New: Adobe Substance 3D Collection is Now Available
Adobe has released the Substance 3D Collection with three major updates and one new app, better interoperability, and a huge amount of content under the Adobe Substance 3D brand.
The 3D generation is here
In the Substance 3D ecosystem, smart creative apps and high-end content give you everything you need to make inspiring art. For the beginner and expert alike. The Substance 3D Collection includes Stager, Painter, Sampler, Designer, 50 assets (materials, models, and lighting) per month, 100 GB of Creative Cloud storage, Adobe Bridge, Adobe Fonts, Behance, and Adobe Portfolio.
Adobe Substance 3D Collection for Enterprise is also available.
Discover Stager, the staging and rendering app designed to become your virtual photo studio. Enjoy the new, faster Painter. Try creating lights and materials from photos in Sampler, formerly Alchemist. And try your hand at procedural modeling in Designer!
Substance 3D Painter
Substance 3D Painter has the tools you need to texture your 3D assets, from advanced brushes to Smart Materials that automatically adapt to your model. Breathe life into your art.
Power and usability for an excellent painting experience.
- Powerful paint engine – Paint using dynamic brushes, projection tools, or particles. Painter also supports Adobe Photoshop brush presets.
Smart materials and smart masks
- Smart Materials and Smart Masks – Apply realistic details, from subtle dust layers to signs of extreme wear and tear.
- Advanced material creation – Reproduce real-life material behaviors such as subsurface scattering, sheen, anisotropy, or clear-coat. Preserve these properties when exporting.
- Easy exports – Export to any game engine or renderer effortlessly. Create custom export presets to fit into any pipeline or workflow.
- Automatic UVs – Automatic UVs ensure imported models don’t need any special preparation for texturing. Lay out UVs over multiple tiles to maintain high resolution.
- VFX support – Painter supports multi-tile painting (UDIMs), Alembic, camera import, and Python scripting and is compliant with the VFX Reference Platform. It is also available on Linux.
Substance 3D Designer
With Substance 3D Designer, create seamless materials and patterns, image filters, environment lights, or even 3D models. Each asset can output infinite variations.
The features in Substance 3D Designer give you complete authoring control for material creation — and more.
- An ever-growing library of content – Access hundreds of nodes and filters. Create any surface with unique and randomizable noises and patterns.
- HDR lighting creation – Create parametric lighting stages using procedural lights or 360° photos.
- Color management – Take advantage of Pantone and OpenColorIO support.
- MDL support – Create MDL materials with the dedicated shader graph.
- Send-to – Send materials and filters to other Substance 3D applications, allowing you to iterate in context with Designer.
- Parametric modeling (beta) – This graph lets you generate customizable and dynamic 3D models.
Substance 3D Sampler
Substance 3D Sampler is at the heart of your 3D workflow. Easily transform a real-life picture into a photorealistic surface or HDR environment.
The features in Substance 3D Sampler give you a complete material digitizer toolbox.
- AI-powered scan processing – The Image to Material feature removes shadows and generates albedo, roughness, normal, and displacement maps with unparalleled accuracy.
- Open ecosystem – Use your content anywhere. Send your assets directly to Painter and Stager, or use them in your favorite 3D applications.
- IBL creation – Create HDR environment lights in real time from 360° images. Enrich and edit them with parametric effects or even other lights.
- Edit in Photoshop – Send any input image to Photoshop and take advantage of its extensive image editing toolset, with direct feedback in Sampler.
- Atlas Splatter – Scatter leaves, pebbles, and more on your material. Choose from a vast library of atlases made by our team of 3D experts or use your own scanned content.
- Parametric effects – Add filters. Combine weathering and natural effects such as moss, snow, water, or dirt with any existing material.
Build and assemble 3D scenes in this intuitive staging tool. Set up assets, materials, lights, and cameras. Export and share media, from images to web and AR experiences.
The features in Stager give you great tools to set up and showcase your projects.
- Lighting made easy – Enhance your lighting with the environment light editor or add physical 3D lights to your scene for advanced lighting design.
- Diverse format support – Enjoy support for an array of formats from CAD (for enterprise customers) to USD and glTF, as well as parametric Substance materials, lights, and models.
- Physics awareness – Set up realistic collisions between objects during positioning and transformation.
- Project showcase – Import your Painter projects into Stager with a single click and pick up where you left off.
- Interactive workspace – Switch between real-time rendering and interactive path tracing while keeping a high visual quality.
Posted by Kim Sternisha