2023 Boris FX Mocha Pro Annual Subscription
Upgrade From $295.00
Download demos and trial versions, product documentation, free presets and more.
You may download a free Demo after logging in.
Award-winning Planar Tracking
Boris FX Mocha Pro brings world-renowned planar tracking, rotoscoping, object removal, image stabilization capabilities, and its groundbreaking PowerMesh organic warp tracking. It comes as no surprise then that it was recognized with both Academy Award and Emmy acknowledgment for its contribution to the film & TV industry; from Oscar-nominated VFX films all the way down to small indie projects. Mocha Pro has become an essential asset in the visual effects and post-production workflows of some of Hollywood’s biggest studios.
What’s New in Mocha Pro 2023?
- Rotoscoping Improvements: Point selection falloff for more organic roto. Quickly split up complicated shapes into different layers. Snapshot layers to readjust or break up shots. Adjust inner, outer, or both edges faster.
- Tracking Improvements: Merge tracks of separate planar layers. Move clusters of PowerMesh track points with falloff. Quickly jump to ends of tracks and set tracked ranges.
- Rendering Improvements: Remove objects from locked or static shots without needing to track. Crop Insert Module ROI (region of interest) to the surface for easier manipulation.
- Export Improvements: Generate tracking data directly in the Nuke OFX plugin. New 1-click generation for data where there is only one layer in After Effects and Nuke.
- And much more!
Please see the Updates Tab for the release notes.
Falloff Selection Tools
Mocha Pro’s selection tool now offers a falloff option to make organic roto and PowerMesh tracking much easier to manipulate.
Adjust spline edges or clusters of PowerMesh vertices using the same tool, easily adjusting radius and strength of the falloff as required.
Layer Spline Tools
Mocha Pro expands its diverse array of spline options with handy new tools to help you manage layer spline workflows.
- Split Contours: Select points in a spline contour and split them off into a new layer, retaining the original layer keyframes and tracking data.
- Snapshot Duplicate: Create a clean duplicate spline based on the current frame to break tracks into chunks.
- Inner Width feather adjustment: Alter the inner or outer edge points of a spline using the Edge Offset properties.
- Shrink and Grow Splines: Move the inner and the outer points together using Edge Offset properties.
- Clear keyframes: Clear keyframes forward or backward from the current playhead position, making it easier to restart a section of work.
- Merge Tracks: You can now merge the tracking data of multiple layers, making it easier to work with difficult shots.
- Set Tracked Layer Range: One click will set the layer range to the tracked keys on the timeline.
- Grid Scale: Originally a fixed size, you can now adjust the size of the Grid relative to the surface.
- Preview Search Area: Visualise the search area in the Matte view options, helping to adjust how far out from the current frame Mocha will look.
- AdjustTrack Point Lock: To avoid accidentally keyframing points in AdjustTrack, lock a selected point to disable it from further adjustments.
- Nuke OFX Plugin Track Data options: Create track data nodes inside the OFX plugin node interface without needing to open the Mocha UI. Choose from linked or baked nodes.
Expanded Rendering Options
- Static scene removal: Create a single layer to remove moving objects on static backgrounds in the Remove Module. Save time on tracking.
- Improved ROI fitting: The Insert Module now makes it easier to crop an ROI (region of interest) to better manipulate PowerMesh and Grid warps.
See More Product Features on the Detailed Description Tab.
WHY MOCHA PRO?
The Most Reliable Tracking
Rock solid planar tracking is at the heart of all Mocha Pro modules. VFX artists turn to Mocha for its ease of use and reliability when faced with the most difficult shots.
Mocha is versatile, so use it the way you want…as a standalone application, or as a plugin in your favorite host.
Mocha Pro can export tracking, roto shapes, lens calibration and 3D data in a wide variety of formats, or render to file or back to your host.
Using Mocha AE in After Effects? View the Compare Mocha Chart (below) to learn how Mocha Pro compares with other Mocha solutions.
PowerMesh enables a powerful sub-planar tracking process for visual effects and rotoscoping. Now Mocha Pro can track warped surfaces and organic objects, making it even more powerful for match moves and digital makeup shots.
PowerMesh is simple to use and faster than most optical flow based techniques.
- Render PowerMesh driven inserts as composites or RGBA cutouts.
- Output a Reverse Warp/Stabilized view for advanced paint and VFX tasks.
- Use PowerMesh to to drive roto shapes with less keyframes.
