Planar Tracking HUDs and 3D Camera Solving – mocha v3
An advanced tutorial covering mocha v3’s 3D camera solver and Adobe after Effects. Mary Poplin creates a HUD style graphic in 3D space.
In this advanced tutorial, Mary poplin shows you how to make “Iron Man” style electronic Heads Up Displays or hologram style graphics on hard to track reflective surfaces using mocha v3’s 3D camera solver and Adobe after Effects.
This tutorial covers:
- Starting a mocha project from scratch
- Tracking non-co-planar planes
- Tracking around reflections using relative planar data and edges
- Rotoscoping with mocha
- Exporting shapes to After Effects
- Compositing in After Effects
Posted by Michele Yamazaki