v7.14.x Resolume Arena Media Server
$232.00 From $220.40
Upgrade From $234.00
Download demos and trial versions, product documentation, free presets and more.
You may download a free Demo after logging in.
Arena expands on Avenue and has advanced options for projection mapping and blending projectors. Control it from a lighting desk and sync to the DJ via SMPTE timecode.
Live Video Mixing
Resolume puts you in charge. You can play your videos when you want, how you want. Forwards, backwards, scratch and adjust tempo to the beat. Mix and match your visuals quickly and easily and play Resolume like an instrument.
Whatever your style is, Resolume offers you an easy interface to rock it. Use as little or as many videos and effects as you like. The only limit is your computer’s raw power and imagination.
From Your Local Club to Main Stage
You can play on any amount of screens. From a simple screen behind the DJ in your local club to the main stage at Ultra. As long as your computer can recognize it as an output, Resolume will let you use it.
Audio Visual Playback
Resolume plays both audio and video files. Animate pixels and drop beats, combine any video file with any audio file.
Audio Visual Effects
Resolume has both audio effects and video effects. Use them separately or combine them to create exciting new audiovisual effects.
Make clips and effects dance to the beat. Resolume can analyze the audio to make any parameter bounce to the music.
Projection-Mapping with Arena
Project video on any type of surface. Complex geometrical structures or whole buildings. Resolume does all the hard work, so you can concentrate on the important part: being creative.
Blend Projectors with Arena
With edge blending, you can seamlessly project one beautiful widescreen image with two or more projectors. It can even wrap around for a full 360-degree experience.
Project on Cars, Buildings or Pumpkins
With Arena, you can take on any size mapping project. From projecting on DJ booths to cars, buildings, and LED mappings on giant stages like Ultra.
LED There Be Light
Think outside the screen and color the lights too! With Arena you can send out colors to DMX fixtures and the lights will be in sync with your visuals.
Live Composite & Effects
Adjust the scale and position of your clips to suit your needs. Apply effects to drastically change the look of your video. Everything runs on the video card so you get the fastest performance and best image quality possible.
Audio & Visual Plugins
All visual effects in Resolume are plugins and you can easily add more effects by download 3rd party plugins. You can even program your own using OpenGL. On the audio side, you can use VST plugins to play your favorite effects.
Integrate With Other Apps
With Syphon on the Mac and Spout on Windows, you can share visuals in real-time between Resolume and other apps running on the same computer. You can even program your own apps that integrate with Resolume.
All Hands on Deck
Liberate yourself from the mouse. Use your favorite MIDI controller or get physical with your iPhone via OSC.
Control from a Lighting Desk
You can control Arena from a lighting desk using DMX. So you can operate the lights and video with the touch of a fader.
With native support for Blackmagic, AJA and Datapath capture cards you can input and output almost any video source.
Video over Network
With NewTek NDI® you can send and receive video between computers on the same network. Use any resolution you like, with an alpha channel, in high quality and low latency.
What’s new in v7.14
What’s New In Resolume 7?
You now have a little guardian angel looking over your shoulder. Made a mistake? Just hit undo and you’re back to where you were. Accidentally removed a deck instead of renamed it? Hit CTRL + Z and all your clips are back. Phew!
Undo is also a great design tool. Feel free to experiment with the look of your clips, apply effects, change the colors and if you do not like what you see you can always go back with undo.
USB License Dongle Option
With the Resolume USB Dongle you have a very flexible way to manage your Resolume Avenue 7 and Arena 7 license.
Register your dongle once and then insert it into any computer you like, start Resolume and it’s registered. A dongle does not require online verification after registration so it’s perfect for use on computers that are kept offline.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a custom quote on the USB dongle.
Color Eye Dropper
Pick a color from anywhere on your screen and apply it in your composition.
Multiple MIDI Devices
What’s better than an APC40? Two APC40’s!
Connecting multiple MIDI devices was always possible but their MIDI signals would get mixed. Resolume can now distinguish MIDI coming from different devices making them work nicely together almost magically.
Improved Random Playback
Random playback was always a bit too … well … random. But you now have a lot more control over random playback. You determine how often it will jump to a new random position and how far it is allowed to jump.
Color Palette Animation
Pink Green Pink Green Pink Green Pink Green
Animate your favorite colors in a color palette.
You can now determine how often a clip should loop before advancing to the next.
MetaBalls, Sine Wave, Spiral
They say it’s more sustainable to buy local produce. So we worked together with The Hague based artist Darien Brito to create a few versatile generators so you can create even more visuals right within Resolume.
Free Updates for 12 Months
Starting with version 7 you receive free updates for 12 months when you buy a Resolume license. After this period you can renew your license to receive updates again. This is not a subscription. Your last eligible update will always continue working. Read our blog post to learn why we’re doing this. Check out this support article for all the details.
Let’s Get Technical
A lot of under-the-hood changes have been made to make Resolume run faster, more efficient and more robust.
Improved Media Manager
Clip reconnecting in the Media Manager is simplified to make it faster and more robust.
FFGL 2.0 Plugins
The FFGL plugin standard is updated to version 2.0. Plugins can now receive Audio FFT input to create audio visualizers. Parameters can be spinners or drop-downs. Parameter ranges can be customized and are not limited to always 0.0 – 1.0 anymore. The documentation & examples are also improved on the GitHub repository.
FFGL 2.0 now requires OpenGL 4.1 so plugins that work in version 6 will not work in version 7, those plugins will need to be updated by the developer who created them.
Native ProRes Playback
Resolume can now play ProRes video on both macOS & Windows. Alley 2.1.0 can convert ProRes to DXV.
With the DXV 3 Codec, you can mix more video layers on a higher resolution than any other codec. How? By doing all the hard work on the hardware that does it best: the video card.
Easy to Use
DXV comes with just a few settings that are designed to deliver maximum performance with minimal loss of quality. Let the codec do the thinking so you can do the mixing.
The DXV codec can also store an alpha channel. This is essential for preserving transparency in complex video compositions.
Adobe DXV Plugins
We have created a set of Adobe DXV exporter & importer plugins that enable rendering with the DXV codec in Adobe Premiere Pro, Media Encoder and After Effects.
Convert to DXV with Alley 2.0
Resolume Alley is a super quick lightweight video player and video converter. It plays all your media files, including DXV files, straight from the file browser. Convert your video files to DXV in just a few clicks.