- Export mesh vertices to After Effects Nulls, Nuke tracking, or Alembic for Flame, C4D, and more 3D support.
Roto with Less Keyframes
Mocha’s masking workflow features tracked spline tools to speed up shape creation and reduce manual keyframes. Export or render roto to most popular host applications.
X-Splines and Bezier splines with magnetic edge-snapping assistance and Area Brush tool help create detailed mask shapes — without requiring drawing skills.
PowerMesh warped splines deliver even more accurate results when masking organic moving objects like musculature, skin, fabrics, and more.
Plugin Option for Flexibility
Mocha Pro’s integrated plugin option delivers an efficient workflow using the host’s media engine. Launch Mocha Pro from within your favorite hosts:
- Adobe After Effects & Premiere Pro
- Avid Media Composer
- OFX Hosts: Autodesk Flame, Foundry NUKE, Blackmagic Design Fusion, VEGAS Pro, HitFilm, SGO/Mistika, and Boris FX Silhouette.
The plugin can be purchased by host. A multi-host plugin license is included with standalone application and Boris FX Suite.
Remove Objects and Wires
Remove unwanted elements, wires, rigs, tracking marks, and 360 cameras. Generate clean plates for massive time-savings.
The Remove Module is an amazing alternative to traditional clone techniques for removing objects. It automatically detects temporal clean frames to blend and align pixels with little user input. It’s like Content Aware on steroids! View all Remove Module tutorials
Mega Clean Plates! Beyond object removal, this same technology can also be used to create a large, stitched image out of multiple frames.
Screen Inserts and Match Moves
Render accurate match moves and screen inserts with realistic motion blur or warped distortions. The Insert Module can now be driven by PowerMesh and has improved compositing with higher quality sub-sampling and blend modes.
Redesigned Grid Warp tool can be used to bend and deform insert elements to match curved and distorted surfaces.
Insert also combines with Lens Module for realistic VFX compositing on lens distorted footage.
Stabilize Camera or Object Motion
The Stabilize Module can lock down camera motion or stabilize based on select tracking layers. Export stabilized tracking data or render a stabilized clip.
With PowerMesh tracking enabled, the Stabilize Module can produce an inverse-warped flattened surface for paint fixes. Original motion is easily propagated back to the original.
For general editing, a smooth option with selectable anchor frames helps reduce high frequency jitters while maintaining original camera motion. Center, scale or crop stabilized footage based on user-driven tracking.
Lens Calibration Tools
The Lens Module provides a simple and easy-to-use interface to calibrate the distortion introduced by camera lenses. Remove unwanted lens distortion or match it to composite realistically. Use built-in line detection or splines for calibration.
Save calibration settings for lenses to reuse them or export Lens Calibration data can to read into Nuke’s STMap node or other VFX applications.
Stereo 3D planar tracking, masking, and object removal workflow.
Mocha supports native stereo 3D and 360/VR stereo formats. This unique workflow uses planar tracking analysis on “both eye views” to reduce manual offsets and tedious keyframe work on stereo 3D rotoscoping, tracking, 3D camera solve, and object removal.
Mocha Pro is the ultimate companion for stereo 360° projects in Adobe After Effects & Premiere Pro.
3D Camera Solver
Solve 3D match moving capabilities with planar ease.
Unlike feature based camera tracking, Mocha solves the 3D camera based on user-selected planar data. This fast and easy-to-use solution is ideal for set extensions, 3D text, and particle tracking. Additionally the 3D solver can be used to assist other 3D tracking applications on difficult shots with low detail or significant foreground occlusions.
Export to FBX for Flame and Nuke support or install the free AE 3D Track Import plug-in to paste into an After Effects composition.
Optimized for 360/VR
Award-winning 360° video tools for tracking and masking, horizon stabilization, Camera and Object Removal, Nadir Patching, and spherical video post.
A native mono and stereo 360° optimized workflow simplifies spherical video post-production challenges: work across seams with less pre-comps, nesting or rendering.
Need 360 editing plug-ins for Avid, Adobe or OFX? Check out the Continuum VR Unit.
