “Enter full screen” button on the video in the Welcome Screen, it will actually display full screen.
- WIRE-16283/WIRE-16175/WIRE-16029/WIRE-15892 – Fixed an issue where files were flickering when added as a Web Stream source.
- WIRE-16279 – A minor display issue – our cute little Cloud icon was being cut off when enabling Restream and Captions. Now it’s not.
- WIRE-16271 – Fixed an issue where most SD video (720×480) from Blackmagic and other devices were coming in with improper scaling.
- WIRE-16270 – We have more carefully isolated our media handling from other processes to help prevent crashes.
- WIRE-16250 – Fixing some long-standing ‘jank’ where audio mute buttons would display on video-only sources and video mute buttons on audio-only sources. Just more housecleaning.
- WIRE-16241 – Continuing with some housecleaning – We’ve done some additional clean up in the source settings tab of the Shot Inspector so it will only display the appropriate controls for audio-only and video-only sources.
- WIRE-16235 – The ISO filename no longer reverts to default after choosing a destination.
- WIRE-16227 – We had some over-zealous capitalization on some messages we displayed. They are now proper English. The grammar police can rest easy.
- WIRE-16217 – We added back the menu bar, which would mysteriously disappear when you opened the Advanced Rendezvous Audio Mixer on Mac.
- WIRE-16214 – We spent way too much time debating whether it’s OK to display the copyright symbol as (C). No. And then we fixed it.
- WIRE-16213 – Eradicated an egregious bug that would cause Wirecast to slow down or eventually hang when the audio properties panel was open. That was a doozy.
- WIRE-16209 – Fixed a memory leak that occurred while looping Chroma Keyed video.
- WIRE-16201 – Fixed a hang that happened if you took the very specific action to add a playlist shot, move it and then click at the top of Wirecast.
- WIRE-16196 – Now when you modify the Source Properties of Blackmagic devices while ISO recording, your Preferences for the device will not become corrupt.
- WIRE-16172 – We removed some unnecessary permissions for areas of Facebook that we weren’t actually using, and that have now been deprecated by Facebook anyway.
- WIRE-16157 – Fixed an error that occurred on Windows when starting a Program Replay with a canvas size of 854×480.
- WIRE-16156 – Related to the bug above – we fixed an indefinite hang that would occur on Windows when initiating Replay in conjunction with another Output while using an 854 x 480 Canvas.
- WIRE-16142 – Now, on Mac, reducing your window size will not cause the Preview/Program windows to disappear.
- WIRE-16125 – Fixed the Image Carousel – which is also fixed in 12.2.1, by the way.
- WIRE-16119 – Grammarians rejoice! We’ve made more minor language changes to standardize the naming of items under the ‘Window’ menu.
- WIRE-16111 – Fixed an odd bug that would cause an indefinite hang in certain documents when you hover the mouse over the Preview Window.
- WIRE-16088 – Fixed a bug that didn’t let you assign a hotkey to a shot that’s been duplicated.
- WIRE-16082 – Instead of immediately starting camera / audio devices on startup, which wastes resources, we now wait until we actually need to use them to start them up.
- WIRE-16079 – Fixed an annoying issue where dragging in unsupported media created a temporary shot which overlapped the clear layer icons.
- WIRE-16074 – Squashed a crash that happens when opening a document from Explorer/Finder, completing the analytics dialog, then opening and closing the preferences.
- WIRE-16058 – Fixed a licensing issue that, when deactivating a license and then immediately clicking Purchase, would open the Web Store instead of the more appropriate Product Catalog page.
- WIRE-16057 – Almost not worth mentioning, because most people will never see this, but we re-aligned a logo on a page that comes up when a Wirecast Pro user clicks purchase. (All in the name of making every aspect of Wirecast supremely excellent.)
- WIRE-16050 – When you upgrade from Wirecast One, your master layers will also upgrade accordingly. This wasn’t happening, which could cause you to think you hadn’t upgraded.
