Update: Avid Pro Tools 2022.9, new Free Pro Tools Intro
Avid released an update yesterday for Pro Tools 2022.9. This update introduces Pro Tools Intro, a free version of Pro Tools. In addition, they’ve added ARA 2 Melodyne Support and Aux I/O. And there’s more! This is a free update to anyone with an active subscription or a perpetual Software Updates + Support Plan. Below, read a quick rundown from the Avid Resource Center.
What’s New in Pro Tools 2022.9:
- Pro Tools Intro is a new, free version of Pro Tools that is ideal for those new to producing music with a DAW, providing all the essential audio and MIDI tools needed to create music and includes 36 core effects and instrument plugins. Pro Tools Intro also becomes the default rollback for any subscription customer who does not renew their license—read the Pro Tools Intro blog for all the details
- ARA 2 Melodyne support integrates this world-class pitch and time toolset into the Pro Tools Edit window—check out the ARA Melodyne blog to learn more
- Aux I/O enables you to stream audio between Pro Tools software and other audio applications (such as Zoom, Apple Music, Dolby Atmos® Production Suite, etc.), as well as additional audio hardware beyond your primary Playback Engine (macOS only)
- SoundFlow Cloud Avid Edition is now also included with all Pro Tools Studio annual subscriptions, as well as with all Pro Tools Studio perpetual licenses with an active support plan (SoundFlow was previously only included with Pro Tools Flex annual subscriptions and Pro Tools Ultimate perpetual licenses with an active support plan)
- Other features and enhancements:
- Timecode Overlay X/Y settings for fine-tuning the Timecode Overlay position in the Video window
- Increased marker count from 999 to 32,000
- Quantize Toolbar controls in Edit and MIDI Editor windows
- And more
Create. Collaborate. Be Heard.
Avid Pro Tools redefined the music, film, and TV industry, providing everything you need to compose, record, edit, and mix audio—in the studio or in the cloud, from anywhere.
Note: US and Canada Sales Only
Posted by Michele Yamazaki