Mocha Pro 2023 Comparison Chart
|Mocha Pro 2023||Mocha in Continuum/Sapphire||Mocha AE / Mocha HitFilm|
|Roto & Masking|
|PowerMesh & Mesh Warp Stabilization|
|Python Script Editor|
|AdjustTrack 2.0||(Coming soon)||(Coming soon)|
|Remove Module w/ Clean Plating|
|Mega Plate Module|
|Stabilization Module w/ Auto-Fill|
|Insert Module for Match Moves w/ Mesh Warper|
|3D Camera Solver|
|Standalone Application Option|
|Integrated Plug-in Option|
|Floating License & BG Render Options|
|GPU Accelerated Remove Module|
|Magnetic Spline & Freehand Spline Tools|
|Export track, roto & 3D data to wide range of hosts (see exports chart)|
|macOS & Windows Support|
|Magnetic Spline & Edge Snapping Roto Tools|
Mocha Pro 2023 Native Data Exports ChartRunning as standalone application and plug-in, Mocha can render tracked composites, tracked inserts, masks, object removal, stabilization, reorientation, and lens correction.
Mocha also exports native tracking, spline, and 3D data in a wide variety of host formats:
|Hosts and Formats||Mocha Pro 2023||Mocha in|
|Mocha AE /|
|Adobe After Effects CC||Tracking, Splines, 3D1, Lens2||Tracking & Splines (Mocha AE only)|
|Adobe Premiere Pro CC||Splines|
|Autodesk Flame Family||Tracking, Splines, 3D, Alembic|
|Autodesk Maya & 3ds Max||FBX, Alembic|
|Blackmagic Fusion||Tracking, Splines, FBX, Alembic|
|Foundry Nuke||Tracking, Splines, FBX, Alembic|
|HitFilm Pro||Tracking, Splines, FBX, Alembic||Tracking, Splines, 3D (HitFilm Pro Only)|
|Maxon Cinema 4D||FBX, Alembic|
|Mocha Blend||Tracking & Splines|
|Silhouette & Silhouette Paint||Tracking & Splines|
|1Requires the free 3D Track Importer plug-in for After Effects (download)|
2Requires the free Mocha Lens Importer plug-in for After Effects (download)
Compare Mocha Pro & SilhouetteNew Roto, Tracking & Paint Bundle! We now offer Mocha Pro + Silhouette together. Run the industry’s leading tools together at great savings. Learn More.
|Mocha Pro Plugin||Mocha Pro 2023 Application||Silhouette Plugin||Silhouette 2023|
|Standalone application for macOS/Win/Linux|
|Mocha Pro planar tracking interface|
|Recommended for video editors (Media Composer, Premiere Pro)|
|Node-based compositing with color correction and image processing filters|
|Advanced paint tools with AutoPaint and detail separation|
|Includes Mocha node for Silhouette|
|Includes Sapphire effect nodes for Silhouette|
|Includes Particle Illusion node for Silhouette|
(macOS & Win only)
For Mocha Pro 2023
macOS: 10.13(standalone) or 10.15(plug-ins) – macOS 13.2.1
Windows: Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 on x64
Linux: CentOS 7 or a compatible Linux distribution on x86_64
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent
Memory: 16 GB +
Disk: High-speed disk array or NVMe SSD
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro K4000 or equivalent
See support graphics card list (pops)
Monitor: 1920×1080 or higher
Network: Must have an enabled network adapter (Wi-Fi or Ethernet)
Processor: At least 1-GHz Pentium IV
Disk: At least 1 GB
Memory: At least 1 GB
Graphics card: Must support OpenGL
Monitor: Minimum resolution 1200×800 pixels
Network: Must have an enabled network adapter (Wi-Fi or Ethernet)
Node-locked or cross-platform, floating license. Purchase options include perpetual, annual, and monthly subscriptions.
For enterprise floating and render licenses, contact us.
Mocha Pro 2023 plug-in support:
- Adobe After Effects & Premiere Pro CC 2014-2023
- Avid Media Composer v8-2022
- OFX: Autodesk Flame, Boris FX Silhouette, Foundry NUKE, Blackmagic Fusion, VEGAS Pro, HitFilm Pro, SGO Mistika
- Adobe After Effects & Premiere Pro
- Avid Media Composer
- Apple Final Cut Pro 7 & Motion
- Autodesk Flame, Maya & 3DS MAX
- Assimilate Scratch
- Blackmagic Fusion & DaVinci Resolve
- Boris FX Continuum
- Boris FX Sapphire
- HitFilm Pro
- Magix Vegas Pro
- Maxon Cinema 4D
- Foundry Nuke
- MochaBlend for C4D
For a detailed list of tracking, mask & 3D data exports, view the exports chart.