- WIRE-16049 – Fixed a bug where setting audio channel to both L and R made you think you had to upgrade to Wirecast Pro. Sorry.
- WIRE-16041 – Fixed numerous minor layout issues in media source properties panel.
- WIRE-16027 – When you upgrade from Wirecast One, you’ll now be able to access Wirecast Studio or Pro help and User Guides.
- WIRE-16026 – Now, you can’t reorder a shot on a layer to be before the special Clear Layer shot.
- WIRE-16014 – When you create a Twitter shot, it will no longer automatically be added to Layer 3. You now can choose.
- WIRE-16004 – Fixed a rare crash that could occur when quitting and not saving a document.
- WIRE-15993 – We re-enabled UI keyboard navigation on Mac, so you can again tab between controls.
- WIRE-15992 – NDI and Webstream sources will now display at full refresh rate in the multi-viewer.
- WIRE-15985 – Updated the XKeys 128 Controller SDK, so that it works correctly on macOS Catalina.
- WIRE-15978 – We prevented multiple calls to Facebook when it is the most recently selected destination, to reduce load time of the Output Settings dialog box.
- WIRE-15920 – Changing the opacity and subsequently hiding and showing the layer in the Shot Layers tab no longer reverts the opacity back to 100%. Opacity now stays the same as whatever it was set to previously…as it should.
- WIRE-15908 – Fixed an issue on Windows where mattes were not being applied to NDI or Webstream sources.
- WIRE-15879 – MacOS 10.15 is requiring applications to be “notarized”. Part of this update is to enable “hardened runtime” which adds additional protections to the application. We have done this.
- WIRE-15867 – Added an error message to indicate when an Elgato device is in use by another app or fails to start.
- WIRE-15855 – Increased wait time and publish attempts for LinkedIn Live broadcasts, which could fail due to the latency introduced when using it with Wirecast Live Captions or Wirecast Restream.
- WIRE-15853 – Now when you click on the info button to learn about our usage data policies, it takes you to an actual page – not a 404 error.
- WIRE-15782 – The preview video no longer freezes when you open source properties, so you can see changes being made live, which is of course the purpose of the preview window.
- WIRE-15780 – Fixed an issue that caused signal degradation for NDI Sources with Live Icons enabled.
- WIRE-15758 – Fixed an embarrassing oversight that caused a coder-level label to display when setting Exposure Levels settings in PTZ Controls.
- WIRE-15755 – Fixed issue that would cause “Use backup server” and “Automatically Start Event” to become unavailable in certain cases, when streaming to YouTube.
- WIRE-15735 – Fixed a bug that would cause audio to not be restored when reconnecting to NDI Sources on Windows.
- WIRE-15715 – Fixed an issue streaming RTMP to specific URLs on macOS Mojave.
- WIRE-15644 – Fixed some more odd license behavior when you select “Buy Wirecast” then close the purchase window on macOS.
- WIRE-15643 – Fixed an indefinite hang that occurred on Windows, when using a machine with a dual GPU setup and changing the graphics adapter then clicking restart.
- WIRE-15603 – An issue was fixed by Facebook that was causing an inability to switch to live from preview when using the Facebook Live – with User Code destination.
- WIRE-15567 – We changed the default encoder to x264 for Livestream.com.
- WIRE-15512 – Fixed a variety of scaling issues that occurred primarily when NDI or BlackMagic sources were added.
- WIRE-15395 – When Mac users tried to use Rendezvous with a Studio or Trial license, we did not serve up the proper pop-up window to explain next steps. We do that now.
- WIRE-15386 – Fixed a rare crash on Windows. Yah – that.
- WIRE-15358 – Improved the handling of alpha PNG files to more efficiently decode these files when played in Wirecast.
- WIRE-15340 – For users on Windows 10 Creator Studio with DirectX12 installed, our installer doesn’t fail for you now.
- WIRE-15265 – We now don’t put dark text on a dark background in the name of selected shot in the Shot Layers panel on macOS. #easiertoread.