The DXV Codec is a cross-platform QuickTime codec. Any QuickTime enabled application on Mac and PC can render video files to DXV.
The DXV codec is free and included in the Arena, Avenue, and Alley installers. Check out this support article about DXV to learn how to render your files with the DXV codec.
- Windows 8.1
- AMD or NVIDIA graphics card
- 8GB RAM
- OS X 10.14 Mojave
- AMD or Iris Pro graphics card.
- 8GB RAM
- Windows 10
- i7 Processor, 6 core, 3.7 GHz
- Nvidia RTX 2070
- M2 SSD
- 16 GB Ram
- OS X 10.15 Catalina
- i7 Processor, 6 core, 2.6 GHz
- Radeon Pro 560X
- 16GB RAM
- Dark look to minimize eye fatigue in dark environments
- Single-window layout for most important user interface panes
- Integrated file browser for fast access to media
- Organize clips into decks to load an unlimited amount of preconfigured clips
- Preview the output before it goes live
- Sequence clips using the Autopilot
- Fully automated clip transitions
- Use BPM clock to play media in time with the music
- Synchronize the BPM clock with other applications via MIDI clock
- Freely assignable crossfader
- Cue points to jump to different sections of a video file
- Reloop clips on the fly using the BeatLoopr
- Find and reconnect moved or missing media
- 40+ transitions and blend modes like Add, Lighten, Alpha, and Lumakey to combine layers and transition between clips
- 70+ video effects included that can be applied to clips, layers and the composition
- 3rd party FreeFrameGL plugins
- Unlimited number of effects can be applied to the clips, layers, and composition
- Effect clips enable the same workflow for effects as clips
- Audio effects: Bitcrusher, Distortion, EQ, Flanger, High-Pass, Low-Pass audio effects
- VST audio effects
- Combine video & audio effects to create audio-visual effects
- Control multiple parameters with one dial using the Dashboard
- Quickly save and restore effects presets
- Edge blend multiple projectors to create one seamless image (Arena)
- Amount of outputs limited only by the number of output ports on a video card
- Add more outputs by using a splitter like the Matrox TripleHead or Datapath X4
- Warp video to project onto objects. (Arena)
- Windowed or full-screen output to any computer display.
- Record composition to quickly create new clips
- Play an unlimited number of Quicktime MOV and AVI video files
- Recommended Codecs: DXV, Photo JPEG, ProRes.
- Display PNG & JPEG Images
- Play GIFs
- Maximum video and image size is determined by the maximum texture size of the video card
- Play WAV audio files and the audio track from video files
- Real-time adjust the speed, play direction,
- Set in and out,-point of media files
- Loop, bounce (ping-pong), play once (one-shot)
- Input and Output with Blackmagic Design, Datapath and AJA capture cards
- Input video from other applications via Syphon on the Mac and Spout on the PC
- The streaming video between computers via a network using NDI
- Control via MIDI, DMX, and OSC
- Output and receive DMX via Art-Net compatible devices.
- Synchronize video playback to 2 SMPTE timecode inputs
- Projection Mapping
- Edge Blending
- SMPTE Timecode input
- Denon StageLinq
- DMX Control
- DMX Fixture Output
- Capture Card Output
- Slice Transforms
7.14 improves NDI network streaming and adds a spanking new Grid Cloner effect for Arena & Avenue. Wire gets an all new Attribute Flow & 2D Meshes so you can create very fast cloners yourself. Alley has a completely rewritten rendering and video playback engine using Vulkan instead of OpenGL. And 7.14 also contains tons of bug fixes for all Resolume products. The fix list can be found below, but we had to trim it a bit as over 300 issues are solved in this release.
Arena & Avenue
We fixed a handful of NDI bugs, updated to the latest 5.5 SDK, optimized the formats to YUV instead of RGB so it’s now faster and uses less network bandwidth. Made alpha output optional and NDI outputs are now identified to run at the composition frame rate.
The Linear Cloner and Radial cloner got a new sibling called the Grid Cloner. The Grid Cloner has some cool shifting parameters, so make sure to give it a try. It’s made in Wire of course so you can also clone this cloner to make your own cloner :clown:
There’s a new flow in town! Attribute flow has joined signal and event flow and is indicated by a diamond-shaped inlet/outlet. Attribute flow allows you to change the attributes on nodes. Which means you can dynamically change the size of nodes like Linear, Sequence, Random, Buffer and Expand. This is a huge update to Wire and will make patches much more scalable. Make sure to check out the Attribute Flow example in Wire.
Say hi to 2D meshes! Hi 2D Meshes! Meshes allow you to project a material onto geometry. This opens up the doors to custom cloners, insane repeat effects, rudimentary particle systems and funky pattern generators.
The 2D update introduces a lot of new types like Geometry2D, Camera2D, Material, Mesh2D, Transform2D and Box2D. Learn all about them in the brand new Mesh2D example in Wire. The introduction of Camera 2D also updates the Shape Render to include a camera inlet.
Translation & Rotation Flip
Previously, entering a negative Y value in a Transform or Move node moved a shape up, but this is not how most other software works, and it makes more sense to move an object down when entering a negative value. So we changed this to follow industry standard and common sense, entering a negative Y value now moved objects down in Wire. When loading an older patch we convert the patch and possibly insert a node or two automatically to make sure your older patches still work as expected. Rotation is now also going in the other direction, so a negative value is now rotating clockwise, this follows the industry standard for a right-handed coordinate system.
Choice In Deprecation & Suffixes
This update deprecates two nodes: Choice In and Pack. Deprecation means that the nodes still work, but cannot be created anymore.
The Choice In node is no longer needed as the Int In node now can function as a Choice In node. By adding option counts you can create button and drop-down menus like the Choice In node did. But the Int In is much more flexible in the values that can be assigned to the options and the UI is much cleaner.
Float and Texture Constructors & Convertors
As stated in the previous bit, we are also deprecating the Pack node. We found that many new users found the Pack node confusing and as we are introducing new types the Pack node required a lot of maintenance.
Therefore we are moving to a more logical system of constructors and convertors. Nodes like Float2, Float3, Float4 and Texture allow you to construct that type out of smaller types and essentially replace the Pack node’s functionality. The to float2, to float3, to float4 and to texture nodes allow you to convert one type to another. This change might be a tad bit confusing for early adopters, but in our experience this workflow makes more sense and is much easier to teach to new users.
