News: Maxon Announces SIGGRAPH 2023 Speakers
Maxon announced their fantastic line-up of presenters for SIGGRAPH 2023, held in Los Angeles from August 6-10. This year also happens to be the golden jubilee of the conference! Maxon is hosting an impressive line-up of motion graphic professionals. They’ll be presenting their creative work, tips, and tricks for using Maxon products. Stay tuned to Toolfarm.com for links to the livestreaming presentations.
Press Release: Visual Effects Visionaries: Maxon Announces SIGGRAPH 2023 Speaker Lineup
Leading motion graphics and 3D artists will share creative insights and demonstrate futuristic design and animation techniques for Maxon workflows.
Bad Homburg – July 26, 2023 – Maxon, developers of professional software solutions for editors, filmmakers, motion designers, visual effects artists, and creators of all types, has today announced their highly anticipated speaker line-up for SIGGRAPH 2023 (booth 637). Taking place in Los Angeles from August 6-10th, this annual conference is renowned for bringing together the brightest creatives in the industry.
This event will also be the first opportunity to see the new tools and enhancements from Maxon’s July product updates in action. From seasoned veterans to emerging talents, each of Maxon’s SIGGRAPH speakers will deliver engaging presentations demonstrating the latest features, as well as cutting-edge techniques, innovative workflows, and storytelling strategies. They will also be sharing their experiences in overcoming technical challenges and exploring their artistic visions.
“Our incredible lineup for SIGGRAPH 2023 promises to provide aspiring animators, and even seasoned professionals, with an invaluable opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business,” says David McGavran, Maxon CEO. “With Maxon’s commitment to bringing the community together to foster creativity and encouraging creators to push the boundaries of their skills and imaginations, attendees can expect an enriching experience that will undoubtedly inspire their own artistic endeavors.”
Speakers at the Maxon booth will include:
- Alex Parker is a motion graphics designer with Disney’s Parks, Experiences, and Products team. She also works as a freelance animator, designer, and art director through her company, Ladybird Animations, and has worked on projects for Google, Samsung, and E.A.
- Ana Carolina is a 3D tech and character artist. She is an official ZBrushLIVE streamer, and runs her own academy, providing one-to-one mentorship and workshops on 3D Art development.
- Anthony Bari is an Emmy Award-winning post-production consultant, video editor, and technical advisor. Having worked all over the world with training studios, combat correspondents, and small production units, his projects include documentaries, sports, promotional content, and motion graphics work.
- Arturo Wong is a 3D generalist, motion graphics artist, and art director, specializing in character animation and motion graphics for broadcast, movies, and music videos. He is the owner of Delirium Studios.
- Billy Chitkin is a freelance 3D designer and animator, specializing in Cinema 4D. With a focus on animation, his projects include creating satellite designs for The National Reconnaissance Office, building out 3D scenes for a Microsoft ALT series, and creating animated emojis for use in the Giphy Keyboard App.
- Blake Kathryn is a visual artist whose work is recognized for its vibrant palettes and ethereal undertones with a surreal futurist aesthetic. Her collaborations include Adidas, Complex, Fendi, Jimmy Choo, Lil Nas X, and more.
- Cameron Slayden is the CEO and Creative Director of scientific and medical animation at Microverse Studios, with over 22 years of experience in scientific visualization. His company specializes in the production of award-winning animations for multi-billion-dollar pharmaceutical corporations, educational institutions, biotech startups, and scientific graphics for documentary TV series.
- Chad Perkins is an award-winning filmmaker and author, and a visual effects and motion graphics artist. He is on the board of managers for the Washington chapter of the Visual Effects Society, and posts free tutorials and software training on his YouTube channel, Movies and Computers. Chad is also a senior trainer at Maxon.
- Don Allen Stevenson III is a visionary XR and AI futurist. He has carved out a unique niche in the intersection of art and technology, sharing his insights on the future of creativity with platforms like TED 2023, MIT, and Cannes Lions. Don honed his skills at DreamWorks Animation and now collaborates with major tech and entertainment companies such as Meta, OpenAI, Universal, and more.
- EJ Hassenfratz is a multi-Emmy Award-winning freelance motion design artist. EJ has conducted numerous webinars, presented at NAB, Adobe Video World, SIGGRAPH, and many other events worldwide. He is also the creative director of the School of Motion and creates tutorials for lynda.com.
- Gryun Kim is an award-winning CG artist and Art Director who specializes in TV commercials and title sequences. He has directed, 3D designed, and led the visual effects team on some of the largest commercial and live productions in the world, including the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympic Opening and Closing Ceremony and The Last of Us title sequence.
- Handel Eugene is a multidisciplinary artist and animator. His recent work includes contributions to Marvel’s Spider-Man Homecoming and Black Panther films. Handel continues to push the boundaries of his work with challenges on exciting new platforms such as VR, AR, and interactive technology. Handel also teaches at the Otis College of Art and Design, as well as mentors students online at Mograph Mentor.
- Ian Robinson is an expert ZBrush trainer at Maxon. From creating video tutorials, live streaming, hosting events, and interviewing some of the top artists in the world, Ian is dedicated to helping others learn how to use the software to the best of their abilities. He covers topics from 3D printing and toy design to game assets and animation-ready modeling.
- Jacob Dalton is a freelance VFX and 3D artist. He previously worked at Video Copilot helping the team with a variety of projects and asset development before leaving to pursue a career in freelance. His work spans music videos, gaming, advertising, and film visual effects.
- Joshua Keeney is a visual artist working in computer graphics. Under the identity of 550am, his work explores nostalgia, ego, identity, and his evolving worldview through surrealist-inspired visuals. Joshua is a merit winner in YoungArt’s Visual Arts discipline for 2018. His artwork has been shown at a variety of locations such as the Tate Modern museum in London and Art Basel in Miami.
- Steve Teeple, also known as Teeps, is a digital artist specializing in character design, digital sculpting, concept art, pre-visualization, production modeling, and 3D printing for the entertainment industry. His work is deeply rooted in the supernatural, leveraging archetypal imagery to create characters and worlds that resonate on an ancient, mythic level.
Maxon makes powerful, yet approachable software solutions for content creators working in 2D and 3D design, motion graphics, visual effects, and visualization. Maxon’s innovative product portfolio helps artists supercharge their creative workflows. Our product lines include the award-winning Cinema 4D suite of 3D modeling, simulation, and animation technology; the creativity-on-the-go Forger mobile sculpting app; the diverse Red Giant lineup of revolutionary editing, motion design, and filmmaking tools; the leading-edge, blazingly fast Redshift renderer; and ZBrush, the industry-standard digital sculpting and painting solution.
Maxon’s team is comprised of fun, passionate people who believe in building and empowering a successful artistic community. From our popular, inclusive events to our free Cineversity educational resources, Maxon recognizes that developing strong connections with creatives and fostering their professional growth is integral to our ability to stay on top of industry trends and better serve customers.
Maxon is part of the Nemetschek Group.
Posted by Michele