Freebie: Audacity – Free Audio Recording & Editing App
Audacity is free, open source, cross-platform audio software, developed by a group of volunteers and works with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and more.
Audacity is an easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems.
- Recording – Audacity can record live audio through a microphone or mixer, or digitize recordings from other media.
- Export / Import – Import, edit, and combine sound files. Export your recordings in many different file formats, including multiple files at once.
- Sound Quality – Supports 16-bit, 24-bit and 32-bit. Sample rates and formats are converted using high-quality resampling and dithering.
- Plugins – Support for LADSPA, LV2, Nyquist, VST and Audio Unit effect plug-ins. Nyquist effects can be easily modified in a text editor – or you can even write your own plug-in.
- Editing – Easy editing with Cut, Copy, Paste and Delete. Also unlimited sequential Undo (and Redo) in the session to go back any number of steps.
- Effects – Real-time preview of LADSPA, LV2, VST and Audio Unit (macOS) effects. Plug-in Manager handles plug-in installation and addition/removal of effects and generators from the menus.
- Accessibility – Tracks and selections can be fully manipulated using the keyboard. Large range of keyboard shortcuts.
- Analysis – Spectrogram view mode for visualizing and selecting frequencies. Plot Spectrum window for detailed frequency analysis.
Premium Beat has a nice Tutorial to get you started using Audacity
5 Tips for Getting Started Working with Audio in Audacity
Whether you’re editing a podcast, external audio for a video, or a voiceover, Audacity can handle it. If you really want to step up your videos, first you need to step up your audio — it makes a noticeable difference. If you’ve never worked with a DAW or edited audio in Premiere Pro, here are a few tips to get you started with Audacity.
- 10 Free: Virtual Instruments
- Freebie Friday: 355 Free Assets: Motion Graphics, Sound Effects, more…
- Freebie Friday: Free Vocoder & Voice Plug-ins
Posted by Kim Sternisha