Bye Bye OpenGL, Hello 🖖 Vulkan
We are transitioning away from OpenGL to Vulkan which is a much newer cross-platform graphics API. Our first major step is now done. Alley runs entirely in Vulkan and does not use OpenGL anymore. Alley now converts video faster, has much improved H.264 playback and can now also output to Syphon or Spout.
Avenue & Arena 7.14.2 Fix List
– #18980 Firewire capture devices not recognized when plugged in while Arena is running on macOS
– #19073 Random parameter animation not animating when speed = 0
– #19080 Triggering this patch in Arena causes a crash often
– #19097 Wire transition not working correctly with transparency
– #19114 Blackmagic Decklink Quad output can mix up color channels
Avenue & Arena 7.14.1 Fix List
– #19042 Arena crashes when slice is dropped on this source patch
Avenue & Arena 7.14.0 Fix List
– #14243 A(+V) clips sometimes don’t play part of the audio
– #13806 Scrubbing AV timeline with midi or OSC, audio position is not updated
– #18736 Crash selecting DMX fixture while editing the name of another one
– #18584 Crash changing shortcut range and selecting another shortcut
– #17969 Check for updates can crash Resolume on M1
– #9642 NDI output frame rate is hard coded to 60 fps
– #16985 NDI output FPS can fall with a high refresh display
– #16953 Acuarala now runs on system time instead of transport time
– #18174 NDI PTZ off by default
– #15300 Fixed a crash that happened while registering on old drivers and unsupported GPU’s
– #17332 Windows 11 is not identified properly in the logs
– #17921 UI actions are blocked during transition with many clip slots, and API enabled
– #18152 Skip effects when parameters are at default state
– #18520 Snapshot adheres to the composition settings
– #18379 mjpeg with weird resolutions play with colors shifted
– #18980 AVFoundation capture devices not recognized when plugged in while Arena is running
Wire 7.14.2 Fix List
– #19066 XY Oscilloscope throws openGL errors in 7.14.1
– #19121 Within/Outside node show OpenGL errors single channel textures
– #19099 Mesh 2D Node should follow the input’s instance count
Wire 7.14.0 Fix List
– #16381 Add the ability to rename input params/nodes in the Dashboard
– #16786 Add “No Repeat” mode to Shuffle node.
– #16878 Crash on close cleaning up Composition Wire effects with slices in them
– #17213 Add a Change Case node to change the case of strings
– #17216 Deprecate Choice in and migrate to Int In
– #17228 Change resolution to work with absolute and relative systems
– #17405 Threshold node: Transparency of Color inlets is ignored
– #17488 Set constants like Pi, Tau and Euler to Attribute Flow
– #17614 Replace feedback scanner with slit scanner example
– #17851 Allow Step and Smooth Step node to be instanced
– #17862 Float2/3/4 constructor nodes
– #17863 Texture constructor node
– #17864 Deprecate Pack and migrate to Float2/3/4 and Texture nodes
– #17874 Expose Instance count for Random node as attribute
– #17901 Modify Wire Patch folders on save
– #17981 Allow Cross Product and Dot Product to be instanced.
– #17984 Add clock to Wire test card
– #18034 Resolution of Video Mixer gets reset to Patch Resolution
– #18084 Add suffixes to input nodes.
– #18150 Allow the instancing of Video Generators
– #18184 Hitting enter while inputting a string or value should not trigger the transport
– #18275 Text render spacing should keep center character at the same position
– #18284 Crop positions move off center with custom resolutions
– #18323 Timeline is suggested but can’t connect
– #18324 Give the Round node the ability to handle Textures
– #18344 Limit Change Buffer & Ring Buffer sizes to prevent freezing
– #18430 Give the Span node the ability to handle Textures
– #16845 Reverse with Events, sends the event on all channels
– #18386 Rectangle with Size 1 should be half the width as a circle with Radius 1
– #16846 Replacing Switch with Gate can cause a crash
Alley Fix List
– #17421 Alley conversion presets missing on Windows
– #13525 Alley download speed drops sometimes
– #18194 Alley stops working when machine goes into sleep
– #18361 Command + Q no worky to exit Alley
Avenue & Arena Fix List
#16974 NDI can flash to old resolution and then breaks after a source size change
#18017 886×1916 NDI source doesn’t play in Resolume
#17060 Crash alt + dragging monitor from main window to create duplicate in new window
#17904 Crash triggering clip to Free layer with Clip time panel enabled, and no free layers available
#17987 Crash replacing clip with another through the API
#18048 Avenue crash on shutdown
#17629 Update check still can happen after deactivating it in preferences
#17817 Creating lots of slices causes crash
#17839 BPM field accepts value outside 20-500 on second try
#17977 Offline registration no worky
#18020 Spinner should change value if you click slowly too
#18047 Not all NDI PTZ parameters are animatable
#18046 NDI PTZ Auto Focus parameter easily overlaps Focus parameter
#18158 Resolume can hang trying to play clip with missing track with Pioneer and Denon sync
Wire Fix List
#17811 Crash saving patch with PDF added as license
#17979 Crash replacing nodes from library
#16319 Watermark Wire MIDI & OSC outputs
#17715 Auto index Input node names if one with same name already exists
#17841 Moving slice input in dashboard, or adding a new input reverts Slice selection to none
#17919 Color selector in the node menu is misaligned
#17983 Do not replace Comment nodes
Clip Time Remaining Panel
One of the most requested features on the forum is to show the clip time remaining much bigger in the interface. So we have created a dedicated panel for the clip time remaining where you can decide what playing clips to see the time of and you can show the current system time. You can make this panel very big and the text will scale along with it so that the entire FOH can read it from a distance . This is super handy for tightly scripted shows where everybody needs to get their timing right.
SMPTE Input Panel
The SMPTE inputs on the toolbar in Arena were a bit small and not very readable from a distance. We have now moved the SMPTE inputs from the toolbar to a panel so you can make it a big as you like, just like the clip time panel.
You can now fade the opacity of each slice individually in the Slice Transform effect. Map the slice opacity to your MIDI controller or even animate it to the beat.
In the Slice Transform effect you can now also set a different scaling for each slice, so you’re not limited to Fit, Fill, Stretch or Mask for all your slices anymore. There is also a new Inverted Mask mode to actually show the pixels outside a slice and not inside.
Multiple Wire Slice Inputs
You can now create multiple slice inputs for your Wire patches. This is nice for creating more complex Wire slice effects like applying different effects to groups of slices.
