New: Sitni Sati FumeFX 6 for 3ds Max is Now Available
Sitni Sati has updated FumeFX to version 6, their popular fluid-dynamics plug-in for 3ds Max. Most notably, this update brings Nodeworks to FumeFX, a node-based multiphysics solution that includes particles, rope, rigid & soft body dynamics, cloth, and much, much more.
What’s new in FumeFX 6 for 3ds Max?
Sitni Sati expanded FumeFX capabilities with NodeWorks, a node-based multiphysics solution that includes particles, rope, rigid body dynamics, cloth, soft body dynamics, inflatable softbody, voronoi fracture, flock simulation, character animation control, voxel grid manipulation, node based access to FumeFX simulation and sources and many other tools.
NodeWorks provides direct support for Arnold points, splines, instances, custom channels and procedurals which significantly boost productivity and flexibility.
The new Pyro Vorticty model adds fine detail to fire and smoke channels with minimal flow disruption. Also, users can now add pressure to the simulation directly from sources and have more control over the adaptive grid boundaries.
- Node based system with more than 140 ready to use nodes, including:
- Particles with groups, clusters and custom channels.
- Easy post processing of particle caches including retiming, particle attribute change, geometry replacement and more.
- Progressive geometry fragmentation at face/polygon level.
- Voronoi fragmentation.
- Rope simulation.
- Cloth dynamics with plastic deformations and tear.
- Soft body dynamics with plastic deformations.
- Inflatable soft body.
- Rigid body dynamics (PhysX).
- Swarm – Collective behavior simulation.
- Character animation control. Event driven animation playback with smooth animation blending.
- Voxel grids – loading, per-voxel manipulation, caching and direct rendering.
- Custom Voxel grid forces.
- FumeFX caches loading, processing and re-caching.
- Node based access to FumeFX simulation process and voxels.
- Direct node-based addition of sources and collision objects to FumeFX simulation.
- Direct pressure addition to FumeFX simulation for better explosion control.
- Extensive integration with the Arnold renderer supporting point rendering, procedural rendering of splines via Arnold curves, geometry instances, volumes and custom channels.
- ISurf particle mesher with direct Arnold motion blur support. Available meshing algorithms: Union of Spheres, Metaballs, Zhu-Bridson and Anisotropic.
- New FumeFX Pyro Vorticity.
- FumeFX sources can add pressure to the system.
- New FumeFX adaptive grid control.
Sitni Sati FumeFX for 3ds Max
Fluid Dynamics Simulation System for 3ds Max.
FumeFX is a high-end, professional fluid dynamics system for 3ds Max. Artists can create incredibly realistic and breathtaking effects with fire, smoke, explosions, particle system, cloth, soft body dynamics, rigid body dynamics, geometry fracturing, and more.
FumeFX 6 is multiphysics plug-in for 3ds max that integrates fluid dynamics with a node-based system that includes particles, rope, rigid body dynamics, cloth, soft body dynamics, inflatable soft body, voxel grid manipulation, node based access to FumeFX simulation and sources, character animation control and other.
With over 140 ready-to-use nodes, artists can create a completely new range of visual effects directly inside the FumeFX package more efficiently and cost-effective than ever before. Controlling FumeFX simulation or modifying existing caches by using a modern node based workflow opens up endless possibilities.
Artists will benefit from direct support of Arnold points, splines, instances, volumes, custom channels, and procedurals.
Posted by Kim Sternisha