- WIRE-15007 – Fixed an issue where .wcst documents could not be opened if they contained Cyrillic characters.
- WIRE-14905 – You can no longer change the default encoder presets by creating a new encoder preset with the same name.
- WIRE-14781 – Selecting a shot with the touch bar caused shot properties sliders/buttons/etc. to be greyed-out and unusable unless you tapped on that shot again in the touch bar. This was not intended. So, we fixed that.
- WIRE-14404 – We’re happy to report, we have significantly improved the way in which Wirecast plays ProRes 4444 clips on Windows. We’re seeing 2-3x less CPU usage, depending on the file.
- WIRE-14228 – Removed some old DX9c code – just cleaning up.
- WIRE-13872 – Ricoh Theta V video was coming in upside down. Now it’s not.
- WIRE-13828 – YouTube viewer statistics now will continue to update after streaming for more than an hour.
- WIRE-13792 – Fixed a long-standing issue that would result in missing media errors when trying to copy a shot from one document to another, if both documents are open at the same time.
- WIRE-15638 – The time has come to drop support for older DV cameras, since we don’t test them anymore and they are difficult to even find nowadays. Consider official support for these dropped.
- WIRE-15214 – Windows 7 users: Note that Wirecast 13 will be the last release that supports Win7. You’ll see a message about this in app but consider yourself warned.
- WIRE-16014 – We removed the ability to create a Twitter shot directly from the top nav bar. Don’t worry, you can still do it from the Add Source (+) button in the Shot Bin area.
- WIRE-16400 – On Windows 7, system devices that deliver planar YUV display green video. The workaround for these devices is to set the color space to RGB.
- WIRE-16085 – If you are updating to Wirecast 13 and have multiple capture cards that are different models, when you open a saved document that contains sources from the capture cards, one of the inputs may fail to upgrade (and will show their saved so
What’s new in v12.0
NEW – Stock Media Library
- Now included with every active support subscription, the new Stock Media Library adds a growing database of over 500,000 unique, high quality media assets to your projects.
- A new custom-built portal gives you direct access to transitions, motion backgrounds, royalty-free backing tracks, and videos from right within Wirecast.
- Select the new Media Files category in the Add Source dialog and choose Stock Media Library.
NEW – Stinger (Custom Transitions) Playback Speed Controls
- Spice up your stinger transitions using the new Stock Media Library, which contains transition files.
- New speed controls allow you to adjust the timing of your stinger transitions, and an additional transition bank gives you more options for live production.
NEW – Rendezvous Audio Mixing
- In the Rendezvous dashboard, you can now create a custom audio mix to be sent to your Rendezvous guests.
- Studio license level will allow you to select the devices to mix.
- Pro license levels will grant you the ability to select individual channels from audio devices to be mixed.
NEW – QR Code Generator Source
- Want to give your audience quick access to a custom link within your stream? Just create a QR code that your audience can scan! Copy your link into the new QR Code Generator and Wirecast will create a scannable image to broadcast to your fans.
- Select the Overlays category in the Add Source dialog and choose QR Code Generator.