– + buttons on all parameters
Making small adjustments to any parameter is now much quicker because every parameter has – + buttons next to the slider. Handy!
Shift Click to Fold/Unfold All
Hold down Shift on your keyboard and then click on the fold arrow of an effect and it will fold (or unfold) all effects below it. This also works on the folding arrow for slices in the Slice Transform effect.
Auto Node Layout Improvements
The auto node layout feature that we introduced in beta in the previous version is now improved further and out of beta. This has become an essential tool for us to maintain our sanity in bigger patches.
With the Find node you can find the position of the first or last occurrence of a substring in a string. Finding a needle in a haystack is actually very easy now.
Pioneer DJ Sync!
When using a Pioneer DJ mixer & players, you can automatically sync the audio played by the DJ to a video in Resolume Arena. Arena will keep an eye on what track is loaded in the player; when it sees a linked track, it will play the video for you. This way, your show will be totally automagically in sync. To use this integration you need the free Pioneer DJ Bridge app or ShowKontrol. Checkout all the details in this support article.
Link parameters to CrossFader Position
When animating parameters you can now choose the Crossfader Phase as the driving force for your animation. Checkout this video to see it in action.
3 New Effects
There are now 3 new effects in Arena & Avenue. Slice Delay, WarpSpeed & SearchLight. These new effects are created, and thus, editable in Wire so feel free to improve them to your needs.
Auto-layout for Nodes (beta)
Let’s be honest, bigger wire patches often look like a big bowl of spaghetti meatballs. With wires criss-crossing all over the place, nodes all over the place it’s a mess. But with the auto-layout you can now untangle that mess with the press of a button: CNTRL+L. It tries to minimise cord crossing and nodes overlapping cords as much as possible to maximise readability of the patch. You can apply the auto-layout to only a selection of nodes or of course on the entire patch. Programming this auto-layout was a lot of fun but also very finicky because adding a new rule to improve certain patches actually makes other patches look worse. This is why we’re introducing this as a beta feature. Please try it out and let us know how you think it can be improved on your specific patches. If you do not like the result you just press undo and you’re back to your bowl of spaghetti.
Avenue & Arena Fix List
#17456 DXV3 is missing in ARM After effects Export
#15042 Double clicking a Composition in Finder, Resolume opens last composition on startup
#15043 Option to disable open composition confirm dialog via the command line not working on macOS
#16896 Crash moving Composition monitor out of main window with this ui layout
#16984 Composition NDI Syphon and Spout output can get initialised with wrong resolution
#17141 Preferences option to save snapshot images to different directory than the recordings
#17269 Moving default transform in the effect list creates a copy of the transform
#17369 Clip transport folding no working in the API Example
#17402 Saving presets takes progressively longer with more presets
#17419 Right clicking spout clip on mac causes crash
#17426 Missing FFGL mixers should show a red Missing Mixer message in the layer blend selector
#17473 Add API endpoints for selected layer, group, column and clip
#17516 Some custom OSC shortcuts rewrite the address after you typed them
#17531 Audio tracks can get 5 secs as duration when you drop them into empty clips slots, in a deck which was loaded
Wire Fix List
#15763 Double clicking on compiled Wire-patch does not copy it to patches-folder
#15933 Crash pasting bunch of nodes with Delay after a bunch of nodes with Delay
#16432 Pack in texture mode refuses float as last input, keeps showing red disconnecting wire
#16850 Input order isn’t stored in Copy (for sharing)
#16876 Contextual menu with show in Finder no worky for compiled Wire patches from shared folder
#17033 Merge in texture mode crops textures to patch size
#17150 Add snapping to comment node
#17274 Slice in node gets set to 5 instances on re-open
#17293 Shift node should be in the collection tab instead of logic tab
#17363 Gradient disconnects Bypass when changing Type
#17372 Thumbnail Snapshot should work with Texture Out
#17393 Float fields accept input with two dots
#17438 Wire hangs on exit, with Slice in node, uses lots of memory
#17472 Crash replacing Texture in node with Hub
#17535 Gradient node doesn’t have the precision you’d expect
#17567 Color to Texture to Crop crashes Wire
New Blend Modes Menu
Quickly selecting a different blend mode for a layer was always a bit of a pain in the a$$. You got this huge list of blend modes and transitions but often use only a handful. With the new blend modes dropdown menu you can favourite the blends you use the most and fold down the rest so they are out of the way.
Wire Test Slices
Creating a patch with slice inputs in Wire was like programming blindfolded. There was no way to see what your slices were doing until you loaded the patch in Arena. But now you can enable some dummy test slices on the Slices input node in Wire so you can actually see what you’re doing before loading your patch in Arena.
Wire Fix List
- #15925 String to Float & Int Conversion
- #16387 Choice Input, Buttons or Dropdown
- #16820 ALT + SHIFT Click to select entire “branch” in wire patch
- #16871 Converting Multi-Channel strings into a single channel with Merge Node
- #16872 Add wrapping to the Substring node
- #16884 Add overloads for float2, float3, float4 to Wrap node
- #17017 Dashboard and Choice In can’t show umlauts and other strange characters
- #17027 Make Within node work with instanced texture
- #17037 Crash double clicking monitor source text in monitor panel
- #17065 Video player should not reset play position when clicking play
- #17072 Export can’t be canceled
- #17107 Slice info shape doesn’t match with Slice with weird resolutions
- #17110 Show invalid connection on load as red cord
Arena & Avenue Fix List
- #17075 External Key/Fill with Blackmagic cards does not work as expected
- #16708 Transform positions from v6 clip can translate to wrong position in v7
- #16888 Turn on ZeroConfig for WebServer
- #16940 Render from mp4 can have crackling at the peaks
- #17021 Mouse sets color on both mousedown and mouse release on color picker, should only do it on down
- #17079 AV clips can reset their in/out point going from 7.8 to 7.9
- #17109 Crash unplugging thunderbolt hub
- #17114 Text parameters are missing from the REST-API
- #17124 Crash opening Advanced output with v6 AdvancedOutput.xml
Preview Advanced Output Screens & CrossFader
Since version 7.7 you can create as many preview monitors you like and directly monitor layer and groups. We’re now taking this one step further by introducing preview monitoring of screens from the advanced Output and the CrossFader. Open the monitor menu by clicking on the radar icon in the bottom right of every monitor.