New in Mocha Pro 2023 v10.0.0
New Roto Improvements
- Inner Width feather adjustment: You can now alter the inner points of a spline using the Edge offset properties
- Shrink and Grow Splines: Move both the inner and the outer points together uniformly using Edge offset
- Adjust Spline Points with Falloff: Use the falloff toggle to adjust adjacent points on a spline with a strength gradient
- Split Contours: Select points in any spline contour and split them off into a new shape, retaining the original layer keyframes
- Snapshot Duplicate: Create a clean duplicate spline based on the current frame to break up tracks into chunks.
- Double-click Shapes: Double-click the Elliptical or Rectangle spline tools to create a shape immediately. Hold Shift+Double-Click to make uniform shapes.
- Clear keyframes: You can now clear keyframes forward or backward from the current playhead position, making it easier to restart a section of work.
- Merge Tracks: You can now merge the tracking data of multiple layers making it easier to work with difficult shots.
- Grid Scale: Adjust the size of the Grid relative to the surface in Viewer Preferences
- Adjust Mesh Points with Falloff: Use the falloff toggle to adjust a radius of mesh points with a strength gradient
- Search Area Mattes: You can now turn on “Selected Search Areas” from the matte views to see how far out Mocha will search in an area around the layer.
- AdjustTrack Point Lock: To avoid accidentally keyframing points in AdjustTrack, you can now lock a selected point to disable it from further adjustments.
- Remove Static Scene: You can now remove from a locked shot without having to track a background layer.
- Difference Blend Mode: “Difference” mode to the blend options in the Insert module.
- Improved ROI Fitting: You can now cleanly fit the Region Of Interest (ROI) inside the surface, allowing proper cropping of larger images in the Insert Module.
- VFX Reference Platform 2022: Mocha is now up to date with the current Reference Platform. See https://vfxplatform.com/ for more details.
Imports and Exports
- 12-bit DPX read support: Reading 12-bit DPX images are now supported
- Single-Click Track generation for After Effects: Projects that only use one layer can now generate tracking data in the plugin interface without needing to select the layer.
- Nuke Track Generation in OFX Plugin: You can now generate tracking data from the Mocha project inside the OFX plugin interface. Compatible with Nuke versions 13-14.
- Focus Current Frame: You can now jump to and immediately edit the current frame field using Alt+J
- Updated Python Guide: More examples for different areas of Mocha Python scripting.
- Hidden Keyframe Groups: Keyframes that are hidden in the dopesheet (mesh tracking keys for example) will indicate keyframes in the group-level keyframe.
Mocha Pro 2022.5 v9.5.0 (April 20, 2022)
This is a maintenance release with several defect fixes. Release notes cover Mocha Pro, for both standalone and Plug-In versions of the product.
Documentation is available inside Mocha Pro 2022.5 v9.5.0 by pressing the F1 key.
- Please read the following notes carefully as they may affect the efficient use of the product.
- OFX builds of the Mocha Pro Plug-In have been tested to work with Autodesk Flame 2020-2021, The Foundry Nuke, Blackmagic Fusion Studio, HitFilm Pro, Vegas Pro and Silhouette v6+.
- Other hosts that utilize OFX may operate the Mocha Pro OFX Plug-In correctly, but at this stage, they are unofficially supported and may experience problems.
- While Mocha will work in Blackmagic Resolve 16+, rendering can be slow.
- Version 2022.5 v9.5.0 changes some file paths and directories from previous versions, including the image cache. We recommend clearing your old Mocha caches before installing this version.
- Projects created with version 2022.5 v9.5.0 may not be backward compatible with earlier versions of Mocha.
- Mocha Pro 2022.5 requires macOS 10.14 or higher for Intel CPUs or 10.15 and higher for Apple silicon M1 support.
New features in Mocha Pro 2022.5
New Lens Module features
- Spline-based Calibration: Calibrate lens using Mocha open splines
- Import Calibration: Import previously saved Mocha Lens data
- Calibration reset: You can now easily reset the lens calibration
New Surface Controls
- Right-click Ratios: You can now set the surface ratio by right-clicking the surface
- Right-click Align and Reset: You can align the surface or reset it to the spline.
- Right-click view controls: You can turn off the insert and surface view
- Apple silicon GStreamer Support: You can now import and export video with Apple M1 chipsets under Apple silicon-supported systems.
- After Effects Export rename: “Mocha shape data for AE” is now called “Adobe After Effects Mask Data” to make it consistent with the other host exports
- Preprocessing: Treat your clip before tracking to get optimal details in difficult shots. Pre-process gamma, contrast, blur, etc.