12.0 – Improvements
- Add ability to configure the number of transition banks in the Preferences
- Add ability to continuously read a text file in the Text Source Properties
- Allow users to configure the playback speed of Stinger Transitions
- Display the Facebook Page of Scheduled events in the Facebook Destination Output Settings
- Enable NVENC High Profile in Encoder settings
- Expose all options in Facebook Live Polls
- Update CEF to version 3578
- Update to NDI SDK v.3.8
12.0 – Fixes
- Add better error messaging when the GPU does not support Direct X 11
- Adding a Direct Show audio device to the document causes duplicate sources to appear in the Rendezvous Dashboard
- After attempting to activate an old license, any subsequent invalid license activation attempts show an incorrect error message
- Audio from Multi-Channel Sources is not heard in the Rendezvous call when sending the Live Output audio track
- Build-In/Build-Out elements don’t move proportionally
- Certain stinger transitions can appear doubled and stretched
- Change Audio right-click menu text is hard to read text
- Change the wording for missing Stinger Transitions
- Changing the playback speed of a stinger transition pauses it without updating the pause/play button
- Clicking X in the Add Source Dialog adds any selected sources to the document on Windows
- Clock System Fonts missing font picker dialog
- Crash when adding a Stinger Transition on Windows 7 with an AMD GPU
- Facebook Scheduled events list fails to be read properly in some cases
- Fixed bad alignment in Teradek StreamReader Properties page
- Hang when selecting a Stinger Transition then immediately using the transition
- IP camera frame glitch•Fixed – Midi controller volume slider control skips from 99% to 101%
- NDI detection is disabled when disabling IP Camera discovery
- Opening a new document during a stream caused Wirecast to Crash after disconnecting from a Rendezvous Session
- Periscope Destination Schedules Event and Tweets even if Destination is Disabled
- PTZ IP Port field does not update after switching to a PTZ profile that uses a required IP port
- Random crash during a Rendezvous Session
- Random crash when a document has disconnected sources
- Random hang when switching sources
- Rare hang that can occur on Windows
- Remove Facebook donation button from Profiles (not supported by Facebook)
- Remove Shutdown when not live from Clock and Solid Color sources
- Security Warning Preventing Facebook Live Authentication on certain 4G networks
- Streaming to Ustream causes a hang on macOS Mojave
- Switching Destinations from Facebook User Code While Authenticating Disables OK Button•
- Telestream Cloud Restream output out of sync when started after another output
- Unable to capture video from Osprey 900 series capture cards
- Unable to create a Scheduled YouTube Event
- Unable to delete Scheduled Events on Profiles
- Unable to stream to certain RTMP servers on macOS Mojave
- Unable to use ScreenFlow screen record with record PC audio selected while running Rendezvous Session
- Virtual Mic audio distortion in Zoom
- Unable to remove Live Output from the Rendezvous mix
NEW – Rewritten WebStream Plugin
Re-engineered WebStream plug-in with much broader format, codec and network transport support. This is hosted in a new out of process architecture that protects Wirecast from any failure in the plug-in. This enables HLS and MPEG-DASH ingest.
Configurable latency of all WebStream network devices
Improved discovery of ONVIF devices from the same vendor
NEW – Stinger Transitions
Stinger Transition support. Through the new stinger transition configuration panel, you can setup movies to use as custom transitions. Support for Apple Animation, ProRes and CineForm alpha channeled QuickTime content.
NEW – ‘Smooth Transition’ build in & out properties
Added panel for configuring the build in & out animations used when the ‘Smooth’ transition is selected.
NEW – Virtual Camera Improvements
The virtual camera driver for macOS has been rewritten for faster performance and better compatibility with host applications, including sandboxed apps.
Added option to horizontally flip the video going to the virtual camera.
NEW – – MacBook Pro Touchbar Switcher
Wondered what the Touchbar was for? Wonder no longer: Wirecast adds a quick shot switcher to the Touchbar.
- On-going performance work: Wirecast 11 is speedier than ever, with quicker startup times, significantly faster drop shadow on macOS, and lower CPU on rendering. We’ll continue to build on this work with every release.
- PTZ support for VISCA over UDP for PTZ Optics & Lumens cameras*.
- *Other brands utilizing VISCA UDP may work but are not officially supported.
