New: Autokroma BRAW Studio 3 is Now Available
The new Autokroma BRAW Studio 3 has a new Desktop Application, White Balance Picker, Premiere Pro Metadata Organizer Tool, and more. Try a free demo today!
Autokroma BRAW Studio
The missing piece in your Blackmagic workflow
Autokroma BRAW Studio is a fully-featured Blackmagic RAW importer for After Effects, Premiere Pro and Media Encoder.
BRAW Studio is comprised of three installed plugins, adding a .braw format to be imported to Adobe CC (After Effects, Premiere Pro and Media Encoder) with advanced Premiere Pro features in our BRAW Studio Panel as well as customizable RAW Settings with our Layer Settings After Effects filter.
Learn MoreTry Autokroma BRAW Studio for free!
What’s new in BRAW Studio 3?
Brand new Desktop Application, White Balance Picker, Premiere Pro Metadata Organizer Tool
You now have access to a brand new Desktop Application to play and color grade your .BRAW files directly from Windows Explorer and macOS Finder.
New Features have been added as well, like the White Balance Picker, Premiere Pro Metadata Organizer Tool and bugs fixes.
- New BRAW Studio Desktop App (Player & Color Grader):
- Player : BRAW Studio now includes a Windows / macOS native desktop application which can play your .BRAW Files but also modify the BRAW Settings just like with the Source Settings and Layer Settings !
- Update Sidecar : after changing BRAW Settings in the BRAW Studio App, export them to the sidecar : so this new color grade should automatically be loaded whatever the app you choose to import your BRAW file then (Camera Metadata workflow)
- Lossless Trimming tool : import your BRAW file, set In / Out time points and export a new smaller BRAW file with the exact same quality and metadata than the original ! Only unused video frames and unused audio samples are properly removed
- Include Custom LUT in .Sidecar : you can choose to use a custom .cube LUT and attach it to your BRAW file through the .sidecar file. The LUT will be processed with the BRAW SDK and gives you the best quality !
- Metadata Viewer : a special Metadata Tab with all your BRAW Metadata !
- Windows : it replaces the Blackmagic RAW Player from BMD as default BRAW App Opener and also generates itself the BRAW Thumbnails in Explorer, so the Blackmagic RAW Player is not needed anymore
- macOS : it replaces the Blackmagic RAW Player from BMD as default BRAW App Opener but does not generate QuickLook .BRAW Thumbnails (you will still need to install the Blackmagic RAW Player for this)
- New White Balance Picker Tool:
- You can now automatically click inside your .BRAW File at a given frame to select what “White” (also works with Grey) should be, like Eyedroppers in others apps. The White Balance Tool will set Color Temperature and Tint so that the selected pixel is the closest possible to White / Grey
- Available from the BRAW Studio Panel and the Source Settings in Premiere Pro , the Layer Settings in After Effects and the new Desktop App
- By default, it gives a white / grey pixel before Gamut / Gamma / LUT changes. You can change this with an option inside the White Balance Picker tool so it makes this computation after all changes
- Improved overall performance of Premiere Pro and After Effects plugins
- New Premiere Pro Metadata Organizer Tool inside the BRAW Studio Panel: Import your .BRAW files and automatically class them in different sub “Bins” in Premiere Pro depending on their metadata : Reel / Scene / Take / Good Take
- Premiere Pro BRAW Studio Panel Improvements:
- When selecting a MultiCam Sequence Clip in Timeline which contains only one BRAW file (for Audio Sync), the .BRAW file is directly selected
- New “Ctrl+Z” or “Ctrl+Shift+Z” shortcuts when the panel is selected : they will do the same action than clicking on “Undo” or “Redo” buttons
- New “Ctrl+C” or “Ctrl+V” shortcuts when the panel is selected : they will do the same action than clicking on “Copy” or “Paste” buttons
- Note about the new shortcuts : when the panel is selected they will not affect other Premiere Pro actions
- If you maintain the “Shift” key of your keyboard while dragging a slider, it slightly drag the slider so you can set more precise values
- Increased a bit sizes of “Thumb” sliders size so they are easier to drag
- BRAW 2.8 and 2.7: support for Fujifilm X-H2, X-T5 as well as ZCam E2, E2-M4, E2-S6, and E2-F6 Blackmagic RAW clips captured by Blackmagic Video Assist
- macOS: because of BRAW 2.8 the minimum version is now 11.0 (Big Sur)
Posted by Kim Sternisha