- Non-destructive gamma view: Adjust both brightness and gamma in the view controls without affecting the actual clip
- Zoom scrolling: You can now mouse scroll to zoom into the canvas.
- Foreground switching: The Mocha UI will now move to the foreground when you switch back to its respective host (Windows and macOS)
- Python access to mesh vertex positions: You can now access mesh vertex positions in normalised space.
- Custom frame rate setting: You can now set any frame rate you like by clicking on the dropdown and editing the value.
- Headless Linux Improvements: Automatically set correct display context for external Mocha Python commands on Linux
- Crash Reporting: We now generate anonymous crash and error reports to make it easier to solve support problems.
- RED support: RED codec support has been updated to 8.2.1
- PowerMesh Interface: We now only enable mesh tracking parameters when a selected layer has a mesh
Mocha Pro 2022.0 (September 15, 2021)
- Apple M1 boosts speeds on new Mac hardware
- Adobe MFR Support: AE Multi-Frame Rendering
- VFX Platform 2021 with improved color management
- Insert with PowerMesh: Improved workflow for warped surface compositing
- New Planar Tracking Features deliver the highest quality tracking and roto results
- New Exports for Nuke, Silhouette, Alembic, and Mistika
Exploring Remove Module in Mocha Pro
During Boris FX Office Hours 53, Elizabeth Postol dove into the new features of the Remove Module in Mocha Pro 2023.More...
How to Add Realistic Tattoos to Skin with Mocha Pro in Adobe After Effects
Premiere Gal explains how to use PowerMesh in Mocha Pro and After Effects to add realistic tattoos that move and bend with your body.More...
Mocha Pro & Blackmagic Fusion Compositing Series
Learn how to use Mocha Pro in Blackmagic Fusion with this 5 part video series. Discover just how flexible Mocha Pro's tracking data can be when paired with Blackmagic Fusion's compositing workflow. Learn at your own pace as Ben Brownlee guides you through how to replace a sky with 5 easy-to-follow videos.More...
Mocha Quick Tip: Faster Playback in After Effects 2022
Martin Brennand of Boris FX gives a fast and easy solution for getting Faster Playback in After Effects 2022 with Mocha.bMore...
Create Retro Horror Movie Titles in After Effects
Charles Yeager at Premium Beat has a tutorial for Retro Horror Movie Titles in After Effects that are similar to titles from Stranger Things.More...
Create a Sound Blast Driven By Music, a 4 Part Series from Boris FX
In this tutorial series, Ben Brownlee takes you through how to create a sound blast by using music data, using Boris FX plugins.More...
Easy 3D Tracked Text in After Effects
Brandon Fate explains how to create 3D tracked text in Adobe After Effects. It's fast and easy! He also includes a couple of workflow tips.More...
Boris FX Live: Virtual IBC 2020 Presentations, Day 3 is Live!
Watch Boris FX Live presentations for Virtual IBC! They are featuring customer presentations, sneak peeks of 2021 releases, giveaways.More...
Explore Silhouette and Mocha Webinar Replay
Katie Morris, a digital VFX artist shows how she uses Silhouette and Mocha Pro together to tackle advanced rotoscoping, paint, and more.More...
How to Use Mocha for Tracking and Clean Up After Effects
Mark Christiansen, motion design master and VFX virtuoso, walks you through his Mocha tracking workflow for Tracking and Clean up in After Effects.More...
Create Transparent Ghostly Effects with Mocha & Particle Illusion #halloween
Mary Poplin at Boris FX shows you how to create transparent ghostly effects using Mocha Pro and Particle Illusion to transform an actress into a ghost.More...
Burning Question: What is Reverse Stabilization?
Reverse Stabilization is a compositing workflow where you stabilize the shot, then composite, and finally, you bring the motion back into your shot.More...
Boris FX Webinar Replay: 2019.5 Releases (SIGGRAPH Preview)
In this webinar replay, learn about all the new features inside Sapphire, Continuum and Mocha Pro 2019.5, from Ben Brownlee, the new Director of Learning and Content at Boris FX. You may remember him from Curious Turtle training videos.More...
Changing Day to Night with Sapphire and Mocha
Nick Harauz and Ian Robinson show Premiere Pro and After Effects artists how Sapphire and Mocha can accomplish advanced sky replacement.More...
