Update: Maxon Cineware for Adobe Illustrator CC 2020
Maxon has released Cineware for Adobe Illustrator CC 2020, a free plug-in, adding the ability to import Cinema 4D files into Adobe Illustrator.
Maxon Release Compatibility Update – Cineware for Adobe Illustrator CC 2020
Maxon’s post states:
Maxon is pleased to announce the immediate availability of an updated version of the Cineware for Illustrator plug-in (CwAI), which enables artists and designers to add and edit 3D objects directly within Adobe Illustrator CC 2020, the industry-standard vector graphics application included in the Adobe Creative Cloud.
Cineware for Illustrator is available at no cost for MacOS and Windows on the Maxon web site.
Cineware for Illustrator uses the same powerful 3D engine as Cinema 4D, Maxon’s Sci-Tech award-winning, intuitive, professional 3D application. Users can import any C4D file, and tweak the view, lighting and textures to integrate 3D elements with 2D designs or use 3D elements as templates when creating vector artwork in Adobe Illustrator CC. This enables designers to visualize product labels, incorporate rich 3D content into Illustrator compositions, or even arrange 3D elements as guides for form and perspective when creating vector artwork.
Turbosquid, the leading online source for 3D models, has kindly provided Cineware for Illustrator users a “jump start” into the third dimension with a collection of ready-to-use 3D models, including common product packaging and other 3D objects. Users of Cinema 4D can create and share their own custom 3D content for use in Illustrator CC.
Cineware for Illustrator Feature Highlights
- 3D Objects: Rotate, position and show/hide individual 3D objects from any Cinema 4D scene, all within Illustrator CC.
- Materials: Adjust the color, reflection, luminance, transparency, and bump directly within Illustrator CC. Users can even apply vector artwork to the surface of 3D models.
- Cameras: Switch between pre-set cameras or use simple navigation tools to choose preferred viewing angle.
- Lights: Enable or disable lights, and change their color to set a mood and emphasize shapes.
- Integrate: Workflow allows easy removal of the background by choosing the automatically created alpha map so 3D elements can be integrated into existing vector artwork.
Easy to learn and extremely powerful! In a nutshell, Cinema 4D is the perfect package for all 3D artists who want to achieve breathtaking results fast and hassle-free. Beginners and seasoned professionals alike can take advantage of Cinema 4D’s wide range of tools and features. Quickly achieve stunning results. Cinema 4D’s legendary reliability also makes it the perfect application for demanding, fast-paced 3D production. In fact, there are a range of attractively priced software packages is available to fit any artist’s needs.
Posted by Kim Sternisha