Freebie/Tutorial: Build your own Gingerbread House or Candy Wonderland in 3D
Instead of giving you a straightforward tutorial on how to make something exactly how it is, we’re doing this one more like a recipe. We’ll give you some ingredients and you use your knowledge and creativity to come up with your own sweet project! Have fun!
Making of Gingerbread House by Egor Goray for Evermotion
In the tutorial Making of Gingerbread House by Egor Goray for Evermotion, Egor uses V-Ray and zBrush. The image above is an example of this tutorial. Isn’t it fun and inspiring!
Tutorial: Modeling, Texturing & Rendering a Gingerbread Man in Cinema 4D
This is a 2 part series at Tuts+.
Tutorial: Modeling, Texturing & Rendering a Gingerbread Man in Cinema 4D – Part 2
Create Christmas Cookies In Cinema 4D
Niko Schatz explains how to make some fancy decorated cookies.
How To Create A Cupcake In Cinema 4D
This is probably a bit too creamy for a real gingerbread house but it would be super cute in 3D. EJ Hassenfratz of eyedesyn shows you how to make a cupcake and frosting.
Peppermint Candy in Cinema 4D tutorial
This tutorial is a few years old but still very useful.
How To Make A Candy Cane Text Animation In Cinema 4D
Nick at Greyscalegorilla put this tutorial up several years ago but it’s still as sweet as ever.
Free Cinema 4D R13 SSS Jelly Beans Model
This is a freebie from The Pixel Lab that uses Subsurface Scattering (SSS).
12 Seamless And Delicious Cookie Textures
Download a dozen seamless cookie textures that you can tile them without seeing any borders. They’ll work great on your gingerbread house or on cookie text. They can be used commercially non-commercially without attributions or credits.
Some new features in R20:
- MoGraph Fields – Offer unprecedented content creation possibilities to the procedural animation toolset in MoGraph. The Fields feature in Cinema 4D R20 makes it possible to efficiently control the strength of the effect using any combination of falloffs – from simple geometric shapes to shaders and sounds to objects and mathematical formulas. Fields can be mixed and combined with one another in a layer list. Effects can be re-mapped and grouped in multiple Fields to control Effectors, Deformers, weights and more.
- Volume-based modeling – The OpenVDB-based Volume Builder and Mesher in Cinema 4D R20 offer an entirely new procedural modeling workflow. Any primitive or polygon object (including the new Fields objects) can be combined to create complex objects using Boolean operations. Volumes created in R20 can be exported sequentially in OpenVDB format and can be used in any application or render engine that supports OpenVDB.
- Node-based material system – More than 150 different node-based shaders offer customers a new and streamlined workflow to quickly and conveniently create shading effects from simple reference materials to highly complex shaders. The existing standard material system’s interface can be used to get started with the new node-based workflow. Node-based materials can be made available as parametric assets with a reduced interface.
- CAD Import – Cinema 4D R20 offers seamless drag and drop import for common CAD file formats such as Solidworks, STEP, Catia, JT, and IGES. The scale-based tessellation feature of the import function offers individual control of the level of detail for impressive visualizations.
- ProRender improvements – The GPU-based ProRender in Cinema 4D lets customers utilize the power of the GPU to create physically accurate renders. In R20, key features such as Subsurface Scattering, motion blur, and multi-passes are now available. Other enhancements in ProRender include updated code, support for Apple’s Metal2 graphics technology and the use of out-of-core textures.
- Core Modernization – The modernization efforts of the Cinema 4D core architecture and foundational technologies MAXON announced in 2017 are now more tangible and mature in Release 20. This is marked by a series of significant API adaptations, the new node system, and the modeling and UI framework.
Posted by Kim Sternisha