The Cleansing Hour: Using Mocha Pro & Sapphire for Feature Film VFX
Damien LeVeck shows how he used Boris FX Mocha Pro and Sapphire with Avid Media Composer for high-end horror VFX on his film The Cleansing Hour.More...
6 Tutorials to Improve your Mocha Tracking Workflow
Mocha is currently on sale through April 28, 2019, so it seemed like a great time to share some cool Mocha tutorials. Today we're focusing on Mocha Tracking Workflow Mocha works as a standalone or plug-in for several hosts and works pretty much the same between hosts, so if you see a tutorial for a software that you don't use, know that it will translate easily to your host.More...
How to Add Scars, Tattoos, Digital Make-up with Mocha Pro, After Effects
Surfaced Studio explains how to add digital make-up, scars, and tattoos to your talent using Mocha Pro’s Mesh Warp tool. This tool is found in the Insert Module, inside an Adobe After Effects workflow.More...
Mocha AE 2019 Export Workflow for Adobe After Effects
In this short tech video, Mary Poplin explains how the Mocha AE 2019 Export Workflow to get motion tracking data and masking data from Mocha to AE has been improved.More...
Boris FX: Mocha Pro 2019: Getting Started with Tracking Basics
Ben Brownlee from Curious Turtle walks us through the basics of tracking a screen replacement in the new Mocha Pro 2019. Even if you have used Mocha before, you’ll want to watch this tutorial, as he also explains the new user interface and new spline tools.More...
Removing a Subject in 360 Videos
Ripple Training presents MacBreak Studio Ep 413 where Steve demonstrates how to remove subjects from your 360° footage in Final Cut Pro X. You want to give your audience a nice clean VR experience, don’t you!? Of course, you do!More...
Remove a Person from a Scene with Mocha Pro
Learn how to remove a person from a scene using the Mocha Pro Remove Module. Plus this tutorial also shows you how to create a disintegrate/transporter beam effect à la Star Trek using VFX in Sapphire and Continuum. It even comes with the project file and footage.More...
Roto and Cleanup using Mocha Pro in NUKE - Webinar Replay
Get top tips on all things Roto & Cleanup using Mocha Pro with your NUKE workflow, with this webinar replay from oto/paint supervisor, Clark Harding.More...
Increase Your Mocha IQ in Adobe CC Webinar Replay
Ross Shain and Mary Poplin give you the advanced tip and techniques to increase your mocha speed and knowledge, in this one hour Mocha training webinar.More...
Mocha Pro Screen Replacement: How to Track and Replace a Phone Screen in Adobe Premiere Pro
Mocha Pro Screen Replacement. Learn how easy it is to motion track a phone screen and insert a new screen using the Mocha Pro plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro.More...
Tutorial Tuesday: 360° VR Inspirations and mocha VR Tutorials
With Vimeo’s announcement last week about their support of VR, we thought we would showcase a few tutorials that will help you create immersive VR content and show you what some content creators have made with these tools.More...
360/VR Round-up with Mettle, Mocha, and Adobe
After seeing all of the VR at NAB in April, VR is still hot! Here are a few tutorials and resources for working in VR in Premiere Pro, After Effects, and other hosts.More...
Tracking Options for Avid Users: BCC 10 & mocha Pro plug-in
Are you an Avid Media Composer user? Dan Harvey shows you how easy it is to motion track footage in Avid, with three different approaches: BCC’s native motion tracking, the integrated mocha/PixelChooser, and the new mocha Pro plug-in.More...
Digital Makeup and Anti-Aging Techniques with Boris FX, mocha and After Effects
Found - The Fountain of Youth! Mary Poplin demonstrates how to make talent look younger - Covers: mocha masking techniques, BCC Remove and BCC Warp, and general beauty techniques.More...
MochaBlend C4D Basics #4: Creating a camera solve from a mocha perspective track
In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to use MochaBlend C4D to turn a perspective track in mocha into an object solve in C4D. You’ll learn the best way to track a plane in mocha for MochaBlend’s Perspective-Solver, and how to identify some common problems when working with the solver.More...
U.F.Oh Yeah Film Short and The Making Of…
Film Riot has created a clever short film entitled U.F.Oh Yeah, Directed and written by Ryan Connolly and starring Josh Connolly, the film is about a U.F.O. enthusiast and conspiracy theorist who has an encounter with extraterrestrials that doesn’t go quite as one might expect. After the film, learn about how some of the effects were made. There are a whole series of videos here and they’re fantastic!!More...