Node Library Search Improvements
Version 7.9 changes the way you patch in Wire forever. The Node Library with search can now be brought up by double clicking on inlets & outlets and by double clicking on a wire. This makes patching sooo much faster! You can also now select a node, press CMD + ENTER on macOS and CTRL + ENTER on Windows to open the node library, search what you’re looking for and press enter to the create the node, this way you can use the mouse even less and patch even faster.
Installing Wire Patches
Drop a compiled Wire patch onto Arena and Avenue and it will be copied to the correct folder and show up in the Wire category on the Effects and Sources panels instead of listed as a “normal effect”.
Avenue & Arena Fix List
#14279 Update to FFmpeg 4.3
#16853 Swagger.yaml has wrong value type for clip Connected
#16584 Stutter when loading & triggering a clip with Syphon input
#16600 Recalling cue point when AV clip is paused, audio position is not recalled
#16691 Dongle no worky any more under Monterey
#16746 Green color fringing when outputting via Blackmagic cards
#16763 Option for Footage Installer to not launch app in /SILENT mode
#16838 Crash clearing clip slot through API
#16839 Black BG in Chinese translation says Black Beijing
#16842 Blend params can get lost when copying effect
#16854 Clearing layer through REST-API does not work
Wire Fix List
#16680 Crash inserting Pack before Node which already has float 4 connected to other inlet
#16688 Snapshot can create image from wrong node, move Snapshot to Node menu
#16754 Length isn’t multi-class
#16755 Welcome dialog doesn’t show thumbnails in recents
#16770 Crash connecting multichannel nodes using wire drop on background with nodes not accepting multi channel input
#16885 Bloom and Pixel blur are broken in Wire on M1 with Montere
We have created a few examples that are very useful already. For Arena & Avenue there is a basic clip triggering webpage that is a great companion next to your MIDI controller to trigger your most important clips, you can easily identify them because they show the clip thumbnail and highlight when they are playing just like Avenue & Arena. There is also a basic recreation of the Arena & Avenue interface in a webpage to show that you can control almost anything.
For Wire there is a basic example that shows the input parameters for the current patch so you can preview and control it from any web browser, including your phone.
These examples are bundled with 7.8 and run out of the box but they are also open source projects so you can use them as a starting point for your own custom interfaces.
You enable the REST-API and webserver in the Preferences.
7.8.0 Fix List
#14883 Preserve Alpha with Chroma Key effect
#16460 Chroma Key Edge Blur eats my GPU
#16695 Dragging the default transform to other targets should make a removable copy
#16767 Remove Custom from transport mode defaults
#16696 Bloom and Iterate not working properly on M1
#16658 Midi device is ignored if device connected after Wire starts
#16677 Multichannel texture support for logic nodes
Multiple Preview Monitors
You can now make as many preview monitors as you like. Become a creepy surveillance guy and spy on all your layers, groups and your composition at the same time in Avenue and Arena. Right click on a monitor to duplicate it and use the cogwheel at the bottom right to change what you want to monitor. In Wire you can now also create multiple preview monitors and pin them to any node you like.
Effect & Source Favorites
With so many effects and sources you are sure to have some favorites. With the release of version 7.7 you can now favorite your effects and sources. Simply click the heart icon to favorite an effect or source and they will show up at the top of the lists, within easy reach.
Wire Color Picker
Wire got a new color picker! You can now also construct colors with HSB-sliders, lock colors in a palette and use the built-in color harmonies to create tight designs. All color pickers (yes, Arena and Avenue too) can now be locked horizontally by holding down the SHIFT-key or vertically by holding down the ALT-key
Avenue & Arena Fix List
#16375 Test Card Shortcut: Command + Shift + L (♥ Arvol)
#16216 Press ESC to cancel drag action
#16407 Default is missing from Transform’s presets
#16565 Make SMPTE and Denon transport modes available for Wire patches
#16628 Clips sometimes change direction when adjusting composition speed
#16421 Crash clicking Transform’s preset button while composition is still loading.
#16360 Dragging panel above another, increases panel group width
#16167 Fixture not fitting in spanned universes gives error to enable universe spanning
#16278 Undoing Clear clips on an inactive deck doesn’t restore clips in the deck
#16325 Rendering multi selection of clips which have the same name, you get only one render file
#15968 Effect and source previews disconnect when moving mouse around over layers
#16376 Dropping multiple cwired to Resolume they don’t get installed
Wire Fix List
#16567 Distortion example
#16134 Inserting crossfader into texture causes crash
#16344 Replacing Video source/ Texture node with HUB breaks connections
#16587 Same version number for Arena, Avenue, Alley and Wire: 7.7.0
We’ve taken the layouts to a whole new level with this update.
Arena, Avenue and Wire now have undockable panels.
This feature lets you create custom multi-screen interfaces with ease.
Wire now has moveable panels, so you can create custom UI’s that fit your needs.
To continue this wave of customization, we would like to introduce you to colored nodes.
Color coding nodes helps you to organize your patch.
In addition to this we’ve given the comment node the option to be hollow.
This helps you to group nodes together, all in the name of beign organized!
You can now export the video from your patch directly from Wire.
After you’ve made your latest Wire masterpiece you can easily export it to a video file using the brand new Video Exporter. The Video Exporter inherits all it’s features from the Arena/Avenue exporter, so expect all your favorite codecs to be included.
Wire has a new tab called the Dashboard.
In the Dashboard you can reorder your input nodes.
The order you make in the Dashboard will be the order that shows up in the Arena/Avenue interface when running your patches.
Wire Fix List
#15722 Crash trying to open patch from Host
#15750 Video Exporter
#15762 String node float precision maxes at 6 decimals
#15778 Pack node upgrade by allowing composited inputs
#15856 Some compiled patches make Arena crash on startup
#15878 Directory watcher doesn’t notice patch changes, when using Russian patch names
#15889 Time, SystemTime and Date have no suggestions
#15811 Trigger delay sometimes outputs twice
#15901 Removing Bool in Float path breaks connection
#15932 Average on multichannel texture goes to Alpha gradually
#15949 Crash with midi feedback on IAC driver
#15953 Midi Bank select support
#15962 Crash deleting Onchage in some patches
#15963 Node search result now order from more relevant to less relevant
#15964 Add aspect ratio information to the patch info node
#15999 Print Node now supports OSC messages
#16010 Loading tutorials and examples is now done asynchronous, decreasing boot time
#16013 Midi Write nodes can say unknown or no options on event input out of the range of int 1-16
#16023 Show MIDI messages in the Print node
#16086 Comment Node Outline/Transparent option
#16231 Not Equal node is now correct for float2, float3, float4
#16259 Replace Wire Inspector panel with separate Patch and Node panels
#16331 Wire crashes when enabling vsync after monitor panel drag
#15843 Span with size 1 thinks it is instanced
#15890 Gradient Palette, Linear and Sequence are missing from suggestions
#16055 Wire crashes using text render with lots of installed fonts
#16238 Transform node in texture mode, you need to multiply anchor x by aspect ratio to get expected results
#16292 Resource is not released when loading a different patch
#16321 Wire crashes with long inputs in ISF
#16438 OpenGL Error when unpacking DXV files
Avenue & Arena Fix List
#14495 Paste audio effects not redone.
