News: New Demos Added at Toolfarm
We have added or updated 5 demos to our ever growing collection of free trials. The demos give you chance to take a plug-in for a spin and kick the tires, so you can get a feel for how it works, and if it works with your system. Try one today! We update this page every 2 weeks, so bookmark it and check back often to see the new offerings.
Updated March 29, 2021
New Demos at Toolfarm
- Luxion Keyshot
- ExLevel GrowFX for 3ds Max
- Audified AmpLion 2 Rock Essentials
- FXHOME Imerge Pro 2021
- Laubwerk Plants Kit v1.0.37
What’s new in Keyshot?
KeyShot 10.1 includes basic Collision Detection of objects, along with the ability to Settle items on other objects and the ground. Included in the new Move Tool, Collision Detection and Settle is useful for scene setup when objects need a more realistic arrangement on the ground or amongst other objects. Collision Detection may also be used separately as an easy way to align objects while keeping them aware and separate from other objects in the scene.
Smart Export/Import Enhancements
KeyShot 10.1 introduces the ability to export a KeyShot file into separate USDz and GLB files as part of one export process that performs the Baking and UV unwrapping together, allowing easy creation of files that work for both Apple iOS (USDz) devices and Android/Web (glTF/GLB). Baking and UV Unwrapping can now also be canceled. USD import has also been added to the Import options for KeyShot to allow you to advance the appearance of their model then export it to multiple AR platforms.
For the Light Manager, KeyShot 10.1 introduces the ability to select and control multiple lights simultaneously, making proportional adjustments to the entirety of a scene’s lighting or select lighting, fast and efficient. KeyShot 10.1 also improves Light Gizmo and Light Manager usage by introducing the ability to sync changes and undo changes using Ctrl-Z (Windows)/command-Z (Mac) or via the Edit, Undo menu.
Keyframe Animation Enhancements
KeyShot 10.1 introduces the ability to select multiple keyframes at once from within the Animation Timeline, using Ctrl (Windows)/command (Mac). Additionally, multiple keyframes may be copied and pasted along the same node using Ctrl-C + Ctrl-V (Windows)/command-C + command-V (Mac) or pasted as mirrored. Lastly, Custom Easing Curves may now also be edited for multiple animations at once.
KeyShot Portal is a new platform that allows you to access and manage their KeyShot trial licenses, streamlines license management for Luxion sales, support and licensing, and lays the groundwork for subscription product license options in the future.
ExLevel GrowFX for 3ds Max New
GrowFX is a plugin for Autodesk® 3ds Max®, allowing you to generate any plants and trees, as well as animate them.
ExLevel GrowFX allows you to create extremely realistic trees thanks to a special technology named “Meta mesh”. With Meta mesh, it is possible to combine a trunk and branches into a single surface with smooth transitions at the points of contact. Meta mesh can also create tree trunks of any shape.
Audified AmpLion 2 Rock Essentials New
Make your guitar roar
Get incredibly sounding rock tones from three exceptionally modeled amps in a new generation of our AmpLion software.
A complete revamp of our long-standing AmpLion Pro guitar software. Now with much more detailed models, new features, and totally re-designed GUI. A gear collection based exclusively on absolute rock staples!
FXHOME Imerge Pro 2021 Updated
Next generation image editing software
Create professional photo composites with unlimited layers and zero baked-in changes. Unlike other programs, Imerge Pro is the first photo editing software to keep your image data RAW and your layers self-contained. Every edit is live. Every change is flexible.
- Added an export queue, which allows you to see your exports much more clearly. It also allows you to continue editing while doing batch exports.
- Layered exports, which gives the ability to export your project as individual layers.
- More options for resizing during export, available for batch exporting and canvas exporting.
- A tag replacement-based export rename feature allows you to specify a file pattern with tags, which are replaced per export, along with custom text.
- Hot Folders, which will auto-import images added to a specified folder and export them as well, if the Hot Folder is running.
- PSD/PSB export allows you to export each layer of your composite into a single PSD/PSB file and continue with it in Photoshop.
- HitFilm Composite Shot export lets you quickly and easily take your composite and continue with it in HitFilm, including each layer with its position, scale, and rotations.
- A new Magnify effect allows you to magnify areas on your image and controls to distort and bulge the magnification.
- A new Leave Color effect lets you easily pick a color to retain while turning everything else black and white.
- A new Lens Blur effect allows you to create stunning images simulating a narrow depth of fields, including vivid and highly customizable bokeh.
Laubwerk Plants Kits v1.0.37 Updated
Laubwerk Plants Kits enable architects, CG artists, and VFX specialists to insert photo-realistic tree models into their 3D scenes quickly and easily, avoiding the usual slowdowns from overly complicated parameters or excess memory usage. Laubwerk makes this possible by providing just the right amount of options in their 3D tree models, without overwhelming the user or their computer. Each tree model comes in three shapes, with three ages, and four seasons per shape. Adjustable detail level settings mean that each tree looks great without slow navigation or long rendering times.
- Added support for Autodesk 3ds Max 2022
- Updated and expanded the help for our SketchUp Player
- Fixed mesh errors affecting a few plants
- Fixed a bug with V-Ray 2 rendering in SketchUp
- Various material enhancements
- Miscellaneous other bug fixes
See all our free demos here.
Featured image by: Charles Etoroma via Unsplash
Posted by Kim Sternisha