- New ‘Add Reference’ workflow when adding a new shot or layer to control how sources are created
- Support for Facebook Live Donations
- Unlimited pagination for Facebook Live Groups and Pages
- Enabled users with Publish permissions to post to Facebook Groups
- Switched to the v5 API when publishing to Twitch
- Added ‘Clear Menu’ in the Recent Documents menu
- Improved UI layout of Welcome window
- Enabled copying the license number from Preferences to the clipboard
- Changed the scale of the data-rate statistics to Mb/s if the data-rate goes over 10,000 Kb/s
- Added support for TLS v1.2 for RTMPS on Windows
- Indicate an expired support subscription in the Preferences
- Lowered Telestream Cloud supported bitrates to 1.25 Mbps
- Restrict custom canvas size to 1/20 ratio in either dimension
- Change polling rate of Widget sources with text files to 1/10 of a second
- Change the name of Web Display source to Web Page
- Enable HTTPS login for Facebook (this affects any released version of Wirecast with the Facebook Destination)
- Facebook Live – Portrait (9:16 Aspect Ratio) Encoding Setting
- macOS only: Virtual Camera does not work in sandbox apps
- macOS only: Virtual Camera does not work in Skype for Business
- Go button red dot is off-center
- Adding a Screen Capture from the Add Source UI duplicates the source and uses excessive resources
- Remove Ustream destination from Telestream Cloud supported destinations
- Unable to use PTZ presets with Matrox capture cards
- macOS only: Adding a matte causes the Live output to turn black
- Newtek NDI Spark Tally lights always indicate a preview state
- Crash when opening certain Wirecast documents with hotkeys
- Windows only: Unable to stream using Windows Media Streaming
- macOS only: Crash when editing an Audio Output device
- macOS only: Small memory leak when opening windows
- macOS only: Recording a Prores MOV file always drops frames at the start
- macOS only: Multi-Track Input Mapper Track Labels are not aligned
- Facebook Live: previously created Groups are no longer retrieved
- Periscope stream resets after 2 hours
- macOS Mojave: Search Text in Add Shot UI is white on white
- XKeys 128 Preview and Live lights do not remain lit for Clear Layers
- Unable to change Shot Source Properties without deselecting the shot
- 18 channel audio input devices were having their audio channels jump around
- Change wording of “Charity’s Facebook ID” to “Facebook Charity ID”
- Audio Properties Layout does not display all elements in certain languages
- Recording an ISO source with mono audio can create invalid recordings
- Virtual Camera does not work with Polycom RealPresence Desktop on macOS
- ISO Recordings fail to import into Adobe Premiere
- Audio Mixer – Moving the audio levels will cause Wirecast to periodically become unresponsive with a Webstream source in the document on Windows
- Closing a document with Multi-Viewer open can hang Wirecast on macOS
- FX Names do not have translations
- Webstream connection failure alert is not translated
- YouTube destination should auto-select new created events
- Crash when toggling NDI output quickly
- Mapping a Keyboard Shortcut to “0” does not work
- PTZ Controller Map Dot is not positioned correctly using HiDPI monitors on Windows
- Audio Mixer remains open after closing a Wirecast document on macOS
- NDI output does not work if started after an NDI source is added to the document on macOS
- Only allow mono-spaced fonts for Clock Widget
- Increase size of plus button on HiDPI displays on Windows
- Long transition names break the playlist transition selector’s alignment on Windows
- Unsaved changes to shot names should be saved when changing the focus from the shot name field
- Multi-Viewer tally state is broken
- Setting the canvas size to 9:16 aspect ratio hides the add shot button on Windows
- Add a dot to document close window when there are pending changes on macOS
- Wirecast crashes when adding a Web Display shot with a specific URL on macOS
- User is not prompted to save document when closing a document after editing Source Properties
- Highlighting the Welcome Screen document selection text obscures the selected the selected text
- URI field is blank when adding an ONVIF Webstream source
- Double clicking a source in the Add Source dialog copies the source name to the clipboard on Windows
NEW – Wirecast Restream & Wirecast Live Captions (paid services)
Restream: cloud-based redistribution service. Send a single Wirecast stream to multiple destinations and save bandwidth and processing power on your local computer
Live Captions: automatically embed CEA-608 closed captions in over 5 different languages using speech-to-text recognition
Fixed – Streaming with Telestream Cloud to destinations that require Adobe FMLE/publisher authentication (Akamai)
Fixed – Facebook Places broke with the new Facebook Live v3.0 API update
Fixed – Crash when opening Output Settings if all Telestream Cloud presets are hidden
Fixed – Disabling Twitter/Periscope output destination causes a crash
Fixed – Telestream Cloud sign up page is too small on HiDPI monitors on Windows
Fixed – Accented characters become “?” in the output caption data
NEW – Facebook Crossposting
Ability to Crosspost to Pages with an approved relationship established through the Settings on your Facebook Page
Crosspost options for Wirecast are found in the Output Settings
NEW – Facebook Live Streaming with New Facebook API
Create and maintain functionality with Facebook Live API 3.0 for deprecated live streaming functionality for Pages, Profiles, Groups and Events (Wirecast 9 will work only to Pages; Groups and Profiles will no longer be able to live stream to Facebook Live, this includes setting Place); custom RTMP output settings will continue to work.