#14765 Clip toggle OFF doesn’t respect beat snap
#14823 Update NDI to v5
#14979 Duplicating slices when you have already a lot, changes slice’s and other slice’s look
#15140 BPM synced params with start set to clip trigger, can get out of sync with clip transport set up the same way.
#15888 Option to disable update checks
#15910 Resolume doesn’t reconnect to Syphon inputs
#15977 Universes span back to to S0:u0
#15991 High CPU in handling lots of DMX input
#16028 Some Solid color sources load saturation at 0 instead of the default 1
#16037 Rendering image sequence clip, only first frame is included in the render
#16115 Panels can get placed to the wrong place moving them around
#16122 8k options missing for decklink 8k capture card
#16144 Update minimum requirements to macOS 10.12
#16152 Slice outlines and corner handles are not aligned at high zoom
#16250 Sort Advanced Screen Setup presets by name
#16379 Patch installation fails if the shared Patch folder doesn’t exist yet
#16409 Effect in panel doesn’t resize when loading presets
Wire Fix List
#15688 Multi-line support for String In, String, Concatenate and Substring
#15694 Wire doesn’t boot for user names with non-ascii characters in their name (like ñ and ö)
#15698 Added Polygon and Distance Lines shape nodes. Negate now also works on shapes, and added Move for cheaper shape translations
#15706 Crash when adjusting or requesting the datatype or flow in input nodes (resulting in some crashes in other nodes too)
#15714 Default ISF shader comes with some documentation
#15724 Wire crashes when Resolume shuts down its Syphon/Spout output
#15725 MIDI input device disappears when trying to enable
#15727 Added new examples: Screen Shake, Loops, Moving Bars and Gamma Correction
#15733 Added Count Lines, Count Words, Read Line and Read Word nodes, for all your lyric handling needs
#15734 Clamp doesn’t support multi instance with float2, 3 and 4
#15751 Crash setting Expand to event flow
#15754 Renamed Toggle’s input to Flip
#15755 Transport Play sends out Is Playing
#15758 Equal and Not Equal now work on strings too
Avenue & Arena Fix List
#15300 Crash trying to register on some old drivers or some unsupported GPU
#15294 Having more then one instance of a Wire source loaded in Arena and saving it in the editor causes a crash
#15736 Dropping sources to the clip grid not working in Avenue 7.4
#15738 Transition set to Random is not really random, picks one blend, then uses that for every transition
#14074 Doing a clean install on Windows, Example.avc is not copied and loaded on startup
#14781 Crash switching decks
#14813 Playing this mp4 with wrong AAC-audio PTS values crashes Alley on windows
#14817 Capture color conversions are inaccurate
#14881 Undo-redo column insertion breaks with groups sometimes
#14935 Midi (by position) shortcut no worky after undoing group column insert
#14956 Text Animation doesn’t leave a valid context
#14987 L fixtures send different value than expected
#15005 Video mixer gets garbage texture from somewhere
#15023 Media Manager freezes trying to reconnect a file with a different name
#15143 Capture input starts to trail in feedback
No new features, just lots of bug fixes.
#10410 Crash renaming slice or lumiverse in Advanced output
#14401 Crash trying to draw new font
#14768 Crash trying to convert with start marker moved from 0
#14782 Crash showing file in explorer from other deck
#14788 Crash clicking on register offline with language set to Chinese
#14801 Crash loading GB18030 bitmap font in text animator
#14802 Crash playing AV file with wrong duration set in AVPacket
#14835 App fullscreen resize freezes Arena on Big Sur
#14750 BMD ATEM mini not working on OSX Big Sur
#14687 Transparency lost from camera capture, like Nvidia broadcast
#14793 OBS camera clip doesn’t update texture
#14819 NDI clips don’t get a server selected dropping them to your composition
#14823 Update NDI libs in installers
#10289 Audio Cracks when Starting and Stopping an Audio File
#11536 Some gifs don’t play till the end
#13574 Identify display shows a different number than the output menu and ASS
#14445 Notify user when saving composition fails – Windows Controlled folder access
#14625 Play next clip breaks on clips which need to be relocated
#14652 Moving decks the deck list flashes positions
#14664 Setting Shortcut to Toggle, max value is kept from Value mode, slider shows wrong position
#14668 “No output device” selection resets to first in the list when audio device is added or removed
#14744 AV renders with files with different length audio and video streams get aborted
#14761 This composition has font-baseline wrong with ‘Character’-animation
#14917 Text block line width is not breaking lines any more
#14767 Redo duplicate layer group column seems to break with two groups
#14825 Re-doing group column duplicate breaks if you undo too far
#14838 Relative play mode jumps to wrong position
#14843 Opening pre 7.3 compositions from the Composition panel, effects are not loaded
#14846 Recording with no empty column in layer 1 causes crash
#14857 AV recording only gets a 35 minutes long audio track
#14931 Prores 4444 XQ with alpha plays incorrect
#14374 Prores renders and recordings are not recognized properly by Adobe
New Clip Trigger Style: Toggle
With the Toggle Clip Trigger Style you can click on a clip to start it, click it again to stop instead of the default restart. Click, start, click, stop. Start. Stop. Start Stop. Start. Stop!
NDI PTZ Optional Options
The Pan, Tilt & Zoom options on NDI cameras are now optional so you can control PTZ externally and Arena will not apply the PTZ when you do not want it.
