IBC 2019: The Official Toolfarm Guide
IBC 2019 is just a few weeks away! Here’s an insider look at IBC, held at the RAI in Amsterdam, Netherlands, every September. This page will be updated with new information as it comes in. Updated 30 August 2019.
Featured image credit: 1919021
Conference: September 13-17, 2019
Exhibition: September 13-17, 2019
1078 GZ Amsterdam
Use the hashtag #IBCShow or #IBC2019 on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
Like visiting any big tradeshow, you’ll want to do the following before you leave:
- Download the mobile app or get acquainted with the layout of the exposition by printing maps from their website.
- Plan your transportation to and from the show so you won’t have any hiccups. If you’re from another part of the world, the names of the streets can be confusing. Taxis can be expensive. I’d highly recommend getting a multi-day transportation ticket when you get to Centraal Station. You will need to go to the desk to get a 3 or more day ticket. They do not sell them in the machines.
- Register for events before the show. This will help you with your schedule and will ensure that you will not miss out because an event sells out.
- Put together a schedule of things you want to see. Time will always get away from you if you don’t have a plan.
- Get a Dutch phrasebook or translation app. Pretty much everyone in Amsterdam that you will meet will speak English, but you’ll want to translate your dinner menu, street signs, and so on, especially if you stray away from the tourist areas.
- Cell Phones – It’s cheaper to pick up a SIM card and some minutes for your phone at the airport than it is to pay for international service on your American contract. It may not automatically want to change over. If you have an old phone lying around, bring it with you and put 30 days service on that, even if you’re only in Europe for a week. Of course, check with your cell phone provider. I know mine is $10/day and my husbands international is $120/mo! Crazy expensive.
Please let us know if we missed any of our vendors. There are a lot of companies with booths at IBC!
IBC 2019 Booths Not to MissPlease let us know if we missed any of our vendors. There are a lot of companies with booths at IBC!
|Avid||7.B55||We’re Back at IBC with New Must-See Products and Refreshed Features|
|Blackmagic Design||5.B23 , 7.B45|
|Bluefish444||7.B44||Bluefish444 will demonstrate 4K HDR/SDR quality assurance partnering with Marquise Technologies. Marquise Technologies’ ICE and MIST applications will be integrated with the newly-released Bluefish444 KRONOS K8 I/O card to output both HDR and SDR 4K/UHD SDI. ICE is the most advanced reference player for DCP, IMF packages with real time video and audio monitoring available via Bluefish444 Epoch and KRONOS hardware.|
|Boris FX||7.A65||Watch presentations on Sapphire, Continuum, and Mocha Pro.
Boris FX at IBC 2019 - Press release with details
|FilmLight||7.A45||FilmLight presents Colour On Stage at IBC2019|
|Grass Valley||9.A01||Grass Valley Enables Open-Standards IP Production for IBC TV|
|Maxon Computer||7.A59||Maxon IBC 2019 Compilation & Press Release|
|Telestream||7.C14, 7.C16||Telestream Demonstrates Intelligent Media Processing, Secure Delivery & Intuitive Video Analytics at IBC 2019|
After Hours Events and More IBC Info
4K Charity Fun Run at IBC
Technically a before-hours event, but get some fitness on in the 4K Charity Fun Run.
When: September 14, 2019, 7:30 am
Where: Amstel Park
Articles about IBC 2019
Posted by Michele Yamazaki