KNOWN ISSUE: Places tagging currently does not work in Wirecast 10 with the new 3.0 API. This is scheduled to be fixed in the next release.
Events live stream posting has been permanently deprecated by Facebook
NEW – Wirecast Restream & Wirecast Live Captions **TECHNICAL PREVIEW**
New cloud-based features for restreaming a single live stream to Telestream Cloud and on to several destinations
Ability to add live transcription closed captions to any live stream
Restream and Live Captions will be in a Technical Preview in Wirecast 10.0; use of the features in trial mode (5,000 minutes trial usage) and feedback to the Wirecast team are highly encouraged
NEW – Microsoft Stream Live Destination
Adding new Microsoft Stream Live destination in Output Settings
Fixes & Improvements
Improvement – Always restore previously selected folder when adding media files
Improvement – Add Pro Badge to PTZ Preset Recall in Shot Layer Properties
Improvement – PTZ: add mechanism to prevent preset recall when selecting shots
Improvement – Indicate Streaming Status in the Taskbar Icon
Improvement – Add Recent, Frequent, Open Empty Document and Open Support Assistant to the Windows Taskbar right-click icon on Windows
Improvement – XKeys Controller: Color the Title bar of shots to match the color of XKeys Controller
Improvement – Add option to color the title bar of every shot on each master layer in the preferences
Improvement – Add System Output to audio output devices on macOS
Improvement – Update NDI SDK to v3.5
Improvement – Add menu access for OLE scripting API
Improvement – 48 KHZ audio option for RTP encoder
Improvement – Render audio internally at 48 khz
Improvement – Add support for playback of CineFormHD files, including Alpha support
Improvement – Move ‘Favorites’ and ‘All’ to the top of the add source UI
Improvement – Remove ISO button from UI when License level is not Pro
Fixed – Crash when clicking on the context menu of a shot that contains a ‘[no media]’ layer
Fixed – No audio input after closing and reopening document
Fixed – Wirecast shows up as “Wirecast Application” in the Windows system Volume Mixer control panel
Fixed – New text in languages localized as non-ascii does not appear correctly when creating new text shots
Fixed – Unable to send shots live after adding video files on macOS
Fixed – Open recent file structure is not maintained
Fixed – Distorted video with certain Direct Show devices (Logitech and Magewell) on Windows 7
Fixed – After upgrading Wirecast, Blackmagic capture cards no longer detect video
Fixed – Fatal error with clock or scoreboard shots
Fixed – Clock date not localized
Fixed – Starting an iOS device can hang Wirecast for up to a minute on macOS High Sierra
Fixed – Clicking on the context menu of a disconnected RDP source will hang the app for 4-8 seconds
Fixed – Replay+ISO menu names are cutoff in Czech and Dutch
Fixed – Unplugging an iOS device will disable video and audio rendering of existing A/V capture sources on macOS
Fixed – Cannot change selection from one layer to another in Preview Editing if it overlaps another layer
Fixed – Disable system beep when hitting ‘Enter’ in text entry fields
Fixed – PTZ preset recall does not work when there are multiple PTZ presets within the same shot
Fixed – Adding an existing Source SDK instance as a new shot/layer will create a new empty instance instead
Fixed – WASAPI capture does not work for mono sources (Logitech G930)
Fixed – Windows do not maximize with multiple monitors
Fixed – Text flickers when switching shots
Fixed – Enabling VoiceOver causes a crash when starting an NDI Output
Fixed – Solid color shot palette hides hex code
Fixed – Animated GIFs are causing performance issues on Windows
Fixed – Animated GIFs with transparency are stacking frames until looped
