Update: Avid Pro Tools v2023.3 – Apple Silicon Support & More
Avid has updated Pro Tools to version 2023.3, adding fully qualified native Apple silicon support, more ways to manipulate pitch and time, and more.
What’s new in Pro Tools v2023.3?
- Fully qualified native Apple silicon support that delivers significant performance improvements to users on M1 and M2 systems (Pro Tools Intro / Artist / Studio / Ultimate™)
- New Elastic Audio Time and Pitch Stretching from élastique (Pro Tools Intro / Artist / Studio / Ultimate™)
- Pro Tools 2023.3 offers a new algorithm for Elastic Audio processing, élastique Pro V3 by zplane.development.
- Melodyne Keeps Tick Based Audio Analyzed (Pro Tools Intro / Artist / Studio / Ultimate™)
- Melodyne ARA will now automatically analyze content on tick-based tracks when instantiated.Audio will be conformed to tempo and meter changes by Melodyne on tick-based tracks.
- Easier Automation Selection and Editing (Pro Tools Intro / Artist / Studio / Ultimate™)
- Tab to breakpoints in automation lanes.A new preference to select between automation breakpoints when double-clicking with the selector tool.
- Edit Group Improvements (Pro Tools Intro / Artist / Studio / Ultimate™)
- Optionally include rulers in Edit Groups, including the ‘ALL’ group.Easier access to the ‘ALL’ group through the Modify Groups window.
- MIDI Editor Scrolling Improvements (Pro Tools Intro / Artist / Studio / Ultimate™ – macOS only)
- MIDI Editor scrolling options are available during playback.“Follow Edit Window” is on by default.
- Bounce to M4a (AAC) (Pro Tools Intro / Artist / Studio / Ultimate™ – macOS only)
- Bounce high-quality AAC compressed audio directly from the timeline
- Quantize Controls in Toolbar Enhancements (Pro Tools Intro / Artist / Studio / Ultimate™)
- Toggle on/off the two main parameters right in the Toolbar Quantize Controls without having to open Event Operations.The “advanced options” (gear) button now separately indicates the advanced options enabled state (amber LED) and the Event Operations window open state (blue button).
- Pro Tools | Sync X Video Generator Follows 10 MHz Clock (Pro Tools Ultimate™)
- Pro Tools | Sync X can now generate video reference at a relative speed to the incoming 10 MHz clock. Please visit Sync X Firmware Release Notes for more information.
To download the latest release, either visit your Avid account and find the installer on your “My Products” page, or open Avid Link and select the “Products” tab to install your update.
Avid Pro Tools
Create. Collaborate. Be Heard.
Record performances, make music with MIDI, shape sounds and mix everything to perfection. Get inspired. Spark ideas with a massive collection of plugins, loops and samples.
Pro Tools is the world’s most used and awarded audio production software for making music, movies, and TV shows, providing everything you need to create, record, edit, and mix in the moment. Get inspired and start creating music easily with a massive collection of plugins, instruments, and sounds. Tackle your most ambitious visions with advanced features that power you through the most demanding projects. And achieve the highest sound quality and speed with integrated audio interfaces and control surfaces—the same ones professionals have relied on for years. With Pro Tools, everything you need to turn ideas into the next big thing is within reach.
Pro Tools software is available in three offerings—Pro Tools Artist for aspiring music creators, Pro Tools Studio for professional music creators/producers, and the Pro Tools Ultimate for audio post and music studios.
Posted by Kim Sternisha