Easily Generate dynamic Digital Elevation Models and georeference them in real-time to your world imagery.
CinemaPlugins DEM Earth automatically downloads the data it needs to build the model you want. All you have to do is provide a Geographic coordinate. Produce real-time interactive and dynamic landscapes which you can pan, zoom and animate and place anything on, in any way you want.
Some of the New Release 3 highlights
- Geo Modifier – Map any polygon, spline or point based object onto DEM Earth.
- Track Graph – Make an instant graph out of a gpx track, or any spline.
- Poly Importer – Import country, county, regional borders using the osmosis poly format.
- Smart Extruder – vastly improved. Better caps, better UVW mapping, less polygons.
- Smart OSM – New Interpolation and surface offset settings, deliver what you need.
- DEM Earth Object – improved UVW, to make baking, much easier.
DEM Earth Includes
- DEM Earth Generator – A real-time landscape generator which automatically downloads and caches DEM data for you, for the entire world
- PinPoint Object – Used for placing any 3D object on DEM Earth landscape with ability to dynamically scale and move with the landscape
- Way Object – A flexible spline Generator for Visualizing paths between objects on the landscape
- Coverage Command – Visualize what DEM files you have already cached
- GeoPointConverter – together with the Tools4D OpenStreetMap importer,easily overlay massive OSM data sets onto DEM Earth
- GPX Importer – Easily import Tracks,Routes and Waypoints. Drag and drop your gpx file into C4D, DEM Earth does the rest.
- World File Import – drag and drop industry standard World files into C4D and DEM Earth will create the landscape for you and overlay your image automatically
- *ASC height Import – Embed super high res height, commercial DEM or DSM data, directly into DEM Earth, using industry standard ASC format (*Esri Grid, WGS84 geographic )
- Direct ASC import – *included. The only way there is, to get a super accurate, non-interpolated, high res landscape data into Cinema4D. This is how easy importing DEM data should be.
- Quickstart guide – Included
- Automatic 90m Dem Data downloader – *Included
- Automatic 30m DEM Data downloader – *Included
- DEM Earth Image Downloader – *Included. Easily capture web-based images from a multitude of open sources, with unparalleled ease.
- GeoCoding Tool – *included. Both coding and inverse coding to get coordinates from names, and names from coordinates.
*Account functions linked to your product support
- CINEMA 4D R13, R14, R15, R16, R17, R18, R19, R20
- Studio, Visualize, Broadcast and Prime, Student.
- C4dLite (Cineware) is NOT supported.
- Supports all render engines.
- Both Mac & PC builds are included.
- 64 bit only.
- Team Render support.
For floating licenses, you will need to buy the same number of licenses as your floating license permits.
View License Types (Pops)
v3.6.3 and 3.12 (June 2019 (R20 and earlier versions)
The updates are v3.63 for Cinema R20 and v3.12 for pre-R20.
This is a free update for any license purchased during or since September 2018
This is a free update if you have paid for a DEM Earth for R20. In all other cases, you need to upgrade your DEM Earth license to the R20 version. Your support needs to be up-to-date to get your node lock changed to your R20 number.
v3.32, April 2019 (R20 Mac + Win)
- Added – Some useful info to the downloader tab (Tile count, image size etc.)
- Complete rebuild – of the MACOS version. This was an absolute nightmare.
- Changed – DEM Earth prefs are now grouped under CinemaPlugins..com prefs.
- Fixed – Several OSM importer bugs..
- Fixed – OSM bug causing strange lines. this was due to me using UInt32 instead of Int64 for node id’s
- Fixed – Drag drop ASC import was being clipped.
- Added – 32bit tiff single channel height map export from the image loader. This lets you export the height map for use as displacement.
- Fixed – Bug where the setting for image preview size was ignored.
- Changed – Welded image output to tiff format. this dramatically improves load and preview refresh time.
- Faster – Tile welding pass
- Added – Threaded texture downloader. up to 100x faster downloads depending on your CPU and bandwidth.
Version 3.22 Sept 18th 2018
- Fixed- OSM server not responding specifically on MAC, in R20.
Version 3.20 Sept 1st 2018
- Adds CINEMA 4D R20 Compatibility
- Fixed- OSM server not responding sometimes
Version 3.12 Aug 21st 2017
- Fixed – a problem stopping ASC files from loading.
- Added – another layer to the new map layer list.
- Added – new function in georeference tag, that lets you embed/displace with textures.
Version 3.1 Aug 16th 2017
- Fixed – a problem stopping DEM Earth from working fully with C4D R19.
- Fixed – missing UV Coordinates, making baking textures a bit strange.
- Fixed – missing Map Tile Servers.
- Added – new map tile servers.
- Fixed – various bugs and changes.
Version 3.08 Nov 18th 2015
- Fixed- a problem preventing old scenes loading with 3.07, if they contained embedded height data
- Improved – increased the maximum area of a GPX track to 1000km
Version 3.07 Nov 17th 2015
- Changed – prefs password is now masked after entry
- Added – prefs option “Center After Embed” decide if DEM earth should center on your embed data, when you add it.
- Added – custom server to prefs.Use your image server with DEM Earth.
- Fixed – some issues with gradient refresh.
- Improved – gradient height values can now go below zero (needed for bathemetry)
- Improved – Massive speed up with DEM Earth tile extraction.
- Fixed – multiple minor issues.
Version 3.01 Oct 7th 2015
- SMART OSM – new setting “Levels” imports building levels, where available, and reflects this in the extruder.
- SMART OSM – finds more height values.
- SMART Extruder– got a new “Levels” setting.
- SMART Extruder– Status update bar.
- Several bug fixes and improvements.
Version 3.00 Sept 10th 2015
- New – Geo Modifier – Map any polygon, spline or point based object onto DEM Earth.
- New – Track Graph – Make an instant graph out of a GPX track, or any spline.
- New – Poly Importer – Import country, county, regional borders using the osmosis poly format.
- Improved – Smart Extruder – vastly improved. Better caps, better UVW mapping, less polygons.
- Improved – Smart OSM – New Interpolation and surface offset settings, deliver what you need.
- Improved – DEM Earth Object – improved UVW, to make baking, much easier.
- Lots – of minor bug fixes and improvements
CinemaPlugins DEM Earth Overview Tutorial #gettingstarted
DEM Earth allows users to easily generate dynamic Digital Elevation Models and geo-reference them in real-time to your world imagery. CinemaPlugins has released a new point update to this week that adds improves and adds new features and fixes a few issues. All owners of v2 are advised to update.More...