Fixed – Teradek StreamReader Plugin Properties Tab has broken UI
Fixed – Incorrect font and spacing for buttons on macOS
Fixed – Wirecast will use network bandwidth when there are ONVIF IP Cameras on the network even if not added to document
Fixed – Unable to publish to Facebook Groups
Fixed – Master layer visibility not applied correctly when loading documents
Fixed – Rendezvous dashboard window chrome looks out of place with document and other adjunct windows
Fixed – Remove “The Cube” destination
Fixed – New Text in languages localized as non-ascii does not appear correctly when creating new text shots
Fixed – Facebook: Not allowed to select a sponsor
Fixed – AJA capture devices are not being filtered from the System Device list on Mac
Fixed – Newly Added Sources Don’t Always Scale to Fit Properly
Fixed – After 10 min an NDI thread starts using a lot of CPU when connected to a source
Fixed – Labels in the title selection window are unreadable unless highlighted
Fixed – Facebook: Maintain line breaks after restart
Fixed – Facebook: Remove support for events
Fixed – Convert encoding templates from 44.1 to 48 kHz audio (Default, Facebook Live and YouTube)
Fixed – Changing layer order for duplicated shots causes smooth transition to crossfade instead of interpolate
Fixed – Windows System Audio Capture should not be running all the time
Fixed – Several labels are truncated in PTZ controller menu in localized languages
Fixed – No sound when Blackmagic audio delay set to thousandths of a second
Fixed – Facebook: fix scheduled events by only showing the user’s own events not those owned by accounts they can see (other groups or pages)
Fixed – PTZ preset controls should update in shot editor whenever PTZ prefs change
Fixed – Prevent the OS from turning off the display/sleeping if an ISO/Replay, Multi-Viewer or WebRTC Session is active
Fixed – Rendezvous: Clicking “Start Session” does nothing
Fixed – Certain Wirecast 8.3 documents crashing when loaded in Wirecast 9.0
NEW – XKeys 128 Support
Full control of layers, sources and transitions
Audio Mixer and Audio Preview controls
Start and Stop Wirecast outputs
NEW – PTZOptics PTZ Control using Visca over IP
Control the Pan, Tilt and Zoom of PTZOptics cameras over a local area network
PTZ Controller window allows users to create and recall presets for fast repositioning of known positions
Assign PTZ Presets to shots for seamless switching between PTZ Presets
NEW – Add Source Menu Redesign
New dark theme
New Search Field to easily find sources
New Categories for sources
Favorite Category allows easy access to frequently used sources
NEW – Facebook Live – with User Cod
Authorize Wirecast to stream to a Facebook account without giving out Facebook login credentials
“Set and forget” workflow allows for minimal Wirecast configuration before each new broadcast
Fixes & Improvements
Improvement – XKeys: pressing the Audio Mixer or Rendezvous button should close the window when it’s open
Improvement – Add preview/live status indicators to clear layers
Improvement – Add ability to drag shot layers in the shot layers table
Improvement – Disable preview throttling for front most document when app is front most
Improvement – Add drag image to shot bin on Windows
Improvement – Added option to run in “Safe Mode” – Hold down the CTRL+SHIFT keys during launch – allows user to determine if clearing preferences fixes a launch problem without clearing preferences yet.
Improvement – Allow ‘Enter’ key to add shot in add source UI
Improvement – Drag and Drop of File assets for Edit Panels Shot Layer Table
Improvement – If “Open last document on startup” is used and a document fails to load, a dialog appears on next launch to contact Wirecast support. This eliminates the need to clear preferences to exit the endless loop.