- #14778 Acuarela effect can not be found in composition
- #14790 Acuarela destroys alpha channel
- #14779 Text renderers render lines with an offset, sizing text moves vertical line center
- #14783 Can’t shortcut map crossfader
- #14785 Cue point set button shortcuts no worky
- #14374 Prores renders are not recognized properly by Adobe
- #14414 Infinite Zoom effect needs a reset button
- #14430 This Clip shortcuts show like they are not assigned any more after adding layers, weirdly they still work
- #14494 Speed(multiplier) slider of transport can be changed with scroll wheel when mouse is over
- #14499 Soft edge parameters should hide when soft edge is off
- #14566 Keyboard shortcut in Value mode sets param both on key down and key up
- #14624 “This…” Midi shortcuts break after a few triggers in 7.3.1
- #14717 Crash loading composition with envelope end point moved from range end
- #14730 Crash changing layer/column/clip color via top layer menu
- #14731 Crash setting mask effect Image parameter to Timeline
- #14733 Crash when dragging envelope end keyframe
Resolume 7.3.0 has start options for parameter animations. You can now determine when a parameter animation starts and re-triggers as well as playing BPM parameter animations out of the global BPM phase. 7.3.0 also contains two new generators; Abstract Field and Tunnelines. A picture in picture mixer (PiP). Two new effects; Acuarela and Tilt Shift. And of course, as usual, a lot of small bug fixes.
Parameter Start Settings
When you set a parameter to animate on a Timeline or BPM Sync you now have some extra options to determine when exactly it is started and re-triggered. What this does exactly is hard to describe in words, but we tried anyway here. It’s best shown by example so check out the video that explains it all.
Upgraded FFGL to v2.2
With FFGL version 2.2 developers can more easily debug their plugins and group parameters together. All details are on our GitHub repo.
Compositions saved in version 7.3.0 are not fully backward compatible with older versions like 7.2.1 This is not usually a problem but you should be aware of this when for instance sharing a composition with others. Once saved in 7.3.0 you should always open in 7.3.0 (or higher).
Abstract Field Generator
Picture in Picture Mixer (PiP)
Tilt Shift Effect
HOTFIX Wed 18 Nov
#14711 Bounce breaks for BPM params on clip restart
#14712 Clip params in BPM Random stop animating on clip re-connect
#14678 Denon prime connection fails if player is started after Resolume, breaks after player got disconnected from network
#14706 Run Vulkan RunTimeInstaller during installation
#14587 Crash Increasing Audio buffer size with EQ VST on composition
#14424 Crash right clicking on clip while deck still loading
#14427 Crash trying to render clip with missing tracks
#14468 Crash trying to add fixture to copied v6 fixtures
#14391 Crash on render when antivirus blocks Resolume access to rendering folder
#14407 Crash changing NDI resolution
#14362 Popups & menus getting stuck sometimes
#13907 UI stops responding on clip transition with lots of video routers/effect clips
#14389 UI hangs with many Video routers when I crank the composition speed
#14418 Renders of BPM synced loops are jumpy, first/last frames of file is a duplicate of the second/last but one
#13877 Playing motion jpeg at odd resolution shows skewed
#14125 Files with apostrophe and & in name are not reconnected loading a collected composition
#14387 Undoing effect move can leave param assigned to dashboard where effect was moved from
#14419 Paste effects leaves clip position and dashboard assignments for params disconnected
#14420 Soft edge parameters are not reloaded properly on restart
#14498 Soft edge Black level compensation is applied when Soft edge is off
#14353 Removing a clip in Alley sets list position below playing clip
#14532 Don’t convert custom OSC Output Address to lowercase
#14404 Add Save and Quit option to quit confirmation
#13393 Audio effect renaming
#14595 Copy new factory (default) presets to Documents folder
#14653 Reveal In Finder for Envelope and Color Palette presets in Preset Manager Window not working
#14372 Layer mixer parameters don’t reconnect to Transition phase and dashboard on composition open
Version 7.2.1 has a redesigned dialog windows and fixes a bunch of bugs.
- #13737 Clip with ProRes 4444 + alpha reverts alpha type setting
- #13739 This ProRes clip with alpha displays differently on mac and windows with premultiplied alpha
- #14165 Playing h264 in random can crash
- #13824 Position field on Clip playhead doesn’t show selecting paused clip again
- #13920 Scaling / sampling in the Advanced output lets pixels bleed
- #14001 Slice transform in mask mode lags a lot after ASS changes
- #14098 Long fixture names overlap a lot in Advanced output
- #14005 Crash waking the machine from sleep with NDI clip loaded
- #14184 renaming Fixture parameter to same name as another one, renaming it again changes different channel name
- #14198 Crash clearing capture clips
- #14346 7.2.0 can hang with advanced output open on windows
- #14020 Moving group below itself, layer order can change in group
- #14349 Can’t move group below a layer below
- #13478 Alpha channel support for HD-SDI outputs with BMD capture cards
- #14354 Multiple inputs on AJA Kona 4 show glitchy
- #14361 DataPath boards not loading
- #14362 Popups & menus getting stuck sometimes
- #14355 Alley, Crash trying to convert with an unsupported file in the list
- #14378 Rendering a paused clip, the render gets the first clip frame instead the one at the paused position
With version 7.2 we’re making Resolume a bit more useful for content production rather than live performances because … well you know why. So you can now render clips to file with Resolume. Record straight to DXV or ProRes. And Alley can now convert to ProRes and Motion JPEG. ProRes video playback is also much improved. There are 2 news effects: Pixel Blur and Bloom. And the interface text is now rendered with the Noto Sans font.
To make Resolume a bit more useful in your studio for creating content rather than live shows you can now render your clips to disk! Go crazy with sources, shapes, text, add as many effects you like and when you are happy with the result you can render it to a file and share it anywhere you like. Check it out. You’ll find it in the Clip menu: Render to File. Read all the instructions in the Clip Renderer support article.
You can now record straight to DXV 3 or ProRes and it will record at the frame rate set for the composition. All versions of DXV 3 and ProRes are supported so this means you can now preserve alpha in your recordings when you use DXV 3 Normal or High Quality with Alpha or ProRes4444. You’ll find these settings in the new Recording tab of the Preferences and we updated the Recording support article with instructions.
ProRes & Motion JPEG Conversion in Alley
Alley can now not only convert to the DXV 3 codec but thanks to a licensing deal with Apple, Alley can now also render to all flavours of ProRes on both macOS and Windows. And we also added good old Motion JPEG conversion.
