Update: R3DS Wrap 2021.11, includes 9 New Nodes
R3DS Wrap 2021.11 is packed with 9 new nodes and a lot of useful features. The new Fast Wrapping node works up to 20 times faster than a regular wrapping. The Point Detector node allows you to automatically detect facial markers on FACS scans.
The most important nodes are:
- Fast Wrapping node is up to 20 times faster than a regular Wrapping
- Point Detection node allows to automatically detect facial markers on FACS scans
- Unsubdivide Geom node restores previous subdivision levels for models produced using Catmull-Clark subdivision
- Match Topology node matches the vertex order of your model with a given reference
- Delta Mush node implements the delta mush method
The new features include:
- Viewport antialiasing
- WrapCmd now works without OpenGL
- Shortcut tooltip panels inside viewports
- Focus camera on the next point in Select Point Pairs node
- Improved preference pannel
This release comes with 4 new tutorials:
- Getting Started with Point Detector Node
- How to Use a Point Detector Node with a Custom Topology
- How to Convert Blendshapes to a Different Topology
- Finally, How to Select Point Correspondences Faster
Wrap changes the way you process 3D-scan data.
When working with a large set of similar objects like human scans Wrap makes it possible to take an existing basemesh and non-rigidly fit it to each and every scan.
Wrap also provides a set of very useful scan processing tools like decimation, mesh filtering, texture projection, and much more. Thanks to node-graph architecture once you’ve processed a single scan you can apply the same recipe to an unlimited number of other scans.
Posted by Michele Yamazaki