Improvement – Lower default keyframe interval to 2 seconds
Improvement – Remove 540p settings from Facebook encoder presets
Improvement – Rendering performance increased by improving lock usage. This change improves responsiveness in the UI when modifying complex shots in preview.
Improvement – Wirecast to warn user if classic mode (theme) is enabled
Fixed – Remove catmull-rom spline interpolator
Fixed – Web Stream crash when canceling IP camera authentication dialogs when other dialogs are open
Fixed – macOS Control Click is ignored with the New Add Source menu
Fixed – Indefinite Hang when sending two shots live then opening a playlist
Fixed – External Display Output Menu visible when no document is open
Fixed – Opening a document with many titles can hang the application for minutes
Fixed – Paste Text and Title Sources take a very long time to render
Fixed – Keyboard Shortcuts: Name field does not highlight automatically with focus
Fixed – Odd colors when re-importing Wirecast made 480p MJPEG
Fixed – Rapid selection of shots can result in improper tally state
Fixed – Fixed Rendezvous sources not pulling video correctly in Windows 7
Fixed – Web Stream and Screen Capture sources enumerating twice in the source selection window
Fixed – Immediate A/V sync issue streaming to Facebook if started after another output
Fixed – Indefinite hang when sending two shots live then opening a playlist
Fixed – After 20 encodes all outputs would fail to encode on macOS
Fixed – Adding sources should create copies of existing sources rather than references
Fixed – Blackmagic output colors are off
Fixed – Cannot add Twitter shot inside of playlist
Fixed – Changing playback speed for media does not change ‘already live’ state
Fixed – Chroma Key changes as different overlay shots are taken in and out of live
Fixed – Colors in macOS encoded outputs look washed out
Fixed – Deleting a shot always selects the “Clear Layer”
Fixed – Frame drop occurring upon adding titles in preview
Fixed – Hang when manipulating source while master layer visibility is off
Fixed – Hang when right-clicking and left-clicking assets in the Preview Canvas
Fixed – Immediate A/V sync issue in RTMPS Facebook output if started after other output
Fixed – Inconsistent deletion behavior when removing Playlists from the Shot Bin
Fixed – macOS encoded outputs look significantly worse than Windows
Fixed – Minimizing and then restoring a maximized document will disable the canvas rendering until Wirecast is resized
Fixed – Multi-Viewer can drop frames with capture card sources at 29.97 FPS
Fixed – No Web Stream configuration options if shot was previously cancelled
Fixed – Provide Feedback does not go to Form
Fixed – Sleeping computer and waking it while having media files loaded will make all loaded media files show black
Fixed – Solid color widget is transparent
Fixed – Stream will not automatically start YouTube event when checking “Automatically Go Live”
Fixed – Syphon server does not reconnect when opening a saved document
Fixed – The mouse scroll wheel in the “Twitter” “Message Feed” window does not work
Fixed – Triggering a Live preview swap mid transition will not queue shot to preview
Fixed – Unable to change the video adapter
Fixed – Windows Cuing live/preview swap while transforming source in preview causes crash
Fixed – Wirecast should not allow the computer to sleep while streaming or recording to disc
In Depth: Create Subtitles and Captions for Your Videos (Updated!)
Create subtitles and closed-captioning to help your video gain reach and appeal to a wider audience on broadcast and streaming videos.More...
Tips for Wirecast Users Series
This is a 16-part series on everything from captioning to transitions, using Zoom and Wowza, bringing in live guests with Skype, and more.More...
Using Tally Lights with Telestream Wirecast
Tally lights let your on-air personality know which camera is live and what is up next on the agenda. Essentially, its very useful for a multi-camera set up for your live productions.More...
Telestream Wirecast: Streaming Live How-To
Learn how to stream live to your favorite social media sites, like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and more with this tutorial series from Telestream.More...