Improved ProRes Playback
Playback of ProRes encoded video files is now much much faster so you can actually VJ in pristine image quality using ProRes.
New Effects: Pixel Blur & Bloom
The standard Blur effect in Resolume is built for speed but to do this it needs to sacrifice some image quality. Most of the time it’s good enough but sometimes you just want a pixel precise blur just like you have in Photoshop. Resolume now has a picture perfect blur and it’s called Pixel Blur. Check it out, it’s gorgeous but not as fast and the standard Blur so choose your weapons wisely.
To make a Bloom effect you need a pixel perfect blur and lo and behold, we have this now so we also created a Bloom effect, just because we can. No not just because we can but because it makes your footage look all nice and glowy on the outside, and that makes us feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.
NDI Updated to version 4.5
NDI inside Resolume is updated to the latest version and we managed to fix a few minor bugs so streaming with NDI to OBS should be running nice and smooth.
New Interface Font – Noto Sans
Noto Sans is now used in the Resolume interface. This font supports more characters and has a more consistent look on Chinese and Japanese. The Noto Sans font is also included in the installer so we’re not dependent on what macOS or Windows ship with their operating systems anymore. Noto Sans is an open source font made by Google. Thank you Google, we love you, we hate you, we need you.
Hotfix July 8th
- #14047 Crash on startup after clean Nvidia driver install
- #14108 Groups are lost opening a composition with groups
- #14188 External effects set to default preset show “Missing” blend mode
- #13977 Menus behave weird with touchscreen
- #14030 Denon tracks sometimes are not connected on startup, or when connection to the player is lost
- #14033 Denon clips in new deck can get laggy and cause crash
- #14045 Crash moving external effect opacity fader on composition before transform with no clips playing
- #14061 AV clip in BPM sync flashes random frame hitting resync
- #14062 A(V) BPM Synced clip set to “bpm” instead of “beats” mode does not resync and pause.
- #14086 Timeline animation doesn’t restart on audio parameters
- #14104 Param on random, Speed = 0 used to jump around, doesn’t jump any more
- #14109 Lumiverse output target IP is lost importing ASS preset from Windows v6 to v7
- #14110 Assigning additional parameters to dashboard changes dashboard position
- #14124 Memory leak with playing clips, switching decks
- #14178 Dropdown style multi option selector shortcuts have empty mode on creation
- #13887 NDI with 0% alpha between windows machines has artifacts
- #14035 NDI naming double space (you might need to reconnect your NDI stream)
- #13783 AJA Kona HDMI no worky
Resolume 7.1.2 fixes a few bugs and crashes but also has a much improved Gradient that can now take a palette of multiple colours. You can now link layer parameters to the clip transition phase which allows you to make custom clip transitions from effects.
Hot Fix April 21st
- #14057 Resync button doesn’t reset BPM synced video clip transport
- #14063 Dial Range + Dashboard cause glitchy behaviour
Avenue & Arena 7.1.2 Fix List
- #13832 Crash creating the 257th Lumiverse
- #13917 Crash switching AV clip from BPM to Beats
- #13949 Crash sorting midi messages
- #13954 Crash creating shortcuts while target changed
- #13961 Crash moving renamed effect
- #13973 Crash switching columns while clip param envelope point contextual menu is open
- #13986 Crash dropping source with BPM transport default to create new clip slot
- #13821 Allow midi clock sync with no Clock Start command
- #13959 Option to pre-fill delayed clones with transparent
- #13895 Linear Cloner Tail Rotation not working properly
- #13713 Alpha with Slice + inverted mask in Slice transform behaves incorrect
- #13548 Color Hue at 360 shows magenta instead of red
- #13710 Posterize is black at 0.0
- #13645 Right Click Color to Reset it does not Reset animations of Sub Params
- #13724 Show OSX Icons for Command, Shift and other Modifiers in the PopupMenu’s instead of the words ‘Command’, ‘Alt’ etc.
- #13728 I can’t Clear a Clip that only has it’s name or color set
- #13782 Registration preferences screen is untranslated
- #13823 Shift + moving end points for checkbox, and combobox params makes other end point flash values
- #13837 Clip panel monitor shows the wrong clip when the panel is updated by layer select
- #14006 Clip panel monitor shows previously selected clip on column launch
- #13846 Layer and group parameter envelopes can get lost
- #13898 New layers in groups only show up after selecting another layer or clip
- #13960 Groups can break apart when dragging layers
- #13901 OSC /composition/tempocontroller/tempo/divide and multiply f 0-1 tries to set BPM directly
- #13950 Shortcuts get deselected when clips are launched via other types of shortcuts
- #13936 Crop Effect with Jitterbug blend on composition before transform can cause crash
- #13958 BPM synced Video clips load with 8 beats duration from v6 to v7
Alley 2.1.8 Fix List
- #14025 Crash trying to convert this file on windows
- #13537 Alley crashes on exit while converting
- #13849 Reordering files, Drop targets in Alley have a very small area, makes re-ordering hard
- #13850 Dropping AV and Audio only clip to Alley, AV clip will play audio only
- #13852 Alley plays / glitches audio samples from files in multi selection on drop
The Snowy effect is back and accumulates more than ever. Get ready to count down to New Years Eve. You can now animate the lines in text fields in Resolume. Type 10, 9, 8, 7, etc. on every line and then animate to count down.
- #13666 Crash dropping clip to layer thumbnail from finder replacing already playing clip
- #13676 Audio effect presets make Resolume crash
- #13689 Shaper effect crashes on Catalina 10.15.2
- #13657 Renaming solid color effect no worky
- #13663 Add Manual Spawn to Particle System
- #13697 Text Animator: Accentuated characters break line breaks
- #13696 Text animator moving text + Text param animating, crashes editing text
- #13643 Text animator doesn’t find words and lines with Korean font and text, animates as a whole
Resolume Arena & Avenue Basics #gettingstarted
This group of tutorials walk you through the basics of using Resolume and the essentials for running a show. Load your content, apply effects and play it on your projector. Plus, you will also learn the terminology and workflow that is used throughout other Resolume tutorial.More...
Resolume Arena and Avenue 4 Tips from DocOptic
Here are a couple of great tutorials from DocOptic that will teach you how to get the most out of your Resolute Arena and Avenue 4 experience!More...
Freebie: Resolume Arena & Avenue 4
This Resolume tutorial from DocOptics will show you the inner workings of Effects Clips and it comes with a useful freebie!More...