Webinar Replay: Advanced Tips & Techniques with mocha & AE
Join Ben Brownlee of Curious Turtle as he gives some great advice on using Imagineer mocha with After Effects. Ben really knows his mocha.More...
We’ve compiled several Imagineer Systems mocha Pro tutorials in one blog to help make it easier for you to learn mocha, including roto painting, adjusting a track, how/when to manual track and more.More...
Align Surface Insert in Mocha Using the Insert for Paint, Part 2
Mary Poplin, Imagineer Systems product specialist, explains how to add clouds to a matte painting using the Align Surface tool in mocha pro.More...
Replace a Bland, Overcast Sky with a Gorgeous Sky in After Effects
Take a bland, colorless sky and make it into a vault of heaven! Create an alluring azure sky with fluffy clouds, a sublime sunset or an moody moonlight scene. I’ll give several options, utilizing plug-ins from CoreMelt, Video Copilot, Boris FX, Red Giant, SUGARfx and Imagineer.More...
Export and Import External Mattes in mocha
In this tutorial Imagineer Systems will show you how to use mocha to import and export external mattes.More...
MochaImport+ for NUKE in depth tutorial
Mathias Möhl of Mamoworld has a tutorial to get you up to speed fast in MochaImport+ for Nuke.More...
Imagineer mocha Tips #mochatips
Martin Brennand shares some of the daily tips that are posted to Twitter and Facebook by Imagineer Systems.More...
Mocha 3D Solver, Plexus, and AE Scripts
Learn how to use mocha and After Effects to track graphics and effects. 3D Camera solve and object tracking which can then be exported to After Effects to drive the Plexus particle plug-in. Clip courtesy Artbeats.comMore...
Export 3D Camera Tracking to Cinema 4D
“Imagineer Systems Product Manager Martin Brennand takes you through exporting Camera Solve data from mocha Pro and setting it up inside Maxon Cinema 4D.” - Imagineer SystemsMore...
mocha AE rotoscoping with Mary Poplin
In this live demo from Siggraph 2013, imagineer systems product specialist, Mary Poplin, shows you how to cut your roto time in half using mocha AE inside of Adobe After Effects. Simply go to animation>track in mocha AE and follow along with a shot of your choice at home.More...
mocha Pro Tutorial: 3D Camera Solver and Nuke Pt. 2
Imagineer Product Manager, Martin Brennand created this 2 part series demonstrating how mocha Pro's 3D Camera Solve can be used to for 3D tracking to compliment the Nuke workflow.More...
mocha Pro Tutorial: 3D Camera Solver and Nuke Pt. 1
Imagineer Product Manager, Martin Brennand created this 2 part series demonstrating how mocha Pro's 3D Camera Solve can be used to for 3D tracking to compliment the Nuke workflow.More...
Planar Tracking HUDs and 3D Camera Solving - mocha v3
An advanced tutorial covering mocha v3’s 3D camera solver and Adobe after Effects. Mary Poplin creates a HUD style graphic in 3D space.More...
Webinar Replay: Digital Makeup and Retouching: Using mocha AE/Pro with After Effects
In case you missed it, Imagineer recorded this past week’s webinar with Mary Poplin, covering planar tracking techniques for digital makeup and removals.More...
Tutorial: Set Up a Wide Angle Point of View Mirror Effect
Michal Fibek for AETuts+ shows you a cool trick for creating a POV Mirror Effect with After Effects and mocha. Hint: You’ll need newspapers and masking tape!More...
Webinar: Motion Tracking & VFX Webinar - Learning mocha AE
Just in case you didn’t catch the mocha AE webinar for planar motion tracking and AE workflows, here is the recording! We hope you learn something!More...
In Depth: Motion Stabilization Options, Part 2 of 2
Sometimes using a tripod is not an option and you’re forced to shoot hand-held. Maybe you’re shooting in an amusement park, botanical gardens, or a concert and tripods are not allowed in. Unless you have the ability to stand perfectly still, you will likely need to stabilize the footage in postproduction. Motion stabilization is used to smooth footage and remove camera shake.More...
How is mocha v3’s Camera Solver different than AE CS6 Camera Tracker?
Imagineer Systems mocha Camera Solve module uses Planar Tracking to solve 3D space for select planes. This means mocha can get a camera solve on difficult out of focus, blurred or obscured shots. Learn more in these tutorials.More...