Update: Pilgway Studio 3DCoat & 3DCoat Textura 2023 are Now Available + Special Intro Pricing
Pilgway Studio has announced the new 3DCoat 2023 and updates to 3DCoat Textura. The new versions contain multiple innovative tools and performance improvements. Plus save up to 20% with special introductory pricing through April 11, 2023.
What’s new in 3DCoat 2023?
- Sketch tool inproved. Enhancements to the Sketch tool make it more robust for quickly creating high-quality Hard Surface objects; including better performance and stability.
- Multi-level resolution. We introduced a new system for a Multi-Resolution workflow. It fully supports Sculpt Layers, Displacement and even PBR Textures. The Retopo mesh can be used as the lowest Resolution (Subdivision) level. 3DCoat will automatically create multiple intermediate levels in the process. You can rapidly step up and down the individual Subdivision levels and see your edits stored (throughout all levels) in the selected Sculpt Layer.
- Tree-Leaves generator. The recently added Trees Generator tool now has the possibility to generate Leaves, also. You can add your own leaf types, sculpt the shape if needed, and export all this as an FBX file.
- Timelapse recorder. A Time-lapse Screen-Recording tool has been added, which records your work at a specified interval by smoothly moving the camera and then converting it to a video.
- Auto UV Mapping. The quality of auto-mapping improved substantially, with much fewer islands created, a much lower length of seams, and better fitting over the texture.
- Surface mode speed improvements. The subdivision of Surface mode meshes has been sped up significantly (5x at least, using the Res+ command). It is possible to subdivide models even to 100-200M.
- Paint tools. A new tool called Power Smooth has been added. It is a Super-powerful, valence/density independent, screen-based color smoothing tool. Paint tools were also added into Sculpt room to simplify painting over the surface/voxels.
- Volumetric color. Volumetric color completely supported everywhere, where the surface painting works, even light baking supported and conditions.
- Modeling workspace improvements. A new Lattice tool has been added to the Modeling room. Soft Selection/Transform (in Vertex mode) is also introduced in the Retopo/Modeling workspaces.
- IGES export introduced. The Export of meshes in IGES format has been enabled (this functionality is available temporarily, for testing and then will be released as a separate Extra Module for an additional cost).
- Import/Export enhancements. The Auto-Export toolset has been improved significantly and offers a really powerful and convenient asset creation workflow. It includes possibility to export assets directly to Blender with PBR textures and better compatibility and optimizations for UE5 game engine and more.
If you already have a valid 3DCoat V4 license, you can get it upgraded to 3DCoat 2023 via your account at our website https://pilgway.com
Pilgway Studio 3DCoat
Make it faster in 3D
3DCoat is the application that has all the tools you need to take your 3D idea from a block of digital clay all the way to a production ready, fully textured organic or hard surface model.
Pilgway Studio 3DCoat is an extremely versatile application, employing cutting-edge technology to provide the CG Artist with a powerful array of Sculpting, Texture Painting, UV Layout, and Retopology tools.
3DCoat is one of the most advanced software applications for creating detailed 3D models. Where other applications in this market segment tend to specialize in one specific task, such as Digital Sculpting or Texture Painting, 3DCoat provides High-End capability across multiple tasks in an asset creation pipeline. These include Sculpting, Retopology, UV Editing, PBR Texture Painting, and Rendering. So it can be called a 3D texturing software and 3D texture painting software and 3D sculpting program, Retopology software and UV mapping software, and 3D rendering software all combined.
In short, 3DCoat removes the need to purchase (and learn) multiple specialty software titles, which happen to be comparatively expensive, by putting all the production-level tools in a single, affordable application.
What’s new in 3DCoat Textura?
- Power Smooth tool was added. it is a Super-powerful, valence/density independent, screen-based color smoothing tool.
- The Color Picker improved. Multi-select when you add images. Hexadecimal color string (#RRGGBB), possibility to edit color in hex form or just enter color name.
- Auto UV Mapping. Each topologically connective object now unwrapped separately in its own, best suitable local space. It leads to more accurate unwrapping of assembled hard-surface objects. The quality of auto-mapping improved substantially, much fewer islands created, much lower length of seams, better fitting over the texture.
- Render. Render turntables improved essentially – better quality, convenient options set, possibility to render turntables with high resolution even if the screen resolution is lower.
- ACES Tone Mapping. ACES tone mapping introduced, which is a standard Tone Mapping feature in popular game engines. This allows more fidelity between the appearance of the asset in 3DCoat’s viewport and the game engine’s viewport, once exported.
- UI improvements
- Blender Applink updated
Pilgway Studio 3DCoatTextura
Easy Texturing and PBR
3DCoatTextura is a tailored version of 3DCoat that has all its professional tools for 3D Texturing and Rendering at a more affordable price. Paint your 3D models faster using Brushes, Smart Materials, and layers. You can even create hand-painted and PBR textures. Plus, you get access to the FREE PBR materials library.
3DCoatTextura is a tailored version of 3DCoat, with a focus exclusively on Texture Painting of 3D models and Rendering. It is easy to master and is designed for professional use. The program has all the advanced technologies for texturing:
- All Texturing and Rendering possibilities of 3DCoat
- Paint 3D models faster using Brushes, Smart Materials and Layers
- Create Hand-Painted and PBR textures
- Wacom or Surface Pen, 3Dconnexion navigator, multitouch on Surface Pro are supported
- Unlimited learning mode
- Access to our FREE Library of 500+ PBR Scanned Materials and 1200+ PBR Samples
Posted by Kim Sternisha